November Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• EmilyStopFlying
    EmilyStopFlying Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I just got back from a run that was the longest run I have ever done (7.24km, which is not huge but for me it is) AND the second fastest I have ever run (7:12 minutes a km, again not particularly fast but great for me). I have no idea what I'm doing right, but I hope I keep doing it :smiley:

exercise.png
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I just got back from a run that was the longest run I have ever done (7.24km, which is not huge but for me it is) AND the second fastest I have ever run (7:12 minutes a km, again not particularly fast but great for me). I have no idea what I'm doing right, but I hope I keep doing it :smiley:

exercise.png

It's a great feeling isn't it??
    I remember the buzz I got from my longest ever runs....each one made me more determined to keep going and push just a little bit harder next time!!
    You are doing fabulously!!!! :)

• KrissRodgers
    KrissRodgers Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm getting there! Just started running outside and I have to say "I love it". It's really different from running inside on the treadmill.

exercise.png

• yossale3
    yossale3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    1/11- 12km
    2/11-6.5km
    3/11-6.4km
    4/11- 5km
    5/11-4.5km
    6/11-rest
    7/11-7.5km

41.9/160km
    118.1km to go.

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    11/1 - 6.2 first 10K completed!
    11/2 - rest day
    11/3 - 6.72 miles
    11/4 - 7.68 miles
    11/5 - 6.53 miles
    11/6 - rest day
    11/7 - 6.3 miles - okay I'm going to whine about the 25 mph wind out of the North. But will say it was cool to see the sun coming up in the East while the moon was going down in the West.

Total: 33.43 miles out of 100

exercise.png

I was driving my daughter to school this morning and she said "Mom can you register me for the Bridge Street Half Marathon?". I was shocked she has never shown much interest in running a race over 10K. I'm so excited she wants to challenge herself like that.

• skippygirlsmom
    Options
    I'm getting there! Just started running outside and I have to say "I love it". It's really different from running inside on the treadmill.

Welcome to the outside - it's awesome, glad you are enjoying it!

That is awesome - congrats!!!

Ohhim wrote: »
    Training plan calls for a half marathon this weekend, but doing an olympic triathlon instead (just 6.2 running after 40k biking/1.5k swimming) that day, so trying to figure out if I should make up the gap later in the day, rest post-race, or do something different.

Wow - sounds like fun - though I doubt I could swim that far with a shark chasing me! Have a great time and let us know how you did.

End of week one and everyone is doing great! Braving the cold (and the heat!) and getting in those miles. Awesome :star:

• stmadoesboy
    stmadoesboy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    1/11 ill (manflu)
    2/11 ill (2nd day - obviously a serious dose of manflu)
    3/11 REST
    4/11 4.35
    5/11 4.25 (8.6)
    6/11 6.23 (14.83)
    7/11 REST

exercise.png
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    exercise.png
    11/01 = 6 miles
    11/02 = 0 miles, Sunda-funday with the family
    11/03 = 6.5 miles, evening outdoors run, which never happens! Just trying to change things up a little
    11/04 = 0 miles, strength training
    11/05 = 6.5 miles, outdoors
    11/06 = 0 miles, strength training
    11/07 = 7 miles, outdoors
  • InnerInsanity
    InnerInsanity Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been having a bad week so I'm way behind... grandfather in hospital and other fun stuff.
  • Minnygirl1
    Minnygirl1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    exercise.png

Got in 4.5 miles. Yippee!!! I felt great! I ran inside on my treadmill again (sorry peeps, not running in the freezing rain....nope, you can't make me). My dogs just lay there staring at me with thier puppy dog eyes. "Why don't you take us for a run....we love tripping you....and yanking you around to chase birds....it's soooo fun!!!). Poor things....an Unwalked dog, so sad!!!

• skippygirlsmom
    Options
    Minnygirl1 wrote: »
    "Why don't you take us for a run....we love tripping you....and yanking you around to chase birds....it's soooo fun!!!).  Poor things....an Unwalked dog, so sad!!!

Too funny! I'm with you on the cold rain, no thank you.

I've been having a bad week so I'm way behind... grandfather in hospital and other fun stuff.

Sorry to hear your grandfather isn't well, hope he's better soon.

• Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Training plan calls for a half marathon this weekend, but doing an olympic triathlon instead (just 6.2 running after 40k biking/1.5k swimming) that day, so trying to figure out if I should make up the gap later in the day, rest post-race, or do something different.

Adjusting training plans is complicated :)

What are you training for?

Breaking up your long run defeats the purpose of your long run, so making the difference up later won't mean as much. Depending how you feel the next day, you can try for the 13 miles the next day afterwards or just scrap it altogether and get back on track the following weekend.
  • jtarmom
    jtarmom Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    11/3 - 3 miles
    11/4 - 3.4 miles
    11/7 - 3.75 miles

exercise.png[\img]
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hi everyone...recently started running again, so I figured I would give this running challenge a try. I ran a little over 27 miles last month. I was convinced by a fellow runner that I needed to bump this month's goal up to 35. So we'll see what happens :-)

exercise.png

11/1 3.5 miles
    11/3 4.11 miles
    11/5 3.21 miles
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    great job everyone!! going to try to squeeze it in tonight...scary in the dark though, especially if i had my toddler to push!
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Stoshew71 wrote: »

Adjusting training plans is complicated :)

What are you training for?

Breaking up your long run defeats the purpose of your long run, so making the difference up later won't mean as much. Depending how you feel the next day, you can try for the 13 miles the next day afterwards or just scrap it altogether and get back on track the following weekend.
    What he said! You can run 7 miles twice in a day for a total of 14 miles, but it's nothing like the physical & mental demand of running 14 miles. Post race rest is also an important part of running.
  • BChanFit
    BChanFit Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    11/1: 8.32 miles
    11/4: 4.01 miles
    11/6: 5.34 miles
    11/7: 3.03 miles

exercise.png
  • fabnine
    Options
    I was driving my daughter to school this morning and she said "Mom can you register me for the Bridge Street Half Marathon?". I was shocked she has never shown much interest in running a race over 10K. I'm so excited she wants to challenge herself like that.
    I'm so exited for you! Will you run it with her?

• fabnine
    Options
    great job everyone!! going to try to squeeze it in tonight...scary in the dark though, especially if i had my toddler to push!
    I run before sunrise or after dark often. Of course I wear a reflective vest, but my Knuckle Lights are my favorite. They give off plenty of light & I can direct the beams better than a headlamp. Hope you can get out there to run!
  • fabnine
    edited November 2014
    Options
    _Date___ Miles____ Total
    Nov 1 ____16.3 _____ 16.3
    Nov 2 ____7.1 ______ 23.4
    Nov 3 ____6.2+8.1___ 37.7
    Nov 4 ____1 streak___ 38.7
    Nov 5 ____6.2+7.2___ 52.1
    Nov 6 ____1 streak___ 53.1
    Nov 7 ____5.1_______ 58.2