WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR OCTOBER 2014

Options

Replies

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,651 Member
    Options
    Joyce – sounds like there are changes to our threads… I don’t like it either, but am glad it is not that my computer is broken! ;)

Katla - I don’t ride a horse, but sometimes a bike, and our heads are important no matter what age we are!

All the new ladies – welcome!!!!

Love all the pictures!!! Will do some investigating on how to add ticker and icons… thanks for the links! Well work is calling. There is a lot on my plate this week… so better get to it.

October Goals:
    Breath
    Log every day
    Walk every day

Kim from N. California
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,083 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    My mom at 96 years young. Trying to add flower. :love: I got the love instead. : It wouldn't let me do two pictures in one post.hmmshsck4n55.jpg

Heather how did you find flower?
    :flowers:
    Trying flower for you. :flowerforyou: Success. You can still find the old icons if you go into send a message to a friend click on the icon and find the exact words they use. Hope it helps.:smile:

I tried to delete one of the smaller picture and it was not happy with me. So leaving them for now.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,328 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Will it add my ticker, will it add my ticker? ? ? ? ? :laugh:

Boo it didn't! :cry: :ohwell:
    27681614.png

Not too hard, but a drag. :ohwell:
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    happy hump day
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,133 Member
    Options
    Just stopping by to check things out.
  • margaretturk
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Made stuffed peppers using peppers from our garden. Extra yum. I also used suggestions from Eating on the Wild Side by Jo Robinson. She suggests crushing garlic in a press. Waiting 10 minutes and then adding it at the very end to maximize the nutritional impact. If you like history you will like this book. I also like how she does a recap at the end of each section to help you chose the best fruit or vegetable at the store or farmers market. I learned for instance not all onions are created equally. I also used her suggestion of microwaving corn on the cob in its husks. Turned out delicious.

It also turns out we have been modifying our food long before GMOS.

Today I will continue to read Eating on the Wild Side, so I will hopefully make better choices at the grocery store.

2014 word: contentment
    :heart: MNMargaret
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Wow, but I missed y'all yesterday!!! This is going to take some getting used to! I like the options of changing text style. Yay But, I don't like the little tiny pictures. I use that to see who is "talking" and they're about too small to recognize. I'm sure there are bugs to work out. It seems that the bookmark function is more like a webpage than marking topics. I do hate that my saved ones are gone (or, at least, I can't find them). I'll go out into the rest of the boards and explore later.

I've gained about ten pounds of what I'd lost but seem to be holding steady there. I essentially am about where I was this time last year. I'm not crying about it because I'm still so much better off than before, but I still have a goal in mind that is not where I am now! This thing with wearing the boot is really messing with my mind and making me freak out about what I'm eating. I guess if I am maintaining while wearing the boot and getting little exercise, I should be able to get back on a downward path once I can exercise properly again. Sorry, I'm sure that was rambling...

I was late to work this morning because I had a bad headache. I can't seem to get enough sleep, either. Just as I was about to leave the house, my daughter called and had fainted at work so I had to make a detour and pick her up and take her home. I will have to take her to the doctor this afternoon since neither of us wants her to drive until she is evaluated.

I mentioned that I had been the target of some gossip a few months back. This time, it is not quite so ugly, but still causing me and the other subject a lot of pain. I guess some of it goes with the territory when you are friends with someone who lives in a bit of a fishbowl, but I'm so tired of it!

Kim - So glad to see you back but so sad to know that you are having a lot of stress and drama in your life. Good vibes and prayers coming your way.

Everyone else - I am so glad to see you!

Off to get some work done now that I've rambled and ranted.

Carol in NC

50501853.png
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I've missed a few days, now trying to figure out the new changes.

Robin, welcome back. We've missed you.

Hugs to all,

Cindy in OK
  • tammytylerjones
    tammytylerjones Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Yes, this is a bit different isn't it? Carol, I'm like you. I scan the photos to see who is talking and catch up with them... the photos are so small! I wonder why?
    I am starting my 3rd month with a personal trainer twice a week and am so encouraged. First, I realize I have never used some of those muscles! (let alone have them!) Second, I now understand that "going to the gym" and using the elliptical just isn't enough for me. Third, I am so thankful that my metabolism has gotten me this far in my journey... without real exercise... and Fourth, I'm so happy that I'm alive and able to get myself back to where I'm supposed to be.
    I also read the book Fast Diet and I'm hooked. Is anyone else doing it? I might eventually do the Fast Exercise, but going to stick with the trainer until my daughter's wedding in late November. Hopefully I can do maintenance by then...

Robin, welcome back. Hope you are able to get your depression under control. This is a great thread to plug in to.
    Hope you all have a happy day.

Tammy in Va Beach :)
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Love the pictures you all have been posting! :D

Taking baby steps today, but did get in a good 30 minute walk to the post box to mail some bills.

Bought a few more Halloween decorations at Big Lots today - really like that store.

Have a great afternoon and evening, everyone!
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to post here since the changes, I hope this finds everyone well. I can't stop and read as I am at work but I am going to post and see if it works.
    Hugs to all,
    Patty, Cincinnati OH
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Still working on the new "stuff" & missing my ticker.The pic...if it works is DD in NYC. Agreeing our images with name under is super small! Pat
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Hellooo Friends!
    WoW. Missed a day and so am only just learning about the system makeover. :confused: Much to learn, so thanks for the helpful links. :smiley: If there was ever a time this group needed to bind together and help each other, this seems like it. We got this, ladies.

I'll be back soon. For now, I'm going to try to post a photo of my assistant (and 4-legged paperweight).

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
  • margaretturk
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I noticed the little bell at the top tells you how many people have posted in topics you have posted in since the last time you posted there. It too can help you find your way back.

28257843.png

I added my ticker by going to profile. Under ticker click on add to your site. Highlight info in BBcode box. Hit control c. Go to post you want to add ticker hit control v.
  • margaretturk
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Testing re -adding ticker.
    28257843.png

As long as I do not use the copy feature for something else. I can add my ticker by control (ctrl) v. Yes it is the letter v on your keyboard like in Victor. How this works on a smart phone no clue.First I needed to copy it with ctrl c.
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Hello again everyone. I'm starting to feel a little less overwhelmed with this new system. Still don't like it, but feeling less resentful. I too love the tickers. I think I read that they will be coming back eventually, but for now if you want them you have to re-post it every time. Seems like too big a hassle, but maybe once in a while.

I've been very happy at the studio lately. My friend Greg, (the one with pancreatic cancer) has started coming in to work a little bit. Today we put up some shelves for his stuff and he brought some tools and things from home to leave here. I love having him here. And my new "intern" is working out well. Just having people around is so nice. It makes me excited about making things again. When I'm all alone I don't think straight and spend most of my time on the computer.

Hubby came up here for lunch today and we ate leftover orange chicken, a huge peach, celery, orange slices and some baby carrots. He hardly realized it was diet food. I bet he stopped for ice cream on the way back to work though.

Two of my friends are going to a ceramic symposium in Lawrence, Kansas on Friday and I tried to sign up but it was full. Boo Hoo. Then today the art center called me and said there were cancellations so I can go after all! We leave Friday morning and get back Saturday night. It will be fun! We are sharing a room and will play Farkle all night, I'm sure. Too bad I'm going to miss a nice piano rectal here though.

Robin, it breaks my heart to know that you are going through such a rough patch. I hope you get relief very soon.

I'm practicing attaching a photo with one of my pots. I pulled it up on windows explorer and dragged and dropped it into the MFP window. Curious to see if it works.

tzzuq7kl863s.jpg

OK, I found something I like about the new system. When you are typing your post you can scroll up through the whole page of previous posts, not just three or four. That will help.

Bye again.

Sylvia

• margaretturk
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I am attempting to add more than one photo at a time. These were taken in Shaw's Garden in St. Louis. What looks like a bush is New Guinea Impatience. We had a spectacular day to go there. The white rocks are in the Japanese Garden. It has the largest Japanese Garden west of the Mississippi.

28257843.png

Also to add ticker need to be on the same computer. Other wise have to go through the process of copying it again from profile page.
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hello again everyone. I'm starting to feel a little less overwhelmed with this new system. Still don't like it, but feeling less resentful. I too love the tickers. I think I read that they will be coming back eventually, but for now if you want them you have to re-post it every time. Seems like too big a hassle, but maybe once in a while.

I've been very happy at the studio lately. My friend Greg, (the one with pancreatic cancer) has started coming in to work a little bit. Today we put up some shelves for his stuff and he brought some tools and things from home to leave here. I love having him here. And my new "intern" is working out well. Just having people around is so nice. It makes me excited about making things again. When I'm all alone I don't think straight and spend most of my time on the computer.

Hubby came up here for lunch today and we ate leftover orange chicken, a huge peach, celery, orange slices and some baby carrots. He hardly realized it was diet food. I bet he stopped for ice cream on the way back to work though.

Two of my friends are going to a ceramic symposium in Lawrence, Kansas on Friday and I tried to sign up but it was full. Boo Hoo. Then today the art center called me and said there were cancellations so I can go after all! We leave Friday morning and get back Saturday night. It will be fun! We are sharing a room and will play Farkle all night, I'm sure. Too bad I'm going to miss a nice piano rectal here though.

Robin, it breaks my heart to know that you are going through such a rough patch. I hope you get relief very soon.

I'm practicing attaching a photo with one of my pots. I pulled it up on windows explorer and dragged and dropped it into the MFP window. Curious to see if it works.

tzzuq7kl863s.jpg

OK, I found something I like about the new system. When you are typing your post you can scroll up through the whole page of previous posts, not just three or four. That will help.

Bye again.

Sylvia

Beautiful work, Sylvia
  • kayak_kutie
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I am attempting to add more than one photo at a time. These were taken in Shaw's Garden in St. Louis. What looks like a bush is New Guinea Impatience. We had a spectacular day to go there. The white rocks are in the Japanese Garden. It has the largest Japanese Garden west of the Mississippi.

Great pictures! I love that you can click on the title of the picture and it enlarges.

Tina
  • kayak_kutie
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Hellooo Friends!
    WoW. Missed a day and so am only just learning about the system makeover. :confused: Much to learn, so thanks for the helpful links. :smiley: If there was ever a time this group needed to bind together and help each other, this seems like it. We got this, ladies.

I'll be back soon. For now, I'm going to try to post a photo of my assistant (and 4-legged paperweight).

Rori
    Colorado Foothills

Gorgeous kitty!
    Tina