Weirdest thing you have ever eaten!!

Options

Replies

• outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    balut.

Whoa...that's serious. I'll pass! Mine was turtle.
  • biddysaurus
    biddysaurus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Earwax, but it wasn't on purpose.

LOL!!! :P
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Groundhog! I don't want to talk about it. <G>
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    When I was in Australia in 2008 I ate a kangaroo steak medium rare. It was slightly gamey but VERY TASTY! I hopped all over my hotel room and kicked the **** out of the furniture after I was done...the locals consider 'roo to be just a step above vermin and would rather eat angus steak, but I had to eat it...where else in the world can you eat kangaroo???

Also, I have had alligator tail...I am not joking when I say it "tastes just like chicken" but has a different texture...
  • Awineburg
    Awineburg Posts: 196
    Options
    balut.

I had to Bing this, one word. EWWWWWWWWWWW!
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    i've had jackrabbit stew, squirrel, catfish i'd caught myself (stepdad fried it up for me). but those are all normal, country-style upbringing meals.

the weirdest thing i've ever eaten was a chicken panini with balsamic glaze, red roasted bell peppers, onions, a scoop of apple-walnut tuna salad, and two kinds of cheeses. i was working at Camille's at the time, and my manager told me that if i could make and eat something that would gross him out, he would add an hour to my clock time for the night, and i wouldn't have to pay for the food. it was a hot, gooey mess by the time i'd nuked it, grilled it, and baked it - but it immediately became my favorite meal. i ate one every week for like 6 months straight. and my manager added TWO hours to my clock for that night.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    balut.

I had to Bing this, one word. EWWWWWWWWWWW!

It's not that bad. Just don't look at it while you eat it...and wash it down with beer. Haha.
    It's actually okay... as long as you don't look at it and wash it down with some beer. Lol.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You guys have officially outdone me. Here in Wyoming though it's uncommon if you've eaten squid, sushi, mussels, etc.

Grossest thing to me was still a "traditional omelette" I had in France outside the Mont Saint-Michel. Not to turn you away, because it just wasn't cooked properly. They whipped the eggs wayy too much, so it was basically uncooked egg foam.

Not tasty.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Grossest thing to me was still a "traditional omelette" I had in France outside the Mont Saint-Michel. Not to turn you away, because it just wasn't cooked properly. They whipped the eggs wayy too much, so it was basically uncooked egg foam.

They also way undercook their bacon. At least at the place I had bacon.
  • SaraTonin
    Options
    Oops, thought of something way more gross! I was about 7 years old and opened up a new bag of Lucky Charms at my friend's house. On the top was a giant gray mass. I thought maybe it was a batch of marshmallows all gobbed into one.

It was likely part of a mouse. I still can't eat Lucky Charms without thinking about it, and it was by far the worst thing I've ever put in my mouth.

I should have sued...
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Jesus...

That was a reaction to the above post. I didn't eat Jesus...
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Cow tongue is good. I've thought about buying it, but I don't think my wife would approve (she doesn't like meat much as it is).
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Jelly Fish.
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    Oops, thought of something way more gross! I was about 7 years old and opened up a new bag of Lucky Charms at my friend's house. On the top was a giant gray mass. I thought maybe it was a batch of marshmallows all gobbed into one.

It was likely part of a mouse. I still can't eat Lucky Charms without thinking about it, and it was by far the worst thing I've ever put in my mouth.

I should have sued...

That reminds me of the time I bought some Bagel Dogs from Costco. I heated one up, took a bite and looked down. The hotdog and inside of the bagel was covered with mold.
  • rjsbailey
    rjsbailey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Rocky Mountain Oysters!! They're delicious. Where my relatives ranch is there is a bar that has them as their specialty. So wish you could find them where I am.

Rocky Mtn. Oysters too...
    these are the best as long as they are not under-fried! They are served everywhere here in the Rocky Mountains and a weakness of mine! lol
  • ashahl
    ashahl Posts: 81
    Options
    Banana and bean pizza! Another weird combination thing.
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    i ate a mayo and pb sandwhich yesterday
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    balut.

A balut is a fertilized duck (or chicken) egg with a nearly-developed embryo inside that is boiled alive and eaten in the shell. Popularly believed to be an aphrodisiac and considered a high-protein, hearty snack, balut are mostly sold by street vendors in the regions where they are available. It is commonly sold as streetfood in the Philippines.

Googled it. The pictures are gross. More power to you. I am a picky eater. Nothing weird.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Jesus...

. Lol I was about to freak out!
  • SaraTonin
    Options
    Jesus...

. Lol I was about to freak out!

^ Maybe she's Catholic? ;)

----