New mom.. 40 lbs to lose .. Who is with me?

Options

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I have a 4 month old as well, and a one year old. I'm not losing, I just gained back what I lost while pregnant, but I'm focusing on toning and getting my strength back after two babies in two years!!
  • Jennloella
    Options
    if you're looking for stuff to do at home, look up bodyrock. Theyre 7 to 12 minute HIIT kick you butt workouts that use mostly your bodyweight. They use some equipment but if you look on their website they offer alternatives to the equipment they use.
  • Meandlife
    Meandlife Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hmm... Thanks for the ideas :)
  • Meandlife
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    if you're looking for stuff to do at home, look up bodyrock. Theyre 7 to 12 minute HIIT kick you butt workouts that use mostly your bodyweight. They use some equipment but if you look on their website they offer alternatives to the equipment they use.

Thanks .... I just hope to lose an lb a week in start ... At least ... I'm just so stressed about my weight. And weight loss ... I'm not sure how I'm gonna lose so much.. :(
  • Meandlife
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to my fitness pal you will love it here everyone is truly amazing. feel free to add me! My boys are 9 and 6. Ive been unhappy with my weight for years. Finally need to do something about it. Congrats on your new baby!!

Meandlife wrote: »
    hi .. I'm a mom of a very cute 4 month old.. With 40 lbs to lose. Anyone wants to do it with me? I would like to do it with a other ppl who can keep each other posted and motivated.

That's what I have in mind ... I want to lose weight because it makes me unhappy and I'm not confident...
  • Meandlife
    Options
    Has anyone tried dance workouts at home , u think they work?
  • ashleyjordan14
    ashleyjordan14 Posts: 1
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm the proud mom of a 3 month old son...and I yes I have 65lbs to lose seeing that I was overweight before I became pregnant! I'm definitely with you on the journey and I just started myfitnesspal a few days ago myself.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Ooo, loving the new forum search function. You haven't been here very long so I'm not sure if you attempted to use it before, but well it was horrible. Anyway, back to your question.

Dancing can be a great workout. I haven't used a video program yet, but I did do the dancing video games last year for cardio.

Anyway, I did do a search of the success forums for some of the Dance DVD's I'm aware of:

Hip Hop Ab's
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1257322/beachbody-hip-hop-abs-results-5-7-pear-girl
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/785218/before-n-after-hip-hop-abs-w-pics
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/951854/picture-results-for-30-days-hip-hop-abs-shakeology

Rockin Body is mentioned quite a bit, but I can't seem to find any progress pictures where the person followed the program. A lot of people seem to use it as a cardio along with workouts that are more strength based.

Zumba is mentioned a lot as well, but it's hard to say if the person is talking about the classes or the DVD's or the video games. Although, I'm not sure if it really makes a difference.
  • Jennloella
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »

Thanks .... I just hope to lose an lb a week in start ... At least ... I'm just so stressed about my weight. And weight loss ... I'm not sure how I'm gonna lose so much.. :(

one day at a time =) if you need any help or suggestions, let me know!
  • jequi86
    jequi86 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a four month old and am looking to lose about 40 pounds as well.. Count me in!
  • lynette0502
    lynette0502 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 month old, a 10 year old, 14 year old and 15 year old. I have 50 pounds to get to my first goal and I am just getting started(again). Feel free to add me (That goes for anyone on the same path)
  • MollyAutrey
    Options
    Me! I have a 20 month old and an 8 month old. So, 2 under the age of 2, that did a number on my weight. I have 40 remaining pounds to lose. I recently started using the couch to 5k app, and am on week 4. So far it is working great for getting my cardio in. I do run inside on the treadmill, as it's too hot where I live to run outside. I'm looking to add to my workouts and hope to start seeing some real progress. So far, I just feel really great after I run, and it feels like an accomplishment, as I've never enjoyed running.
  • keky389
    keky389 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! My baby is 8 weeks old on wednesday! I have 40 pounds to lose as well :( I started following Emily Skye on Facebook. she has some great workouts she posts everyday. Ive lost 8 pounds in 6 days.
  • misslazo718
    misslazo718 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I would love to be friends with motivated mamas looking to lose weight! I am in the same boat. I have a 1 1/2 year old son and I gained about 50 lbs when I got pregnant and didn't lose any of it since. I want to lose 50lbs over all. Last week I started the 21 day fix and so far I am really enjoying the workouts but I haven't seen the scale change much so I'm always looking for encouraging friends! Add me.
  • Meandlife
    Options
    Ooo, loving the new forum search function. You haven't been here very long so I'm not sure if you attempted to use it before, but well it was horrible. Anyway, back to your question.

Dancing can be a great workout. I haven't used a video program yet, but I did do the dancing video games last year for cardio.

Anyway, I did do a search of the success forums for some of the Dance DVD's I'm aware of:

Hip Hop Ab's
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1257322/beachbody-hip-hop-abs-results-5-7-pear-girl
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/785218/before-n-after-hip-hop-abs-w-pics
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/951854/picture-results-for-30-days-hip-hop-abs-shakeology

Rockin Body is mentioned quite a bit, but I can't seem to find any progress pictures where the person followed the program. A lot of people seem to use it as a cardio along with workouts that are more strength based.

Zumba is mentioned a lot as well, but it's hard to say if the person is talking about the classes or the DVD's or the video games. Although, I'm not sure if it really makes a difference.

Thank you so much :)
  • Meandlife
    Options
    Lost 2 lbs in last week.... On the way to lose 40... Soooo happy
  • xjgirl94
    xjgirl94 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I want to drop 40lbs as well but I am not a mother! But count me in!
  • emmalilianmorris
    emmalilianmorris Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I had a c-section nearly 7 weeks ago and still have a fair bit of baby weight to lose. She's totally worth it though!

If anyone wants to add me, please do - I'm currently filling in my food diary every day.

Just wish I could stop myself having creamy hot drinks in cafes!
  • NewMummy96
    NewMummy96 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi , I have a 5 week old and need to loose 70lbs , please add me x
  • Trishism
    Trishism Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Add me! I have a 7 months old and I'm approx halfway down to where I'd like to be. :)