Options

Replies

• whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Atkins800 wrote: »
    Tiamo719 wrote: »
    where is this anger coming from? did you eat too many cookies and cant lose weight? Well don't take it all out on me.

That made me laugh :D
    People that are fit and healthy or atleast close to it want to be with others that are fit and healthy, most fit people are not attracted to overweight people. It is hard to be attracted to someone who cannot keep up between the sheets and has to stop because they are hurting or just plain out of shape and dont have the stamina to keep up.

lmaoo I totally agree with you.I bet any amount of money that those are are critizing me for wanting a fit partner are overweight so they took an offense to my thread. That pretty much explains it. I am fit and healthy so it makes sense to expect a partner that is also fit and healthy. Not a fatty

Seriously this person has to be a troll. No way can someone really talk/act this way. If OPs situation is real, and this is how you really do feel, then seriously you need to grow up. Leave your fiance, so he can find someone better. Invest in some mirrors so you can focus on whom you really love, yourself.
  • Telton66
    Telton66 Posts: 74
    edited October 2014
    Options
    whatatime wrote: »
    where is this anger coming from? did you eat too many cookies and cant lose weight? Well don't take it all out on me.

People that are fit and healthy or atleast close to it want to be with others that are fit and healthy, most fit people are not attracted to overweight people. It is hard to be attracted to someone who cannot keep up between the sheets and has to stop because they are hurting or just plain out of shape and dont have the stamina to keep up.

lmaoo I totally agree with you.I bet any amount of money that those are are critizing me for wanting a fit partner are overweight so they took an offense to my thread. That pretty much explains it. I am fit and healthy so it makes sense to expect a partner that is also fit and healthy. Not a fatty

Seriously this person has to be a troll. No way can someone really talk/act this way. If OPs situation is real, and this is how you really do feel, then seriously you need to grow up. Leave your fiance, so he can find someone better. Invest in some mirrors so you can focus on whom you really love, yourself.

I can tell the comments from heavy chicks and they are the ones that are flagging all the answers of those who agree with me.That makes me laugh

• NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    If you want a partner that is fit and healthy then for God's sake get off the damn computer, dump the partner you don't want and GO GET ONE. You clearly don't want the guy you have. That's fair. Now go get the guy you DO want.

How is this a problem?

• NoelFigart1
    Options
    If you want a partner that is fit and healthy then for God's sake get off the damn computer, dump the partner you don't want and GO GET ONE. You clearly don't want the guy you have. That's fair. Now go get the guy you DO want.

How is this a problem?

Because she thinks she's the one that's always right and the rest of us are wrong...that's why.

That poor child is so refreshingly free of the ravages of intelligence...
  • whatatime2befit
    edited October 2014
    Options

I can tell the comments from heavy chicks and they are the ones that are flagging all the answers of those who agree with me.That makes me laugh

Has to be a troll. I don't know any woman that would call another woman a chick.

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-32002-1394502035-1.gif

Do you love him?
    That's the real question. I'll give you a piece of advice-the attraction will fade. You'll both get old and wrinkly and saggy in places...physical attraction is not all that there is to getting married.
    Consider seeing a couples counselor. Work out the real issues. If he's upset about even talking about going to the gym-seems like there's something deeper there than just feeling out of shape.
    But...just remember that the physical part is so temporary. After that fades you are left with that person for the rest of your life.
  • NoelFigart1
    Options

I can tell the comments from heavy chicks[/] and they are the ones that are flagging all the answers of those who agree with me.That makes me laugh

Has to be a troll. I don't know any woman that would call another woman a chick.

To be fair, I do call other women chicks sometimes and I'm so real I'm using my real name.

A troll is possible, but I'm guessing someone who is frustrated at not being supported when told changing a partner is impossible. I do a lot of work in alternative lifestyle communities and see flipping out like this when people are told that they can't mold other people to their convenience or taste.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options

I can tell the comments from heavy chicks[/] and they are the ones that are flagging all the answers of those who agree with me.That makes me laugh

To be fair, I do call other women chicks sometimes and I'm so real I'm using my real name.

A troll is possible, but I'm guessing someone who is frustrated at not being supported when told changing a partner is impossible. I do a lot of work in alternative lifestyle communities and see flipping out like this when people are told that they can't mold other people to their convenience or taste.

Totally depends on the chick in question... ;)
  • whatatime2befit
    edited October 2014
    Options

[/b]

You are right, that wasn't a fair statement in general. However this is too troll-like, to come on a weightloss/fitness motivation and support board, and call women "heavy chicks" and use the word fatty. It just doesn't sound believable to me anymore. If she is "real", and acts this way around her SO, it says alot about why the situation is the way it is.
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    He may be experiencing some emotional issues if he's soothing himself with copious amounts of food. Perhaps he's overwhelmed, having stress at work, or is struggling with something he's kept from you. Please try talking with him, and (perhaps along with pre-marital counseling) have him see a professional.

I notice you've expressed very few positives about the relationship. Do you just want to be married to someone who accepts your daughter, or do you love him so much it hurts? Other posters have made it clear how much they love their partners, but your words have made me wonder why you're with him in the first place.

I also agree with others that it may be wise to put the engagement on hold, because he's no longer same person you fell in love with and communications seem to have broken down. If you can't talk to one another about everything you're feeling and going through, this relationship is too weak a foundation on which to build a marriage.

Bottom line: if you're not both equally committed to the relationship and the quality of your future lives together, it won't work.
  • shireeniebeanie
    shireeniebeanie Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    And I've totally called other women "chicks" too. Just to mix it up sometimes. :)
  • Telton66
    Options
    He may be experiencing some emotional issues if he's soothing himself with copious amounts of food. Perhaps he's overwhelmed, having stress at work, or is struggling with something he's kept from you. Please try talking with him, and (perhaps along with pre-marital counseling) have him see a professional.

I notice you've expressed very few positives about the relationship. Do you just want to be married to someone who accepts your daughter, or do you love him so much it hurts? Other posters have made it clear how much they love their partners, but your words have made me wonder why you're with him in the first place.

I also agree with others that it may be wise to put the engagement on hold, because he's no longer same person you fell in love with and communications seem to have broken down. If you can't talk to one another about everything you're feeling and going through, this relationship is too weak a foundation on which to build a marriage.

Bottom line: if you're not both equally committed to the relationship and the quality of your future lives together, it won't work.

Agreed. Last night he ate 4 slices of pizza late at night and he stopped working out. I am afraid he is going to keep gaining until he is back where he started

• MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Women on here are so catty sometimes....makes me laugh. :D:D
  • Telton66
    Options
    MityMax96 wrote: »
    Women on here are so catty sometimes....makes me laugh. :D:D [/quot

Agreed. You look nice and fit from your pic btw :D
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Actually, I am not remotely overweight and never have been, but I still find you a right nasty piece of work. I sincerely hope your fiance throws his anchor in another direction and finds himself a more deserving and compassionate human being. Then maybe he might feel more inclined to deal with whatever is underlying his weight gain.
  • MityMax96
    edited October 2014
    Options

Agreed. You look nice and fit from your pic btw :D

Thanks, I try.
  • Telton66
    Options

• MityMax96
    Options
    Thank you. :)
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options

And you were feeling left out and decided to join in? ;)

(No, I wasn't one of the people who flagged you.)

OP, none of us get guarantees for the future. If he has had weight problems before and is having them again, you already know he has a chance of having it be a problem. You can't change him, so it's on you to figure out if it's a problem you can deal with now and later.

I doubt people's answers are heavily influenced by their weight, probably more their opinions about commitment. Some of the people who disagree with you are in great shape. I'm in the camp of overweight not being a deal breaker, and I'm not overweight. But I'm not going to live in your relationship, so only your deal breakers really matter.
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    OP,I would hate to be in situation. Thank god my SO is a gym rut and is very fit. Just like how I would want it :) . There is just no excuse to stop taking care of yourself just because you are in a relationship. That`s unacceptable