40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    My plan was to run yesterday but left my running shoes at home. Mistakenly of course. lol. Man, I always seem to forget something. One day it was my bra, often it is my socks. :dizzy_face:

Am coming down with something as I am chilled and tired. Just in time for the weekend. My g/f is coming up this weekend. We are going to make our video (a redo) for our Amazing Race Canada application. :smile: We are still trying to figure out what to call ourselves. May "the Grandmas"? I guess we have to be chosen first, before we have to worry about that. :laugh:

Carmel - congrats on winning the competition! Of course you won! You continue to bring it every. single. day!

Welcome newbies! :flowerforyou:
  • carlosjenno
    carlosjenno Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    47 going on 17 here. Run, cycle, lift weights, ride motorbikes. Lovely wife, we MFP together. Just found this group, what do we do, just shoot the breeze about what we do every day?
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Woo hoo, Friday has arrived!

As I'm writing this I am eating a piece of cake someone brought me. Definitely an unplanned treat, but soooo good. It's a iced pumpkin spice bundt cake infused with Irish Cream Liqueur. Will have to offset these calories elsewhere in my day.

Yay, they should be finishing up on the master bathroom today. Yesterday they installed the shower door (looks really good) and today they will set the new toilet in that bathroom and finish the detail work, and they also will be setting a new toilet in my bathroom. My bathroom isn't being redone, but apparently they have to put a low flow toilet in there. After today, all that is left is the inspector will come out on Monday and check everything over.

I was planning to go for a long walk at lunchtime today, but meetings are building up and I may not be able to get out. I may wind up going for a walk around the neighborhood later tonight. I enjoy walking at night. It's so peaceful out there under the stars. I'll be changing my tune when the really cold weather sets in of course.

Welcome to all my fellow newbies.

Meetings call so I'd better close. Have a great weekend everyone!

• JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Trained hard this week and going to Disneyland as a surprise to my 9 yo daughter. Will train down there if given the chance
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Good morning (barely) Cool Kids!
    This morning was super busy. B had a post-op check with the Ortho. Up to 6 more weeks of disability, but no restrictions. He's weight-bearing and can drive now, so that's great. He can also vacuum, do laundry, etc., so that's been pretty great for me! ...

Gosh, now it's the next day!!! Happy Friday. Got sucked into a work void and just got back.

I'd better reset and read the new posts. ... be right back ;)
  • goodforeyou
    goodforeyou Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi all. 44 year old wife and mom of a 5 year old. After spending my 20's and early 30's very overweight, I lost well over 100 lbs after weight loss surgery 11 years ago. However, here I am... far healthier but still working at it. My goal is to weigh less than my husband lol and to be a positive role model of great nutrition and fitness to our son.
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Just found this group, what do we do, just shoot the breeze about what we do every day?

That is pretty much it. Welcome aboard,

Larro

• larrodarro
    Options

Are you saying we are barely cool? I don't doubt it, but you didn't have to come right out and say it :\

Larro

• Curiousgeorgianna
    Options
    Hi again... I'm almost caught up!

I see that Beeps is getting in some fantastic long walks, Alf is being tortured by sweets, Caramel is on Day 4 (I guess 5 now) of her challenge. D'smother joined (welcome!), Kate is down to 166 Woot Woot!!, Sdereski is in the groove of her reset diet -- good plan with the12321. Hi Nick. KS, hang in there! So much going on. We're here for you. Roby, way to keep moving. Larro...the way you described the wasp story made me chuckle, but it didn't sound like any fun at all! Sorry it left you with a tricksy back.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Good Afternoon Kids.

I see we are getting bigger all the time. Welcome to all the new guys.

And Hello to everyone else.

I did my full cardio this morning, including the dreaded AbRocker. But I only got in one mile of walking when I got to work. The phone rang, then customers came in and I just haven't got back to it yet. I did a long soak in the tub last night with hot, hot water and all the jets going. I think it helped my back. For the first time since we upgraded to the Hopper, I used Dish Anywhere to watch a football game in the tub. It would be nice to have a bigger laptop, but all in all, I can't complain. After all, I was in the tub watching football.

I just went for a slow stroll out on the grounds and took a few pictures of some of the trees. The big oaks out front are kind of the trademark of the Civic Center. Also one of the cypress trees changing colors.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Larro

10384115_840369436008181_3184942590364948476_n.jpg?oh=ef47563ca5848f5a80b73d9850272846&oe=54D6D329

1374996_840370472674744_4292300198224675247_n.jpg?oh=e9c59f1fce637968cf29805d2216d862&oe=54E51F98&__gda__=1424014757_ed24493b0733e87f52b8385895e6ecda

10417752_840368276008297_238415487153316108_n.jpg?oh=d75907bc36fbbe295429666c8d79ba1a&oe=54E66B01
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Options
    larrodarro wrote: »

Are you saying we are barely cool? I don't doubt it, but you didn't have to come right out and say it :\

Larro

Haha! I meant it was barely morning! Y'all are WAY cool. :laugh:

So much going on!!

Ruby, my little brother had a palette expander. They didn't do that when I got braces, and I kinda wish they did. I think my bite (and smile) would be much better now.

Caramel, congratulations! Of course you won! So, what did you get? So exciting!

Alf, don't you FALL for it! Invoke your super powers! You can do it!

Kate, you sound like a lifting queen. That's quite a series!

KS, way to go holding that line. Good luck on your upcoming 5K. When I was a runner, and it got very cold, I remember that the cold air hurt my chest a little, but as long as my ears and fingers were warm, I was good to go.

Sdereski, I so get you about forgetting stuff. I do it all the time. Also with the bra, the underwear, socks, food, etc. Moving stuff in and out of my bike panniers always results in something lost.

Carlosjenno, yep. That's the plan. And I'm excited to have another motorbike fan in the thread!

Mygnsac, *sigh* cake. What's a girl to do against such odds? Go for that walk this eve, You'll be glad you did.

Jeff, have a blast in Disneyland.

Goodforeyou, well, I guess that pretty much says it! ;) Never give up.

Welcome all of you newbies. Stick around!

Guess What?!?! I'm getting another motorcycle! :D So excited. B & my housemate are testing it out right now, and if it's good, they'll bring it home for me. It's a BMW F650 GS -- a bunch of letters and numbers that mean it can go on the highway and the dirt roads. Is much more powerful than the bike I have now, but not super big or super heavy. It's yellow. I'm totally stoked.

Tomorrow our kayak club will paddle around Humboldt Bay and enjoy the super high tide.

Happiest of Fridays to everyone. Enjoy the weekend. What are your plans?
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    OMG! I cannot keep up with all the posts!!! C'mon now!!! I do love all the posts though.

Larro, I thought the same thing at first when I read Curious post. LOL Barely cool??? haha I love the pictures!!

Caramel, congrats on your team winning!!!! Yeah!!!

Jeff, have fun at Disneyland!!!

Sdereski, have fun filming the video! Hopefully we get a sneak preview.

mygn, that cake sounds soo good, oh wait, NO SWEETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of sweets, today was not a better day. Curious, I have lost my super powers!!!! And my birthday is next week. I shouldnt treat myself to cake, I've had plenty of sweets lately. Tomorrow morning we are participating in the city's Veteran's Day Parade with my work. It should be fun. It is great because my daughter and husband agreed to participate with me and they are both veterans. And so do I. :smiley:

Good night!!
  • svetlana1974
    svetlana1974 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am totally new to everything here but its great to participate. I have 50 pounds to lose and I am 40 years old.To be honest I have been trying since last February,obviously nothing has worked until now. I finally decided its time to count all these calories and become responsible for the way I am eating. Last summer I run 5 days a week about 5 km,drank fruit/veggie smoothie every morning,had lots and lots of water,but the food I had throughout the day was just too much and I never noticed. Deep down I was really disappointed by no real visible result with all my efforts.Then I went on one of the diets where you are able to eat lots of food during the morning time and lots of meat also. I thought that was good for me as I liked to feel full but soon I noticed it was not giving me the results I need. So I just quit that diet and started this one. I am eating good foods lots and lots of vegetables,proteins,fruit a little bit to start with. I feel good and have lots of energy. I started working out at home about 50 minutes every day,fast walking and I feel great.I also have not had any sugar for about month now except in piece of fruit I have in a day.I really want with all my being to stay where I am right now and I hope with all you supporters out there I will not be alone! :)
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Svetlana, welcome and good luck achieving your goals!

Well, the construction is done! When I got home from work they were still at it, but they finally finished around 6pm. My spoiled indoor dog was kept outside today for nearly 10 hours, and he sure let me know about it when I got home! Here's a pic of the new shower. The only thing left to do is pick out another shower head. This one is just temporary.

s03zvm1qan1y.jpg

Here's a pic of the yummy pumpkin cake I had earlier today. That will be my dessert of the week. I usually allow myself something decadent a couple times each month.

956ibzk8wqw7.jpg
  • carlosjenno
    carlosjenno Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Cool forum. At work now, but was out for a run at 0545 this morning so I could get to the gym at lunchtime and do my shoulders. I think I'm completely obsessed at the moment.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    I am not even going to try to post to you all individually!

So, hello to all. Thank you for the photos....it is all i can do to look at them!

No exercise today. At a volleyball tournament with my son.

Have a great day, all.
  • larrodarro
    Options
    Good Morning Cool Kids.

It's a not so good one for me. Somehow I hurt my hip last night between getting in the car leaving work and getting out of the car at the house. I had a really painful night without a lot of sleep. I couldn't do any of my normal cardio at home, but with the help of an Icy Hot patch and a belly full of aspirin, I was able to walk two miles at 2mph when I got to work. It didn't hurt too bad while I was walking, but after sitting for a while I play hell trying to stand up. Getting old is a *kitten*.

But I'll be fine. I have a long day of watching football and racing in front of me. And this is the one time I'm glad I don't have the setup/cleanup for today's wedding reception. Those tables and chairs might just be more than I could handle today.

Svetlana, welcome. Congratulation on the start of you lifestyle change. It sounds like you are off to a good start. A good food scale is an important tool in this job. Weighing or measuring everything is a good habit to get in.

Carlos, on the weekends I get up an hour early to get in my cardio before work. I can relate to obsession.

Moya, TIJordan, Baltar & Chgodvr, Welcome to the forum. Take your shoes off and stay a while.

Hope everyone is having a good day,

Larro
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Hey Kid's!
    Larro- I know what you mean about getting old. I went to the chiropractor on election day. My neck feels like I have a mild case of whip lash ( no idea how I've done it other than struggling with my 40 pound 3 yr. old ) very annoying. Can't turn my head very far to the left which is not too bad except when driving.
    Not much to report otherwise. Stayed home yesterday and cleaned. Yes I counted part of it as exercise. I don't normally scrub floors on my hands and knees. I can't believe I used to do that for a living * was good money though. Vacuuming kills my back ( though I did move furniture to do it).
    Hello and welcome newbies! Welcome to the hotel MFP were your always welcome but can never leave. LOL
    I got to go get motivated.
  • jneesy
    jneesy Posts: 6 Member
    Options

jneesy, good for you! Judging by your picture (new baby?) you have a lot to be healthy for! Have you seen the movie "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead"? You may find it inspiring - there's a fellow truck driver. Stick with it, and with us!
    -
    LOL mot my baby but my grandson (2nd on the way) and i have watched that documentary very educational

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I wanna join this group! My goals are simple....to lose weight and stay healthy...had a great 3 mile run today.