I obviously have far too much time on my hands as another question out of sheer curiosity has been nagging away at me ... so here goes.
- When was your 'AH-HA' moment that made you decide, 'ahhhm okay it's time to do something about this weight?'
- What made a difference this time which differed from previous attempts to lose weight &/or get healthy? (motivation)
- How much impact do you feel that a correct mindset has on the level of achievement?
Here I'll start this one:
- My 'AH-HA' moment was when I saw that my blood glucose level was 101 mg/dL and the normal range was 70-100 mg/dL.
- My motivation this time was not about making that silly little # on the scale go down, but it was about fighting off an impending diabetic future if I did nothing. The thought of all the complications that comes with diabetes. ie. kidney functions, amputations, blindness, etc. petrified me.
- For me, the mindset of 'oh I need to get healthy' rather than 'lose a few pounds' oddly took the pressure of me to 'loose X weight by X amount of time.' I looked at it as I have a lifetime to continue to reach for my goal. So the weeks where I was loosing mere fractions of a pound didn't bother me because progress was progress.