how to eat 6,908 calories daily?

Options

Replies

• mustangurl
    mustangurl Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i just looked at her diary, and if it's not fake, she is obviously from a different country cause she has already logged her dinner (of course she could just be planning to have that). but looking at some of the things she has listed as eaten are completely random. she had a salad and a can of gravy for dinner. it seems like someone just went thru and picked out some things. if you are a real person i apologize but some of the things in the food diary doesn't seem typical of someone trying to lose weight.
  • goddessofmath
    goddessofmath Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Been lurking here. Her diary just changed big time today and the exercise changed as well. I think she's going back and fixing some things after reading what y'all are suggesting. Not sure though. I think she's having major issues with logging things correctly. Hopefully she can get some help on that or else trying MFP is going to hurt her instead of helping...
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 with crazy long legs and there is no way I could WALK at 5.0 mph. I'd be jogging for sure. I really think she is not understanding how to log.
    Or is mixing up miles and kilometers. According to multiple links from a quick google search the average walking speed is 5kph (roughly 3mph).

I used to walk the 2 and a quarter miles to work in 25 minutes but I was pushing it and it's not something I could have kept up for a long distance.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    Been lurking here. Her diary just changed big time today and the exercise changed as well. I think she's going back and fixing some things after reading what y'all are suggesting. Not sure though. I think she's having major issues with logging things correctly. Hopefully she can get some help on that or else trying MFP is going to hurt her instead of helping...

I just noticed that too. I think she must've beeen a bit confused on how to log things.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    hey goddess and mustang girl, you guys are right, shes from Europe...........I noticed on her margarine and Wiki'd it, its to Europeans, like Mazola is to us........She is using a Bercel spread, so I looked it up

Julie, were here to help you hun, just got confused in the translations..................

heres what it said

is a brand of margarine produced by Unilever and sold in a number of countries, including Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Sweden, and Turkey. In the United Kingdom, Ireland, Spain, Czech Republic, Australia and New Zealand the product is sold under the name Flora, and in the United States as Promise.
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    son possible vous calculez vos calories brûlées aux nombres trop élevés a cause du les traductions entre l'anglais et francais
  • Tzavush
    Tzavush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    She speaks French and I am doing my best to assist in translation.
    Anyone who has helpful information I would be happy to translate.
    Trying to send in IM's
    Thanks
  • 2littlebostons
    2littlebostons Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think the OP is from another country, & she's having issues with trying to log things.
    I don't think she's a troll at all.

To the OP; I added you as a friend, & if you need any help, feel free to message me. :)
  • angel_eyes17
    angel_eyes17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    hey goddess and mustang girl, you guys are right, shes from Europe...........I noticed on her margarine and Wiki'd it, its to Europeans, like Mazola is to us........She is using a Bercel spread, so I looked it up

Julie, were here to help you hun, just got confused in the translations..................

heres what it said

is a brand of margarine produced by Unilever and sold in a number of countries, including Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Sweden, and Turkey. In the United Kingdom, Ireland, Spain, Czech Republic, Australia and New Zealand the product is sold under the name Flora, and in the United States as Promise.

:laugh: You Wiki'd her margarine? That is awesome.
  • JulieTremblay
    Options
    Net Calories Consumed* / Day 2,050 Calories / Day
  • JulieTremblay
    Options
    i'm from rockland ontario canada and i buy my margarine becel
  • lnosgood
    lnosgood Posts: 92
    Options
    She speaks French and I am doing my best to assist in translation.
    Anyone who has helpful information I would be happy to translate.
    Trying to send in IM's
    Thanks

Thanks T you're awesome!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    its slow here at work, lol.........besides, I felt bad for teasing her, although,my intentions were sincere, just having fun is all.........I wish her the best and admire her work outs..........talk about Wonder Woman
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Julie,

Don't log exercise unless it's something you're doing specifically for fitness. Then only eat about 3/4 of the calories you burned.

On a 2000 calorie diet, I would break up your meals into 500 calorie chunks with three snacks of about 150 each. Examples would be:

Breakfast:

Hot cereal - 1.25 cups 140c
    Skim milk - 8 oz 90c
    Turkey bacon - 2 slices - 70c
    Hard boiled egg - 70c
    Fruit - banana? - 110c

Snack :

1 oz almonds - 160c

Midday:

Turkey or tuna on whole wheat bread - 2 oz and 2 slices - 300c
    Light mayo - 30c
    Lettuce/tomato/onion - 30c
    1 cup veggies - 50c
    Tea or other - 75c

Snack:

5 oz fat free greek yogurt - 120c

Dinner:

4 oz lean beef, chicken, baked ham - 200c
    1 cup cooked brown rice or whole grain pasta - 200c
    1 - 2 cup veggies - 50-100c

Snack:

Fruit with 1 tblsp whipped cream - 120c

This is just an example and estimated calories. There is a small cushion for sweeteners or oils to cook with. But you should stay full and fairly satisfied with this.
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Maybe she's logging the week's worth of exercise for one day?

If you look back through the exercise diary, there are only entries for one day. That would make much more sense...
  • REman
    REman Posts: 48 Member
    Options
  • JulieTremblay
    Options
    sorry i read the wrong thing Net Calories Consumed* / Day 2,050 Calories / Day
  • Clonekuh
    Clonekuh Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This is actually just a joke set up. I'll bite. HOW DO YOU EAT THAT MANY CALORIES?

/waits for it
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    look at the bodybuilding magazines they have meal plans, my husband has one for 5000 a day...good luck
  • elizamc
    elizamc Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 with crazy long legs and there is no way I could WALK at 5.0 mph. I'd be jogging for sure. I really think she is not understanding how to log.

You can walk that fast on a treadmil.....