Replies

• sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    In, because I wasn't in before.
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    As far as other scams go, I suppose it's not a bad deal.

this!

I ordered the Chocolate shake to try it, see for myself. The taste is ok, but for the price, it's not worth it. I've tried protein powders for half the price and better than Shakeology. It's not bad, but not worth the price.
    The worst thing is the hassling the coaches will do to try and sell you more and more and more products, they try to get you hooked on an automatic monthly Shakeology buy.
    Sorry it's not worth it in my opinion.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Ok, so what is shakeology, is it like something you put into a shakeweight so you can eat after your workout is "complete?" Is it difficult to get in your mouth? Does it get all over? Should you swallow it or taste it first? is it a good idea to do it topless?

shakeweight.jpg
  • bzbs
    bzbs Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i love shakeology, and have been drinking it for almost a year now, I find it well worth the money, It not only has helped with my weight loss but I feel much better since I started drinking it. The dietician at the hospital I work at read the ingredients and said it was the healthiest meal replacement drink she has seen. I used to be considered diabetic, since losing some of my weight ( not to my goal yet) and shakeology has played a big part in this and is perfect with the low glycemic index.. I was excited at my last doc visit for him to say that he no longer considers me a diabetic.. so yes to me shakeology is well worth it.. it is so much more than a protein drink I used tro drink them and never had the results I have had with shakeology
  • Valerie2138
    Valerie2138 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It probably depends on your whole situation and whether or not you can pay for it. I drink the Chocolate Shakeology almost daily (not always). I find that it makes breakfast really simple. I just use a scoop of chocolate, some ice and some water. On days when I want something more decadent, I add half a banana and just a little peanutbutter and it's seriously yummy. For 160 calories up to 315 calories if I add the peanutbutter and half-banana, and for how EASY it makes the first meal of the day for me, it's worth it. Other protein shakes don't have all the other nutrients that Shakeology has, and most aren't meant to be complete meal replacements.

But if the money paid for Shakeology puts a strain on your budget, then I'm sure it would not be worth it and you could eat a balanced diet and whole foods and be fine. It just makes it something I don't have to think about. And if I can enroll others as beachbody coaches then it will start to pay for itself, although I have not because I don't push it on others. It's just something that I do for myself.
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I like Shakeology but it's too expensive to buy regularly. I do want to try the newer flavors (I used shakeology when there was only green berry and chocolate). When my current bag is gone, I don't think I'll buy any more. What are the highest quality shakes out there? I recently bought isopure on sale and love that it is zero carb. I don't know how it compares to others though. I'm a noob at protein powders/meal replacements.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    NO!
  • hcrowland
    hcrowland Posts: 1
    Options
    It isn't worth it. I think if you eat clean, then you don't need a shake. In addition, it only made me hungrier and messed with my allergies too much. I wasn't a fan of it. And $4/meal is insanely expensive! I can eat a huge salad for less than that! I can feed my family less than that per plate. Granted you actually have to make it yourself, but at least you know what you're putting in your meal.
  • rungel
    rungel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was using Monavie for several months with their juice every morning. That stuff worked great for me over this past summer.. I'm a runner/cycler .. I would mix a shake up using berries, kale etc. I had much less cramping and could keep up to faster friends easily.. I' 66 coming this summer.. We would stop on our 50-80 mile rides to eat and i would never feel that hungry. Even my chiropractor commented on my conditioning .. he told me it seemed i was putting on more muscle. Last two months I've been trying ShakeO chocolate with same benefits it seems ..It's expensive yes.. diet is the most important thing true.. i think these products do have a place.. if you can afford it keep that in mind
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    shake from beachbody?
    Is it worth the investment? & what makes it more superior/ inferior to other protein shakes?

No, save your money...
  • J72FIT
    Options
    CoachReddy wrote: »
    out of curiosity, why do you folks say it's not worth it? i drink shakeology every day and absolutely love it. it's $4/shake... how much is your startbucks frappuccino? Go to the gym and get a shake there, what's it run you? 4? 5? 6?

Glad you love it. It is a waste of money because it is an over-glorified protein powder which can be purchased for far less money.
  • MMulder68
    MMulder68 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My husband and I both lift heavy and are LOVE Optimum Nutrtition Gold Standard Whey. It tastes great and has low metal content.
  • J72FIT
    Options
    CoachReddy wrote: »
    and as with ANY supplement, it's more effective with prolonged and consistent use.

Spoken like a true beach body coach...