What's your favorite "healthy" cereal? Just curious.

Options

Replies

• looopyloops
    looopyloops Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just started ww and am allowed plain old rolled oats, I find it stays with me longer then a lot of carbs, and has helped me loose weight these past two weeks,
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Kroger Bran Flakes with a sliced banana. 1% Milk.
  • DeadsAndDoritos
    DeadsAndDoritos Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I eat cereal for breakfast every weekday.

Either Weetabix or Bran Flakes with raisins.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    healthy cereals is an oxymoron.
    a protein shake can have less cals and far more nutritional value.
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Weet-Bix, and old fashioned oatmeal. Both are not ridiculously high in sugar, provide good amounts of fibre, and keep me full for hours. :)
    Exactly this, I eat the porridge oats on run days and wheatabix on the others.

• Eserra0510
    Eserra0510 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    steel cut oatmeal
  • TenderMoon
    TenderMoon Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    1/2 C Quaker rolled oats, 3/4 cup soy or almond milk, 1 T ground flax, dash of salt, dash of cinnamon, mix well, overnight in fridge. Mix in fruit of choice the next day. and a T of pumpkin seeds/chopped walnuts etc. Sweeten to taste using Stevia, Splenda (whatever suits you) Sometimes I add half a cup of canned pumpkin or 1/4 cup LF cottage cheese to up the protein. You can also do a chocolate version by adding 2T of dark chocolate cocoa powder. I've been eating some version of this for lunch since May. Very filling and stays with you a long time.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I like plain old cheerios with plain old milk, no sugar. I'm plain like that when it comes to cereal. Oatmeal, on the other hand, I make it my mission to try any combination I can find.
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Captain Crunch.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    Special K.. any of them with chocolate chunks in it.. yum
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Don't discriminate on cereal! Its all good.

I like Golden Grahams and Reese's Puffs
  • brittanyleigh1220
    brittanyleigh1220 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Love love love Kashi Go Lean Crunch. It's got a lot of protein. I also love Special K Protein Cereal. I eat a couple servings of that for dinner sometimes.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I can't face the day without a big bowl of oatmeal with some strawberry jam.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    cw106 wrote: »

Please could you explain?

OP, when dieting I eat the same cereals I eat when not dieting, perhaps just in smaller portions. I like porridge/oatmeal (especially with cinnamon and raisins), Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and Oat Granola
  • Doone33
    Doone33 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    GRITS! YUMMO! With pumpkin (for the season of course) I LOVE carbs.. they hate me!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Cracklin Oat Bran
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    cw106 wrote: »
    a protein shake can have less cals and far more nutritional value.

Depends on your nutritional needs. Kind of a void statement.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Cracklin Oat Bran

Oh my, yes. I can't be trusted around this. I could eat the whole box no problem.
  • Mapanggulo
    Mapanggulo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Post - Great Grains - Banana Nut Crunch, Cranberry Almond Crunch or Digestive Blend Berry. 3/4 cup only.

I usually put a tablespoon of either dried cranberries, raisins, plums, or blueberries along with a tablespoon of granola in it along with 1% milk and I'm good to go. Surprisingly after eating this type of breakfast for over 100 days I'm still not tired of it. I actually look forward to it.