What foods should I stop eating?

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Foods you're allergic too. Otherwise, nothing.

this.

foods that make you sick.

also kale. because it's gross.
  • Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the only person that likes kale around here.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    In all honesty, I've cut out non-diet soda.

Diet tastes the same to me, is a big calorie saver, and liquids just don't fill me up. If I'm going to waste calories on a liquid, it should at least get me drunk.

And, btw, I love energy drinks.
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Lard. Don't eat lard or spam anymore. Other than that, just fit within your calorie and macro goals if you can, and move more than you do currently.
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    touché.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    If you give up the ones with chemicals, guaranteed weight loss
  • AShannon54
    AShannon54 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I didn’t cut anything out specifically, however I did commit to stay within the calorie limits I set for myself. I quickly had to adjust what I was eating to stay within my daily calorie goals or at the end of the day I had to have a tiny dinner or I went over goal. Unintentionally I started to gravitate towards foods that let me eat more with less calories (think - twice as many steamed veggies with dinner and cut out the pasta or rice).

I have been very successful with my weight loss without every completely cutting anything out. However, sometimes I look at things I used to enjoy and cringe knowing how terrible it was for me and have no desire to each it at all.
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Ideally you shouldn't have to cut anything out. But if you have a particular Achilles heel it might help you to cut it out cold turkey. For me it's sweets. People say "have a square of chocolate a day" and I just laugh because I know that's not going to work for me. If there's a chocolate bar in my home, that chocolate bar is eaten in its entirety, immediately, lol. I find it a lot easier to stick to eating well if I look at sweets as a holiday type of treat. Those of you who can work sugary goodness into your eating plans on a regular basis, my hat's off to you. I wish I could!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    FredDoyle wrote: »
    rkalllison wrote: »
    _Zardoz_ wrote: »
    Kale because it's food from the devil

Kale = Devil Food...and just plain gross

It's trendy to eat pig food it seems.
    I just eat the pig.

I occasionally eat salads... that way I know what my food ate.
  • dbmata
    Options
    cnlargent wrote: »
    touché.

lol...what do you use lard it, if at all?

carnitas.
  • mindful2012
    mindful2012 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If you like Dunkin Donuts Coffee Coolatta's (which I did love and consumed 2-3 times per week) until I put my sugar intake into context with the rest of my life. I'm allowed 56 grams of sugar a day. My Coolatta was using up 53 of these grams....leaving me with 3 grams elsewhere....ugh! And I DID stay within my total calorie goal each day that I consumed the Coolatta.....so maybe the focus isn't just calories...it's sugars, etc. too. It's the bigger, whole picture.

When do I now have a Coolatta? After I've done a 2+ hour hike and have earned it and can justify the extra sugar intake....

Thus, I have not cut out a particular food, I've just limited as to when I can have it, I know how it affects me and I've done something physical to earn it. If I was having a really crappy day and it was either the Coolatta OR forget this friggin' diet thing.....I'd splurge and have the Coolatta and get back on track afterward.

This is just an example from my life - you can insert any food or beverage for Coolatta and I bet it could be true. This is exactly what happened to me....and now I find I don't want a Coolatta because I am now knowledgeable about how much sugar it has and what that will do to my daily goals.

Good luck!

C-
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    No one can successfully argue that soda or transfats are good for you. Much research shows they are not. If you give them up and replace them with healthy alternatives you will be healthier. Will you lose weight? Only if you reduce calorie intake. I eat almost entirely healthy food and my weight is twice what it ought to be. Quantity affects weight, quality affects health.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Lard. Don't eat lard or spam anymore. Other than that, just fit within your calorie and macro goals if you can, and move more than you do currently.

were you eating it by the spoonful????

I mean I use lard to cook my popcorn- and all my veggies- I mean- nothing taste better than bacon grease sauteed veggies- seriously- that's amazing.

But- do you just ? um. eat it?
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I've given up my frilly coffees - pumpkin spice lattes, ice capps, etc. Not because you need to give anything up to be successful at this, but because I prefer to eat my calories rather than drink them. 300 calories for a small ice capp is a lot of cheese strings that would do a better job at filling me up while staying in my calorie allotment.
  • dbmata
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    touché.

lol...what do you use lard it, if at all?

carnitas.

thanks...now I want mexican...lol...I hope you're happy :neutral_face:

I'm half mexican... just spreading the love, halfway.