What can calisthenics do for you? Let me show you.

Options

Replies

• fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Bumping to say I increased my max reps of pull ups today and really dang happy about it! I keep getting stronger every day. :p
  • Flyers1010
    Flyers1010 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats!
  • emcemayo
    emcemayo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    wow you look amazing this is coming at a right time for me!
    am going to build up similar workout for myself since I have the resource books.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! I am determined to do ONE pull up before the age of 60. (That gives me a little over 2 years to work on that goal.) :)
  • newgirl512
    newgirl512 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You look great. It was nice to see this as I just started using the You are your own Gym app. My arm muscles are sore!
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    bump!!!
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Your results are impressive. I need to do more of these type of exercises. More because I fear falling and hurting myself and I want to overcome this.
  • noor_v
    noor_v Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    you're my hero!!!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! I love it. All you need is a costume and you could be a freaking super hero.
  • VictoriaS57
    VictoriaS57 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This is a great thread--I'm going to enjoy going back to read through the whole thing. Just have to say, OP, you look fantastic! I love the bit about your physicality and agility. When the Zombie Apocalypse comes, I definitely want to be on your team. It was a great relief to find you've accomplished this without lifting. I'm a bit concerned about protecting a problematic lower back and I love this organic, body weight approach. I've done weight-training in the past, but as I read through the many pro-lifting posts here, I'd begun to wonder what I was missing. Now, here's a whole other approach to explore. Thanks for many resources. Congratulations on your stunning successes!
  • andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Love this thread. Thank you, OP!!
  • nuvimi
    nuvimi Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Wow, I would have never guessed you weighed so much before. You look amazing! Congratulations!
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • kangaroux92
    kangaroux92 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    i totally agree with you. to me the ultimate sense of fitness is to be able to move your body around, whats the point of being able to lift something heavy if you cant move your body around properly. i have a really week core, and cannot do even one push up. i can jog and lift some weight but when it comes to moving my own body weight around im so bad. i would love to be able to climb, jump, and do obstacle course activities.
  • greenie
    greenie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Very impressive!
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Thank you SO much for posting this! I have been doing a combo of light lifting (because doc won't me lift anything over 20 lbs) and walking. I've lost 60 lbs but I am flabby as hell and the weights seem to be REALLY slow going. I think what you are doing may be the way to go for me too. I'd love to have leaner looking body mass. I feel like I have just been bulking up even though I've been lifting light weights.
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Love this post. I've just ordered You are your own gym. I've always been annoyed that I have such weak upper body strength, I really want to do a tough mudder but I know I wouldn't be able to haul my body up over things. So this year I am going to work on that and do that race!!!! Thanks for posting. You look amazing!
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I don't see where you have any loose skin in the recent pictures, to be perfectly honest. I just think you look really strong. :smile:
  • alliums
    alliums Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This post is awesome. I am starting from zero, and am just doing basic exercises, but I like knowing there's a way to progress through this. And doesn't involve a costly gym membership.

Going to read the links now!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!