Freelee the Banana Girl...SMH

Options

Replies

• Itskaleena
    Itskaleena Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I actually like Freelee a lot...she's found something that works for her. And it not only works for her, it works for thousands of others. It's slightly hypocritical for you to be saying to watch out for her based on her dietary choices. It's basically you saying she's wrong and you know better than she does. Which seems to be why you'r putting her down.

She clearly states in many of her videos that she is not a medical professional, just that she's done a lot of research and tells things like they are based on her own experiences. If those videos help someone find what works for them, that's awesome!

I've definitely learned several things from her, 801010, and the HCRV lifestyle...was going all out 100% in that direction for me, no...but did it have a lot of positive takeaways for my life and health...heck yes.

Just think about how you go about your heavy handed judgement...there is nothing wrong with someone touting a system that works for them...and her lifestyle certainly leaves nothing out nutritionally.

I think it is more of her attitude toward others and herself righteous persona that she puts off in her videos that most people don't like. If her diet works for her then good for her, but it won't work for everyone. That's why we have so many different diets out there from vegan to paleo to flexiatarin to fruitatatin. The same diet won't work for everyone yet she acts like anything just slightly different then her way is horribly wrong.
  • EvelineUK
    Options
    I watch her videos for entertainment value, because she can't be serious about all this. 30 to 50 bananas a day cannot be good for anyone. I'd like to see her 20 years from now...

The video titles are always picked so that they cause controversy, and get attention. It's all so very very sad. But when it's mentioned that the bikini shots and provocative titles are getting a bit old, she gets her knickers in a twist and has a blow out on Youtube. They don't seem to be the type of people I could hang around with for a long time, they'd suck the energy out of me.

The only thing I don't mind about her is that she's not the 'raw vegan superstar' with ridiculously bright coloured fruit and a fake smile plastered on her face while talking in a baby voice like some out there... But other than that, her and her boyfriend get my bloodpressure up because I keep shouting at the laptop saying how stupid they are!
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    EvelineUK wrote: »
    I watch her videos for entertainment value, because she can't be serious about all this. 30 to 50 bananas a day cannot be good for anyone. I'd like to see her 20 years from now...

The video titles are always picked so that they cause controversy, and get attention. It's all so very very sad. But when it's mentioned that the bikini shots and provocative titles are getting a bit old, she gets her knickers in a twist and has a blow out on Youtube. They don't seem to be the type of people I could hang around with for a long time, they'd suck the energy out of me.

The only thing I don't mind about her is that she's not the 'raw vegan superstar' with ridiculously bright coloured fruit and a fake smile plastered on her face while talking in a baby voice like some out there... But other than that, her and her boyfriend get my bloodpressure up because I keep shouting at the laptop saying how stupid they are!

By Raw Vegan Superstar, do you mean FullyRawKristina?

• LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I didn't know her before but regardless of all the misinformation she seems to give on nutrition, this is enough to judge her:
    One thing that’s important to find out if you do lose your periods is if you are still ovulating. And for some reason I just instinctively felt I was ovulating because I felt so good

This-is-*kitten*.gif
  • Lilly_the_Hillbilly
    Lilly_the_Hillbilly Posts: 914 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    This is why I hate the argument response "you should read it up on the internet" when discussing a topic. The internet is full of wrong.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    If everyone just ignores here really hard she might go away. Obviously anyone with an ounce of common sense and a little life experience can see shes talking bobbins, I just worry about young impressionable kids who might watch her videos.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Itskaleena wrote: »
    I actually like Freelee a lot...she's found something that works for her. And it not only works for her, it works for thousands of others. It's slightly hypocritical for you to be saying to watch out for her based on her dietary choices. It's basically you saying she's wrong and you know better than she does. Which seems to be why you'r putting her down.

She clearly states in many of her videos that she is not a medical professional, just that she's done a lot of research and tells things like they are based on her own experiences. If those videos help someone find what works for them, that's awesome!

I've definitely learned several things from her, 801010, and the HCRV lifestyle...was going all out 100% in that direction for me, no...but did it have a lot of positive takeaways for my life and health...heck yes.

Just think about how you go about your heavy handed judgement...there is nothing wrong with someone touting a system that works for them...and her lifestyle certainly leaves nothing out nutritionally.

I think it is more of her attitude toward others and herself righteous persona that she puts off in her videos that most people don't like. If her diet works for her then good for her, but it won't work for everyone. That's why we have so many different diets out there from vegan to paleo to flexiatarin to fruitatatin. The same diet won't work for everyone yet she acts like anything just slightly different then her way is horribly wrong.
    Exactly. According to her basically everyone is an idiot except her and her boyfriend.

And many of us have found what works for us and couldn't be bothered with being jealous of her.

This. It's the way she presents herself (and her boyfriend) that bothers me the most.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    She's hot.

So is Barbie. I see similar levels of intelligence and critical thinking capabilities in both, though.

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    MSeel1984 wrote: »
    Terrifying. Just...truly. Check it out on youtube.

Listening to her talk scares me. There's so much misinformation about balanced diets out there...she markets herself as if the way she eats is the way all humans are supposed to eat and anyone who eats higher protein is ridiculous...
    So scary.
    Anybody else have opinions on this individual? People should be more careful about what they put out there for everyone to see...this could be a lawsuit waiting to happen.
    I'm amazed she isn't dead yet.

You spelled "disappointed" wrong. ;) (I kid, I kid!)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    MSeel1984 wrote: »
    Terrifying. Just...truly. Check it out on youtube.

Listening to her talk scares me. There's so much misinformation about balanced diets out there...she markets herself as if the way she eats is the way all humans are supposed to eat and anyone who eats higher protein is ridiculous...
    So scary.
    Anybody else have opinions on this individual? People should be more careful about what they put out there for everyone to see...this could be a lawsuit waiting to happen.
    I'm amazed she isn't dead yet.

You spelled "disappointed" wrong. ;) (I kid, I kid!)

LOL. I don't know enough to say disappointed. ;)

I have no ill will to her, won't even look her videos up because I don't want to contribute to her ad rev. I definitely think she's the food equivalent of a flat earther/ climate change denier and dangerous to herself.
  • littlekitty3
    littlekitty3 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    http://www.change.org/p/youtube-terminate-freelee-the-banana-girl-and-durianrider-s-multiple-youtube-accounts-and-internet-sites-and-ban-them-for-life

Seriously. I signed in a heartbeat. I used to follow her and I slowly lost all respect for her. Not everyone can live on a fruit based, high carved based, whatever they are promoting anymore diet. She's changed her weight loss time frames so many times. She blogged about that bike trip she did across Australia and said she barly ate anything, *kitten*. It doesn't add up.
    What also pisses me off is how they say we were ment to not eat meat and whatever else there is. Have they forgotten what evolution is? Do they not know that apes and chimpanzees eat birds?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Want to blow ya mind? Deer eat squirrels and chicks when they are low on calcium.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I discovered her channel back at the beginning of the year and was pretty horrified by her willingness to tell everyone they are "doing it wrong" without any evidence. I'm a pretty open minded person, so I spent a lot of time watching her videos and giving her a shot to not sound so insane. I was mostly hoping that somewhere along the line she would provide some incredible sources, but that of course never happened. I just can't support someone who isn't interested in sharing anything but anecdotal evidence.

That's just it-I did watch several of her videos-mostly she just screams (and her boyfriend cusses out) anyone who questions whether or not this method of eating works or is healthy...just...as I said, yikes.

• MSeel1984
    Options
    I've never seen any of her YouTube videos, and I certainly have no desire to go check them out now.

30267599.png

Hey, they're good for a laugh... *shrug*
  • MSeel1984
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Velum_cado wrote: »
    She's a vapid, awful person, but if you hear that garbage and think it's legit health advice, it's a case of reaping what you sow, tbh.
    Yup. It's like the ignorant leading the ignorant. They deserve each other.

He just sounds plain ignorant. He calls all people who have not had success with this (very restrictive) diet FAT GIRLS...
    He cusses them out...I mean...is this how you get people to follow this diet? Yikes.
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    nykismile wrote: »
    She also called Jenna Marbles fat. And apparently anyone without a thigh gap is fat and unhealthy too.

Yeah, i saw that, most unimpressed! Jenna Marbles is far from fat!!
  • MSeel1984
    Options

I'm not even saying just her dietary choices (which again are scary if she's saying protein is bad/evil)...
    She and her boyfriend accuse everyone of being wrong because they choose not to follow their diet...and that certain foods (like protein or animal based foods) are all toxic and this is why we're all fat.
    Anyone with such all or nothing judgement weirds me out.