Are You Insane???

Options

Replies

• lpadilla75
    lpadilla75 Posts: 154
    Options
    Week 1 day 3 and I couldn't get out of bed this morning. I will be doing it right after work.

I am an aerobics instructor, I'm trying to find the right balance between my workouts and what I do teaching. I must say....2 days and it's kicking my butt. I'm definately outside of my confort zone which is a god thing.

Yikes! Now I am really scared:noway: I am also on day 3 and will be doing my workout after work. I was already sore yesterday from the fit test and then this morning I am even more sore. I am getting around just very slowly. I think tonights workout will be extremely tough since I am sore. Mostly my back which makes everything difficult.

My back is sore too! Working muscles I didn't realize I had.
  • lpadilla75
    Options
    Just finished day 3 of week one...wasn't so bad once I warmed up.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    Did pretty good on my second fit test, I will post my numbers later. Some I even beat my fiance hahahahahahaahahah take that you boy.
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Did pretty good on my second fit test, I will post my numbers later. Some I even beat my fiance hahahahahahaahahah take that you boy.

LOL Yay! Girls ROCK!
  • road2peachtree
    Options
    Aiight, just finished day...ummm...4 of Recovery Week. It seems that I keep burning more and more everyday--which is awesome, but man...I thought I was suppose to be recovering. LOL Can't wait to weigh in on Saturday for my official weight. On Wednesdays I check just to see where I am and I weighed in at 257! Hopefully on Saturday I will be 257 or lower. That would be awesome.

I am kinda confused about something though. My weight is at a crawl and my inches really don't seem to be melting off either....so why am I getting little? Like I bought a pair of pants a week ago and they fit perfectly, put them on today and I was pulling them up ALL day! Bought a dress about 2 weeks ago, put it on Tuesday and it's almost too big--when I bought it, it fit like a glove. Then you look at my before and afters and it's only an 8lb difference and like a 2inch difference....so why does it look like a big difference? Is anyone else dealing with this too?
  • abouck
    abouck Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Finished Day 4 Cardio Recovery. This is by far the best one yet as there is no cardio!!! I still worked up a sweat but it was great. A little scared about Pure Cardio tomorrow. 55 Minutes YIKES:noway: Hope I can power through and still be able to function the rest of the day LOL.
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    Aiight, just finished day...ummm...4 of Recovery Week. It seems that I keep burning more and more everyday--which is awesome, but man...I thought I was suppose to be recovering. LOL Can't wait to weigh in on Saturday for my official weight. On Wednesdays I check just to see where I am and I weighed in at 257! Hopefully on Saturday I will be 257 or lower. That would be awesome.

I am kinda confused about something though. My weight is at a crawl and my inches really don't seem to be melting off either....so why am I getting little? Like I bought a pair of pants a week ago and they fit perfectly, put them on today and I was pulling them up ALL day! Bought a dress about 2 weeks ago, put it on Tuesday and it's almost too big--when I bought it, it fit like a glove. Then you look at my before and afters and it's only an 8lb difference and like a 2inch difference....so why does it look like a big difference? Is anyone else dealing with this too?

Um, your shrinkin butt should stop complaining! lol <3 Idk, I have the opposite problem. I have no idea if I've lost inches because I have yet to measure myself lol but I've lost 15lbs and my clothes seem to fit the same..sigh. I wish I had your issue!
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    Recovery Week my a#*!!!!!!! I am recovering cardio wise, but my legs are toast!!! I am really starting to be concerned about completing the next 4 weeks. My legs are completely burnt out. Jello to say it another way!!! BUt it's all good!!! Almost 5 WEEKS OF INSANITY DONE!!!!!!! I still can't believe I made it this far.

To all of the newbies to the thread...WELCOME!!!!! And congrats on your journey!!! Insanity is....well...INSANE!!! But awesome too!!!
    I saw some pretty nice numbers on your fit tests. Wait till your second test- it's great to see the improvement.

Two more days left in Recovery Week (soon to be 1!!!) and then a day off before hell begins!!! Catch up with all of you later!!! Keep up the great work!!!
  • lpadilla75
    Options
    Day 5 Done! All I can say is holy smokes. Insanity is kicking my butt.

One thing I must work on it my calorie intake. I'm not eatin nearly enough. I have to come up with a better plan.
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    Day 5 Done! All I can say is holy smokes. Insanity is kicking my butt.

One thing I must work on it my calorie intake. I'm not eatin nearly enough. I have to come up with a better plan.

I had to increase my calories as well I was eating 1500 but after 3 weeks I could barely function. Now I'm at 1700 seemed to make a difference.
  • lpadilla75
    Options
    BflSaberfan ~ Thanks for the tip.

I'm at 1400 and it's definately not working for me. I'm upping it today. I went shopping last night looking for ways to add healthy calories, so easy to add junk.

~Lisa~
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    BflSaberfan ~ Thanks for the tip.

I'm at 1400 and it's definately not working for me. I'm upping it today. I went shopping last night looking for ways to add healthy calories, so easy to add junk.

~Lisa~

It really is, once you realize, I have an extra 300 calories to eat today its really hard to make that 300 really count because a snack sounds so much better lol
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    FINALLY!!!!
    Yes!
    Been looking for an insanity buddy.
    Starting on Sunday.
    Message me PLEEEEZ if you're interested in someone to commiserate with and possible compete with!
    :drinker:
  • tiggercub20
    tiggercub20 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm also starting Insanity on Sunday!! Is anyone else starting Insanity on Sunday?? Some workout buddies would be GREAT!!! :) Please let me know!! :happy:
  • Skolls081102
    Options
    shainindi and tiggercub20- welcome to Insanity!!! By all means, please feel free to join our crew. We are all at different stages of the workout, which works out great for everybody. I am currently in Week 5 (Recovery Week) w/ one day left before my rest day. And then it's off to Month 2!!! There are a few people that are just finishing up Week 1 I believe. And people spread all through here and there!!! lol

You are in for one heck of a journey. This is one INTENSE, but completely incredible workout!!! You will hate it, you will love it, and you will definitley love to hate it!!! But it's so worth it. Welcome aboard!!!

Make sure you post the results of your fit test on Sunday!!!
  • road2peachtree
    Options
    Honestly Moment #114: I refuse to look at Shaun T's face today. I refuse to look at Tonya and her smiley perky a**. I refuse to sweat insanely and punch my hips because they burn. I.....re.....fuse! Tomorrow is a different story, but today damn it I've been playing tag for 3 hrs with a bunch of elementary school children and that's enough exercise for anyone. That is all....good night. LOL
  • BflSaberfan
    Options
    Honestly Moment #114: I refuse to look at Shaun T's face today. I refuse to look at Tonya and her smiley perky a**. I refuse to sweat insanely and punch my hips because they burn. I.....re.....fuse! Tomorrow is a different story, but today damn it I've been playing tag for 3 hrs with a bunch of elementary school children and that's enough exercise for anyone. That is all....good night. LOL

Tonya and Shaun T had me smiling all through week 1.

Now

Not so much

lol
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Starting Round 2 on Monday (I Think)
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options

hahahaha this is awesome. I think I will need more honesty moments from you in the future, it made me smile!
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    My honesty moment for the day is DON'T TRY TO TALK WHILE DOING INSANITY. It doesn't work. At all.

I should have known-I mean damn, I can barely breathe while doing it as it is-but today I made the mistake of trying to talk. My dad is in town visiting me and was watching me do insanity before I took him to the Hoover Dam. In one way I was excited because he kept complimenting my dedication to working out. I mean it IS dedication, and like today-I was HUNGOVER and got up early to finish Insanity before we went to tour the dam and what not. But last night I drank about 5 beers and was wastey faced, and got up feeling horrible, and did insanity. So I felt good with the compliments, but then I am trying to tell him like "Oh this is only the warm up, just wait for the real part," and he starts asking questions. Within 20 more seconds I just was out of breathe and speaking one word at a time. :)

He started laughing and said "ok, no more talking for you, just more breathing...I'll leave you alone now."

And it was only the warm up yet I was dying. The warm up in power and resistance kicks my *kitten* every time! All the jumping, geeez.