Wheat Belly- Book

Options

Replies

• daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    jay8anks wrote: »
    If the SAD diet is so healthy, why does nobody cure themselves from disease...by *** going on it *** ?

Reminds me of...

3767_Homer-Simpson.jpg

Just wow
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    s_pekz wrote: »

Here...

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/metabolic-advantage/anthony-colpo-a-man-obsessed/

I doubt you even read anything Dr Mike wrote. I bet you couldn't wait to disprove it. C'mon. Admit it ;)

I actually read teh article you posted and then puked a bit. so theres that.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    LeonCX wrote: »
    ETA: usually cutting out entire food groups means a significant decrease in calories, so CICO is what's actually causing the success, not the miracle of no cheese.

I just cut the cheese. No weight loss, but p.u.

My life would be so much easier if farting actually made people lose weight.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Diets are like religions. People here will fight to the death defending theirs and debunking yours. Life is so short. Just be happy.
    btw I'm on the Tapeworm Diet. It's the only one that works. Period.
  • TrailRunnermn
    TrailRunnermn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    s_pekz wrote: »

I actually read teh article you posted and then puked a bit. so theres that.

Lolz
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    If your calorie intake decreases, you lose weight. Because science.

Cute...

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/metabolism/thermodynamics-and-weight-loss/

Enjoy!

if you are so confident in this article, why don't you run a self experiment and eat 2000 calories over maintenance of "good" calories a day for two months ,and see if you gain, lose , or maintain…and then report back to us...
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Diets are like religions. People here will fight to the death defending theirs and debunking yours. Life is so short. Just be happy.

Maybe that's why I'm an atheist. I don't really care what people do as long as they are happy and kind.

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Cute...

Enjoy!

if you are so confident in this article, why don't you run a self experiment and eat 2000 calories over maintenance of "good" calories a day for two months ,and see if you gain, lose , or maintain…and then report back to us...

I wonder if this will be accepted or if he'll do like his hero and ignore the challenge because.....

Deer-popcorn.gif
  • TrailRunnermn
    Options

Cute...

Enjoy!

I would probably gain weight due to hormones, not the law of thermodynamics. It's crazy to neglect the fact that hormones are what make us lose fat and gain muscle. Did you know bodybuilders can eat huge amount of foods that are at a huge surplus but if they are on T3 or T4, they will lose fat? Also, if a bodybuilder was at maintenance or even at a deficit but took a couple grams of Test, he would build muscle.

#science brah
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Maybe that's why I'm an atheist. I don't really care what people do as long as they are happy and kind.
    Then that makes me a diet atheist. Do what you want,,,just keep it to yourself, and stop asking people's opinions about it. LOL (am I right?) :#

• ndj1979
    Options

Cute...

Enjoy!

I would probably gain weight due to hormones, not the law of thermodynamics. It's crazy to neglect the fact that hormones are what make us lose fat and gain muscle. Did you know bodybuilders can eat huge amount of foods that are at a huge surplus but if they are on T3 or T4, they will lose fat? Also, if a bodybuilder was at maintenance or even at a deficit but took a couple grams of Test, he would build muscle.

#science brah

you did not answer the question, but nice try at deflecting…

again - if you are so confident in this eat over maintenance of the "good" calories (whatever those are) and report back in two months…

why don't you want to do it???
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Cute...

Enjoy!

How exactly does posting a link change the fact that you were in a calorie deficit? To actually prove that what you ate made the difference and not calorie intake, you would have had to keep calories the same as a control.
  • TrailRunnermn
    Options

again - if you are so confident in this eat over maintenance of the "good" calories (whatever those are) and report back in two months…

Not deflecting. I don't get what you want. If I eat a crap ton of calories, I will gain weight due to insulin (a hormone). Not because of the Laws of Thermodynamics.

Read...

http://drhyman.com/blog/2014/04/10/calories-dont-matter/
  • TrailRunnermn
    Options
    How exactly does posting a link change the fact that you were in a calorie deficit? To actually prove that what you ate made the difference and not calorie intake, you would have had to keep calories the same as a control.

I'm lost. I never mentioned anything about weight loss. I was talking about increased performance.

Speaking of that, shouldn't someone who eats 10,000 calories have more energy than someone who eats only 2500 calories according to the law of thermodynamics. Oh that's right, hormones cause the person that eats 10,000 calories to be lethargic and not as energetic.

I really don't care if someone thinks the way I do. I just want people to think.
  • ndj1979
    Options

Not deflecting. I don't get what you want. If I eat a crap ton of calories, I will gain weight due to insulin (a hormone). Not because of the Laws of Thermodynamics.

Read...

http://drhyman.com/blog/2014/04/10/calories-dont-matter/

LOL so you don't believe in basic math either…

more calories taken in then burned = weight gain ...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Dr. Hyman..lol

Yep. Any serious consideration has flown out the window. Now we just need Dr. Oz to be mentioned and we'll have a party for sure.

• TrailRunnermn
    Options

Funny! You are right though. Life is short and people should just be happy. However, it saddens me how people on here stress themselves by overeating 100 calories here and there thinking that is what is causing them to hold onto weight when it's more than likely something hormone related (raised cortisol from lack of sleep, stress, etc).
  • TrailRunnermn
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Hmm.

Book and quack diet salesman who doesn't even know that Newton didn't formulate the laws of Thermodynamics.

Alrighty.

Dr. Hyman gets real results and you are calling him out on something so minute. Now that's just sad.
  • TrailRunnermn
    Options

LOL so you don't believe in basic math either…

more calories taken in then burned = weight gain ...

Deflection. Nice ;)

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

I'm lost. I never mentioned anything about weight loss. I was talking about increased performance.

Speaking of that, shouldn't someone who eats 10,000 calories have more energy than someone who eats only 2500 calories according to the law of thermodynamics. Oh that's right, hormones cause the person that eats 10,000 calories to be lethargic and not as energetic.

I really don't care if someone thinks the way I do. I just want people to think.

You tie weight loss to wheat consumption right here:
    Oh well. Those who love their wheat but can't seem to shake the last 5-10 pounds and blame it on eating an extra 100 calories or something else can continue to eat it. I'll be kicking *kitten* in the gym, getting leaner, and outperforming my previous PRs like I'm on the juice without wheat (and dairy).

I'm not sure why you keep going on about thermodynamics and hormones. Olympic athletes have calorie intakes that can easily hit 10,000 calories, many of those calories coming from carbs, and are clearly not "lethargic and not as energetic" compared to someone who eats only 2500 calories.