Would you sell your pet for $140,000?

Replies

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited October 2014
    Interesting topic. I'm not really sure. I've had several offers from random strangers and friends alike to take my chih-weiner, but never took any of them. Of course, no one was offering money either.... :wink:

It would have to be a strange mix of amount versus potential owner versus my current emotional state lol
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    ummmm yep.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    $140k?! Absofrickenlutely.
  • MarissaPalm
    MarissaPalm Posts: 123 Member
    Never ever ever... I love my 2 cats so much. They are brothers from the same litter, 3 years old. Cats as well as dogs have 15, maybe 20 years at best. We need to make it the best damn 15-20 years of their life!
  • JeffMeehan
    JeffMeehan Posts: 1,014 Member
    Yes....I take cash, visa and mastercard...lol
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    If I knew they would take good care of my dog? Yes... my ex and I just split and this would solve some issues.

Plus it means that they would have to deal with the dog hair...
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    WildOkapi wrote: »
    I could never sell my pet off like that. Obviously, some people care more about money than their pets. Ridiculous.

This!!!!!!!!!! <3

• 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    I doubt my 16-year-old cat with thyroid issues has $140,000 worth of value to anyone else. But I would have to say no, because we do have a pretty tight bond and I couldn't live with myself if I cut her loose after all these years... EXCEPT if the person buying my home was personally known to me, and the cat was too old to make a happy transition to a new place. That actually did happen to me once; I had to leave my 17-year-old cat with my former roomies because I tried taking him with me but he howled for three days and nights because he was scared to death and didn't know where he was. He was instantly fine when I brought him back to the old home and lived out the rest of his days very happily in familiar surroundings... I think I did the right thing.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Depends on the bond I have with the pet. I love my two cats but I would part with them to a loving home for a big wad of cash. I would chop off a limb rather than give up my dog though.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    mikeyrp wrote: »
    Depends on the bond I have with the pet. I love my two cats but I would part with them to a loving home for a big wad of cash. I would chop off a limb rather than give up my dog though.

Ideally the limb of whoever was trying to buy her.... But my limbs are up for grabs too.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Never ever ever... I love my 2 cats so much. They are brothers from the same litter, 3 years old. Cats as well as dogs have 15, maybe 20 years at best. We need to make it the best damn 15-20 years of their life!

But no matter how we try, it will also be the worst 15-20 years of their life.

• teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    I think that if someone offered me as much as that family was offered for the house and then said they would give me an extra $140,000 if I included my cat in the sale, I would tell them no. I would not trust any reason they would give me for paying $140,000 for my cat. I would just take the $2,060,000 they offered if I do not include the cat in the sale.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Oh hells yeah
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Maybe I'm misreading the article but it seems they offered extra for the house to keep the cat. Does that mean the would still offer the $2 million for the house without the cat? I think the crazy people here are the buyers who would pay $140K for a cat in the first place because their daughter liked it. Some people have too much money and not enough sense.
  • KelARita7
    KelARita7 Posts: 2,694 Member
    Hell yes, I have no pets, but if I did I totally would.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    even though I call my cats *kitten* and pretend they annoy me they are basically my children and the only "people" I talk to on a regular basis. that being said..... I wouldn't even have to think twice about this. but only if they were being sold to a good home.
  • JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    Eww. No way!
  • Tbaby1514
    Tbaby1514 Posts: 216 Member
    I hate the cat, but my son loves her, so I couldn't give her up.
    I also love my house, so I wouldn't consider selling it for anything less than perhaps $15 million, which it's not worth.