Show me ur heavy lifting results please!

Options
1242526272830»

Replies

• bschoo01
    bschoo01 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    trying to get this thread moving again! Love these!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'll play.
    May 2013 I gave birth to my second baby. I'd been overweight for about 6 years. Never touched a barbell or dumbbell in my life... I started MFP June 2013, after my 6 week postpartum check up

170 lbs at 5'3.5 "
    2hycqoh.jpg
    2zz0xae.jpg

Then, I fell in love with lifting

Around November
    21bu4xt.jpg

I finished my weight loss at 119 lbs

34zivjo.jpg

When I reversed calories to maintain and do my first bulk I only gained about 5 lbs in 7 months. I dropped down to 115 before going back up

These are my currents
    120 lbs
    2mhvp0i.jpg
    vmrud4.jpg
    9602o6.jpg

I currently do All Pro. I'm not a huge cardio person. I would play my dancing game in weight loss but other than that, walking and day to day was my only other exercise. I LOVE lifting.
  • karinaApplebombinos
    Options
    bump and you look awesome!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    bump and you look awesome!
    You're awesome! ♡ and thank you!
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Don't hav any before pics loaded in here but my profile pic is an 'after'.
  • tgiggles
    tgiggles Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I will def visit here often to be inspired
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'll play.
    May 2013 I gave birth to my second baby. I'd been overweight for about 6 years. Never touched a barbell or dumbbell in my life... I started MFP June 2013, after my 6 week postpartum check up

170 lbs at 5'3.5 "
    2hycqoh.jpg
    2zz0xae.jpg

Then, I fell in love with lifting

Around November
    21bu4xt.jpg

I finished my weight loss at 119 lbs

34zivjo.jpg

When I reversed calories to maintain and do my first bulk I only gained about 5 lbs in 7 months. I dropped down to 115 before going back up

These are my currents
    120 lbs
    2mhvp0i.jpg
    vmrud4.jpg
    9602o6.jpg

I currently do All Pro. I'm not a huge cardio person. I would play my dancing game in weight loss but other than that, walking and day to day was my only other exercise. I LOVE lifting.

This is freaking awesome!!!
  • lookfindfree
    lookfindfree Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Everyones results are so amazing! Was wondering, for the people who were lifting for weight loss. Were you lifting weights whilst in a calorie deficit? At the moment my calories are around 1600 a day 131p/131c/50f. Will I see fat loss on this sort of diet if I am only lifting and doing no cardio? Oh and I'm 5"5 and 131lbs! Thanks :blush:
  • matthewdavidross
    matthewdavidross Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    It might be hard to see but my profile pic is mine. 6 weeks in!
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    giggitygoo wrote: »

sssssss squats squats squats!

EDIT: This was a 1 year span

Whoa. Do not take offense but your *kitten* is amazing! Squats have done ya good...I have been trying and trying to get mine to lift and its being so stubborn!
    agreed. that is one amazing bum. i want one of those too!

Thanks! I should clarify that this was not just squats alone =) There were dead lifts, half dead lifts, curtsy lunges, box jumps, and a TON of ballet conditioning. Lots of kettlebell swings too. I love those.

You have the perfect bootylicious, please no offense. I have a booty but needs to be lifted. I tryied BBL, Butt Bible and now doing Jillian buns and thigh, so far I can't pass pencil test. Any cardio on your part or recommended dvds.Currently suffering from R knee arthiritis and wearing a knee brace to keep knee cap moving. Love your results!!!!

The main recommendation is just time, dedication, and patience. This took an entire year. The first workout that I did that gave me the best results was "bar method dancer's body." I suffer from various injuries (ex dancer) and this worked wonders for me. Completely low impact. I eventually moved on to heavy free weights, and I'm still learning.

PS: strength training actually relieved some of my knee pain. I can almost run now =P

I found this too. I did all cardio the first 3 months of my journey until my knee couldn't take it anymore. Then I got into SL and the pain went away within two weeks of squatting.
  • ZRx4
    ZRx4 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Bump! Love this thread!

I just started SL, two weeks ago! I'm praying for results like these! Amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!