Lose 5 Pounds A Month April 2011 Challenge

Options

Replies

• marathonmom72
    marathonmom72 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Down another .2 pounds. Today's weight is 149.8. Three weeks ago I was 154. If I can manage to loose .8 pounds in the next 3 days I'll make my 5 pounds!!
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    well I have been bouncing like a lunatic all month but my ending weight is 150.2 yay. so I guess that means that I have lost somewhere around 2 pounds.
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    FINALLY the scale was nice to me this morning after the Easter eating debacle. I'm working my butt off this week to make Friday's final weigh in a success.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Well the end of the month is almost here, how is every one doing? I will not make my goal this month. It has been a bad combination of things. Up until this past week I had the exercise thing going great, now the kid's spring sports are kicking in and it has been a crazy week. I got my Monday weight lifting done and here it is Thursday and that is the only exercise session I have had this week. I was going to run last night but when my daughter came home from school she told me there was a witness reading at church by this year's confirmation class and she needed to go because she is getting confirmed next year and this is one of the requirements for her to do. So no running last night I am hoping to get it in tonight. Which will probably not be great for my final weigh in for the month. I seem to retain water the day after a big cardio session.

Well even so it is time to get ready for next month's challenge.

Have a great rest of the month!

Terri
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    YAY!! Was sitting at 150.0 today down .2 from two days ago
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Here is the link to the May challenge.

I hope to see you there. Let's keep working on this journey togetther.

Terri

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/228284-lose-5-pounds-a-month-may-2011-challenge
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Ok I STILL have today and the rest of tomorrow!
    Even though it is the TOM I hope to not show gain this month.
  • sccamero
    sccamero Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This has really motivated me. I lost seven pounds this month alone. :)
  • lljanssen
    lljanssen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Thursdays....so here is where I am:

4/1 - 212
    4/7 - 210
    4/14 - 206
    4/21 - 206 - grrrr
    4/28 - 203.5

Down 8.5 lbs total - I keep a watch of my calories every meal, every day and do 4 - 500-600 calorie burns/week plus as many walks that burn 200-300 calories over my lunch hours or in the mornings I don't intend on working out....so far so good.

Short Term Goal - under 200 by Mother's Day
    Total Weight Loss Goal: 160 (hopefully by October 1st @ 2 lbs/week....)
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Just a couple of days left, come on all, let's do this!!

To those who reached or PASSED the 5lbs goal, WTG !! THat's really great!

To those not quite there, you can do this! Look how far you've come, keep it going!!

To those that haven't budged or went the other way, fight for it!! So you may not get it this month, pull out the big guns for May!

Don't stop, get it get it!!
  • kelley555
    kelley555 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm down 6.5 so far! I'm so excited! Thanks for the challenge!
  • shawnae2
    shawnae2 Posts: 105
    Options
    I have so been cheating myself. Got a heart rate monitor today and tracked my calories while doing 30 day shred. Went from 300 to 900. ...my goodness.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I have so been cheating myself. Got a heart rate monitor today and tracked my calories while doing 30 day shred. Went from 300 to 900. ...my goodness.

holy what level? I only burn 200-240 calories doing level 1 and 2 :(
  • soniajc
    soniajc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Not a good month but have lost 4 ibs in total this month.
    Not bad as been off the diet for a little while.
    Will get straight back on with it for May
    :happy:
  • stephcorona
    stephcorona Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    131.8!!! yay
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Down to 160 so I'm only halfway there with 2.5 lost, but certainly better than nothing!
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    YAY!! Was sitting at 150.0 today down .2 from two days ago

55 - I am very proud of you!!! I really struggled this month, and am still up those few pounds that I didn't want to admit to at the end of last month, at 154. I think it's your turn to drag me with you to 150...
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    To those that haven't budged or went the other way, fight for it!! So you may not get it this month, pull out the big guns for May!

Bru, thanks for the cheering. I really need to hear it right now. I need my mojo back. :ohwell:
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options

Bru, thanks for the cheering. I really need to hear it right now. I need my mojo back. :ohwell:

You are most welcome! I hit 50lbs lost in Nov and I have bounced from 201-193.2 since then (darn Winter!) and even then, I have seen 193.2 since the beginning of March. My goal is to burn 30000 cals this month (well, over 36days) and I'm hoing this will keep pushing me in the right direction . :heart:
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Final April check-in:

April 1: 225
    April 8: 222
    April 15 : 218
    April 22: 214
    April 29: 213

In total, lost 12lbs. It took me all this week to make up the ground I lost from Easter. I still regret those decisions....

Hoping everyone ends their April strong! See you in the May challenge!!