Freelee the Banana Girl...SMH

Replies

• kati_nicole
    kati_nicole Posts: 7 Member
    I'm definitely not annoyed with her dieting practices, that isn't my business. I'm angry at the fact that not only does she push it on others, she forces it on others and shames them when they do not follow her advice. Trisha Paytas, one of the youtubers I follow, was singled out by Freelee. I think at this point she is just looking for attention and will say the most controversial things in order to be seen by the public. The best thing we can do about this persistent little problem is to ignore it.

We can't help ignorant people.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    I'm definitely not annoyed with her dieting practices, that isn't my business. I'm angry at the fact that not only does she push it on others, she forces it on others and shames them when they do not follow her advice. Trisha Paytas, one of the youtubers I follow, was singled out by Freelee. I think at this point she is just looking for attention and will say the most controversial things in order to be seen by the public. The best thing we can do about this persistent little problem is to ignore it.

We can't help ignorant people.

She also disses Cassey Ho...AT LENGTH-she has an entire episode dedicated to it...Cassey is in better shape than she is and her diet is a bit more balanced...
    Excluding protein to me is a huge red flag.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    I thought she had some useful information until I saw her thigh gap video. That's when I realized that she doesn't actually know what she's talking about and I couldn't take her seriously. At best, if you're into veganism or healthy smoothies or things of that nature, you can get some good ideas/recipes from her channel, but I definitely wouldn't pay attention to her beyond that.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,059 Member
    I thought she had some useful information until I saw her thigh gap video. That's when I realized that she doesn't actually know what she's talking about and I couldn't take her seriously. At best, if you're into veganism or healthy smoothies or things of that nature, you can get some good ideas/recipes from her channel, but I definitely wouldn't pay attention to her beyond that.

Yeppp. Especially with the volumes of food she encourages sometimes. It almost seems like a form of heavily regulated binge eating at some points.
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member

Yeppp. Especially with the volumes of food she encourages sometimes. It almost seems like a form of heavily regulated binge eating at some points.

I actually got the same sense. I've seen her brag about eating 3-4,000 calories a day and I've watched a video of hers where she ate ~1,200 cals worth of pasta in one sitting.

I dunno, she has a history of eating disorders and it's not uncommon for people who recover from mental illness or addictions to transfer the focus of their obsession from one thing to another. I can't analyze her thru the computer screen or whatever but that's what it all looks like to me.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    MSeel1984 wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    Want to blow ya mind? Deer eat squirrels and chicks when they are low on calcium.

I am now struggling to get that visual out of my head LoL

I worked on an animal game a while back, we had a bank of videos showing that and other WTF aspects of animal behavior.
  • MSeel1984

I actually got the same sense. I've seen her brag about eating 3-4,000 calories a day and I've watched a video of hers where she ate ~1,200 cals worth of pasta in one sitting.

I dunno, she has a history of eating disorders and it's not uncommon for people who recover from mental illness or addictions to transfer the focus of their obsession from one thing to another. I can't analyze her thru the computer screen or whatever but that's what it all looks like to me.

She does admit to a history of bulimia...I don't know-it's just a turn off that she's so FIGURE/BODY focused...she's not even really focusing on having a HEALTHY body...just being thin....
    Cassey may be thin but at least she's in sick shape...This lady just seems like she's off the deep end-and her boyfriend is creepy.
  • thefatveganchef
    thefatveganchef Posts: 89 Member
    Do not think she represents all vegans. Most vegans are more sensible and eat and promote a more balanced meal. She is extreme, like the WBC and ISIS.
  • dbmata
    what exactly about veganism and heavy restriction is sensible?
  • dbmata
    What exactly about comparing a vegan to a terrorist organization is sensible?
  • thefatveganchef
    Meaning she is very extreme and dosn't represent true christians or musilms.
  • MSeel1984
    Do not think she represents all vegans. Most vegans are more sensible and eat and promote a more balanced meal. She is extreme, like the WBC and ISIS.

I don't think anything negative about vegans-I believe it is a difficult lifestyle/diet to follow, but nothing negative about it...it's her attitude of superiority and her negative opinion of others that pisses me off.
  • missiontofitness
    Meaning she is very extreme and dosn't represent true christians or musilms.

Can we not?
    This isn't a political or religious debate.
  • thefatveganchef
    I as a vegan do not feel restricted at all. In fact as a vegan it has given me the courage to eat more foods than as a meat eater. I am 1000% less restricted. Instead of eating the same old hamburger day in or day out I have expanded my pallet. I never would have dared try Ethiopian, or Thai, or even tofu as a omnivore. Just because I do not eat meat does not restrict my choices, especially these days with companies making so many analogues.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Ha! No true vegan fallacy.
  • thefatveganchef
    I am not trying to make it political or religious, just saying that she is extreme and making comparisons of her extremities that people would understand.
  • missiontofitness
    edited October 2014
    I am not trying to make it political or religious, just saying that she is extreme and making comparisons of her extremities that people would understand.

Referencing those groups as part of your "extreme" comparison is inappropriate and unnecessary.
  • thefatveganchef
    ...and true.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member

Referencing those groups as part of your "extreme" comparison is inappropriate and unnecessary.
    I think the analogy is apt. She's extreme and fanatical. A perfect zealot. It would be hard to find a better comparison.
  • missiontofitness
    FredDoyle wrote: »

I think the analogy is apt. She's extreme and fanatical. A perfect zealot. It would be hard to find a better comparison.

But seriously...can we not.
    We're talking about a woman who eats fruit. Not a hate group or extremist group.
    Politics and religion is absolutely inappropriate for this conversation.