Ebola is freaking me out!!

Options

Replies

• klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I already called into work saying I had Ebola. Oddly enough, not one person blinked lol!!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Kisuke30 wrote: »
    10525865_10204223775267239_7223350303739746781_n.jpg?oh=e93f3e92234a4eeb41cd0fd018f68517&oe=54EDE43C
    I saw that on tv tonight. Wth???
    :mask::mask::mask:
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    That's a great pic ^^

You know who's next now!
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I'm freaking out too!!!! How will we ever figure out the calories for ebola-tainted chocolate? :s
  • Kisuke30
    Kisuke30 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    klkateri wrote: »
    I already called into work saying I had Ebola. Oddly enough, not one person blinked lol!!

You laugh about that but people are using it as am excuse to be seen quicker at a hospital. Its the new "chest pain" excuse.
  • whitehorse67
    whitehorse67 Posts: 101 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Tiamo719 wrote: »
    I needed to get that off my chest.

Did you know that most of our chocolate is made in West Africa??? :o

Not that it matters.....hopefully make you feel a bit better, but Chocolate isn't made in West Africa....They just pick the cocoa beans and sell them to distributors. Most of the people that farm the cocoa beans don't even know what they are used for. They don't even know what chocolate is. All they know is that they make a living picking them.....Check out this video of some farmers trying chocolate for the first time!

By the time those beans go through processing any virus, however unlikely, would die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEN4hcZutO0

• whitehorse67
    whitehorse67 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    I'd be more freaked out by a positive pregnancy test.

Now that made me chuckle......you made my day! hahahahaha!

• helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    sjeannot wrote: »
    Did yo uknow that frear is not of God. Our God is bigger than any illness that can come over our bodies so make sure you keep praying and keeping your eyes on him and not the things that can ruin our lives.

must.not.troll.

• helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Right now there is a group of soccer moms who are blaming gluten for ebola.

gluten is evil, also the 57 names the big bad corporations use to mask sugar... ¬¬
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    54941484.jpg

did anyone else notice that one of his eyes is practically vertical? (hyperbole but still)

• chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    someone called me today and started telling me about how the government is lying about ebola not being airborn and that it must spread easier than they say but they just want us to not panic...

but i dont get that. if it were a new virus, maybe they could make up facts about it... but its not like they could go to every internet site, medical journal, and everyones brain who knows, and change the facts about a virus that has been around for years...

she said she saw it on the internet so it must be true.

i am not freaked out at this time, because no point in freaking out really, what good does it do? . i am not one of those people who would survive an apocalypse. i am more like that couple on titanic that just held hands and laid in the bed and waited.

• Sophiareed218
    Sophiareed218 Posts: 145 Member
    Options

Not that it matters.....hopefully make you feel a bit better, but Chocolate isn't made in West Africa....They just pick the cocoa beans and sell them to distributors. Most of the people that farm the cocoa beans don't even know what they are used for. They don't even know what chocolate is. All they know is that they make a living picking them.....Check out this video of some farmers trying chocolate for the first time!

By the time those beans go through processing any virus, however unlikely, would die.

Thanks for sharing this video! I couldn't stop laughing, it's adorable! I hope they are able to get more chocolate from now on!

• Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

I really enjoyed this, thank you :-)

• lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    sounds like the media is hyping all this thru social media........sad, now one of the nurses are suing the Dallas hospital for putting her in danger........ gotta feeling were in for a bumpy ride
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    socajam wrote: »
    Your point is.

Do you think they will be squeezing all that Ebola blood and body fluids in the chocolate mixture. If that is your fear, stop eating chocolate and save yourself all this stress.

I'm crying :D
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    Chillax. It's really rare to get it. I'm a hypochondriac and yeah I've freaked about it, but it's not even here in Eng. I know it is in America, but still it would be rare. It isn't airborne. What happens is at some point it will just die out. It is a virus that comes and goes every 30 years or so. You should be more worried about the flu. The only people who are actually getting it is people who have been to places in Africa and contracted it there where it is rife. Very few others get it.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    chadya07 wrote: »
    someone called me today and started telling me about how the government is lying about ebola not being airborn and that it must spread easier than they say but they just want us to not panic...

but i dont get that. if it were a new virus, maybe they could make up facts about it... but its not like they could go to every internet site, medical journal, and everyones brain who knows, and change the facts about a virus that has been around for years...

she said she saw it on the internet so it must be true.

i am not freaked out at this time, because no point in freaking out really, what good does it do? . i am not one of those people who would survive an apocalypse. i am more like that couple on titanic that just held hands and laid in the bed and waited.

No offense, but the person who told you that, is very gullible and has got that info off some scaremongerer. If it was airborne, with the amount of people that got it, the whole world would of been infected by now. It's been around since Feb.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    1) The government has made lots of reassurances that didn't pan out, so just don't swallow what any guy with a title says. We are to obey the rule of law - we don't have to believe what they say.

2) Like another poster said, fear is not of God. There are many factors outside of our control, and if it is not within your power to solve it, stop worrying about it. Just be aware and do what you can do.
  • Ripfit138
    Ripfit138 Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Ebola doesn't matter, you'll probaby just get hit by a bus anyway.
  • BonnieandJack1
    BonnieandJack1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I think at this point I'm more afraid of the druggies running around ...invading our neighborhoods, influencing our future adults that will be running this country someday....oh yeah...and out there on our roads...DRIVING!