weirdest name for your pet

Options

Replies

• peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I had a terrior mix named "Little Bit 'O Honey"..she was the same color as the candy. She went by various nicknames: Yidder Didders, Squirter Derts, Squirts, Lil Bit. She used to beg for apples and carrots. During the winter, she would dig up under 18 inches of snow to get a frozen apple from under our backyard tree. When I had cancer, she pasted herself to my side when I had trouble with a picc line infection. She died about a year and a half later. I miss my yidder didders still.
  • lilac01
    lilac01 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this name is weird but my pugs name is Storm. People tend to think he's going to be an aggressive dog because of his name but he's the cutest thing you'll ever see!!!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    my brother in law has/had (one has died) two female dogs when he was younger..one was named duke.. the other jagermeister.. but most commonly reffered to as jager
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Well since this is still going, I will go ahead and post some of our other animals!

A Chocolate Lab named Reese Pieces Chocolate Bar
    Mix Breed named Chevis - my dad is a Scotch drinker

Now the rest are all have Oklahoma State University ties...

Yellow Lab - Miss T. Belle - after Tatum Bell
    Mixed breed - Mason - after Desmond Mason
    Black Lab/Newfoundland - Cooper aka Coop Doggy Dog - after Cooper Basset
    Daschund Mix - Dez aka Dumb Dumb Dezzy - after Dez Bryant
    Daschund Mix - Moses - aka Mo Mo - Marshall Moses
    Chocolate Lab - Coach Eddie Sutton aka Coach - after obviously Eddie Sutton
    Yellow Lab/Grey Hound Mix - Graham - after the Joey and Stevie Graham
    Daschund - Aggie - OSU's nick name

I think that's all... :) My family LOVES dogs, 3 are my parents, 2 are mine, 2 are my sisters, and 3 are deceased.
  • DaFrogRibbit
    DaFrogRibbit Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My son bought a jack Russell terrier and named her money. Her registered name was money out da window. Her nick name was money da ho. She was a part of the family. Died from a seizure at 13. Currently we have Charlie the basset / beagel. Angel the great pyrmese. Peanut butter pup a daschound. Pip pip the cat. And about 100 chickens.
  • shulaw
    shulaw Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    tehe i have a zoo so bare with me

ok compaq was my 18 yr old cat that is no longer with us :(

I have 4 cats mog, taz, flint and magrat
    1 chameleon - pearex
    1 iguana- frankie

then 12 ferrets - salem , fred, jasper, sid, clint, slinky, teddie , stig, porge , geo , curly and bramble :)
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    in the past, My little beagle boy (RIP) named Toby who more or less named himself. Was trying to come up with names for him, and I said this one talking about someone else and he got all perked up at it, and the more i said it the more excited he got. So, toby it was. Also a yorkie named Peppermint Patty (get it, york's peppermint patties... anywho...) and right now a chihuahua named Rocky cause he walks it looks like he's about to go kick someone's a** and a cat named Prego cause she's always pregnant. She's sort of wild so it's hard to catch her, otherwise I'd have gotten her spayed already. She only comes around after she's had a load of kittens and then disappears soon as the kittens are weened. We also have one we call Ugly Cat who comes around once in a while, like his name says, he's just an ugly cat, and he has an ugly attitude.
  • Flocker1979
    Options
    I was just remembering my first pet; a worm i named George

Thought it would be interesting to hear wierd names people have given their pets :)

My first pet was a cat called George! :laugh:

I also had a fish called Dog.
  • ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269
    Options
    I have 2 cats... Vegas and Emilio... Unfortunately Emilio is a girl. When we got her as a kitten we were under the impression she was male. Named her Emilio b/c my favorite movie is Night at the Roxbury and I love the part when they are in line at a club chatting up chicks trying to tell them that they met Emilio Estevez(spelling?) and they say... "and I was like... EMILIOOOOOOOOOO!" :laugh: Anywho, later we realized she was a girl and my daughter wouldn't let us change her name to Emilia... lol
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I have a Chihuahua named Princess. She had the name when I adopted her from the SPCA. I never really liked it (the name that is) so I called her Peabody, Peanut, Miss P, Lil P... anything other than Princess. One night I came home from an evening out with friends and too many drinks. I tried to call her and somehow merged Peanut and Princess and called her Penis. That name has unfortunately stuck.

An ex-boyfriend of mine had a Doberman named Baby.

LMAO!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    My cousin's dog is named.. Sir Renaldo Fuzzlebottom.
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    My university had an animal testing facility, and I would take the animals home when they were "done" with them. Most didn't last long. My two favorites were Flip and Digit.

They had done something to Flips brain, he'd be walking along, happy as a clam, and all of a sudden, flip a 160. Of course they'd also removed one of his legs, so he couldn't land. Digit had 4 toes removed for some godawful reason.

(And yes, I am highly against animal testing)

Growing up I had a purebred American Cocker Spaniel named...."Lady Rosy Beardon Amber III" Seriously, that's what the breeder named her.
  • monkeydoodle
    monkeydoodle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    We have 10 cats...Skipper, Jessie, Stormy, Shadow, Tigger, Pumpkin, BJ, Missy, Emily, and.....MARZAPAN:laugh: My son's first girlfriend gave her to him with the name already attatched! We have 3 dogs too...Harley Davidson, Charley, and Diamond.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    We have 5 dogs, 6 cats, 3 horses and a pond full of gold fish. Not to weird on the names, but my pit/terrier is named Chavalita and we have another healer/catahoula named Frodo. Once had a cat named Kinky and the first time she got out and I had to walk the neighborhood calling for Kinky. We changed her name to Missy, so I wouldn't get arrested if it happened again.:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Tacklebox:grumble:

I do not buy or seek out animals, God sends them to me via friends and family.

Seems each time one of my kids moved out I inherited a dog, cat, fish or frog.............yes an albino frog:noway:

So when my son named is Aussie Tacklebox I thought "Shoot, how am I ever going to explain THAT one?

TB is my favorite baby girl. :heart:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :yawn: I am tired. I would currently call my dogs Lady and Sir Stinky Breath of Andrews Court. Somehow they got into my daughters room and ate the cats special treat food.............which is stinky stuff. So they are both laying in my room with me (:yawn: cant sleep) and breathing hard..............blech:sick:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I was just remembering my first pet; a worm i named George

Thought it would be interesting to hear wierd names people have given their pets :)
    We have a cat named Fishy. lol I have a pic of him in my profile
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    My roommate got her kitty from the pound. His name was Triangle at the time and all his brothers and sister where other geometry shapes. We changed his name to Abe (after Lincoln)
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I had a goldfish called jaws...
  • Evarell
    Evarell Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    We've had many pets with odd names. In recent history: cats named Flea, Franken-kitty, and Potato; ferret named Fizgig and two fish named Mario and Luigi.

When I was a kid I had a pet chicken named Pecker-Wrecker.

Was Flea named for the bass player?