Are You Insane???

Options

Replies

• road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Jatie--wastey faced...hi-larious! I love your honesty moment too.

Ok, finished Insanity Recovery Week. Whew! Woulda lost 3lbs this wk but went to Mexican Restaurant last night. Dagblastit.

I'm 1lb away from losing 30lbs and I swear its not coming off fast enough! LOL

Anywho--hope everyone is having a great, insane week.
  • lpadilla75
    lpadilla75 Posts: 154
    Options
    So hard to stay focus and eat healthy at a Mexican Restaurant ....there is always a bowl of chips and salsa singing your name.

I finished my first week...Monday starts Week 2. I'm excited and nervous.
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    My honesty moment for the day is DON'T TRY TO TALK WHILE DOING INSANITY. It doesn't work. At all.

I should have known-I mean damn, I can barely breathe while doing it as it is-but today I made the mistake of trying to talk. My dad is in town visiting me and was watching me do insanity before I took him to the Hoover Dam. In one way I was excited because he kept complimenting my dedication to working out. I mean it IS dedication, and like today-I was HUNGOVER and got up early to finish Insanity before we went to tour the dam and what not. But last night I drank about 5 beers and was wastey faced, and got up feeling horrible, and did insanity. So I felt good with the compliments, but then I am trying to tell him like "Oh this is only the warm up, just wait for the real part," and he starts asking questions. Within 20 more seconds I just was out of breathe and speaking one word at a time. :)

He started laughing and said "ok, no more talking for you, just more breathing...I'll leave you alone now."

And it was only the warm up yet I was dying. The warm up in power and resistance kicks my *kitten* every time! All the jumping, geeez.

This is exactly why I am attempting to have shirts printed up that say My Warm Up Is > Than Your Workout! with the Insanity logo underneath it. (Just waiting for compliance approval) Keep up the good work!! Impressive doing the work out while hungover!
  • JatieKo621
    JatieKo621 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    My honesty moment for the day is DON'T TRY TO TALK WHILE DOING INSANITY. It doesn't work. At all.

I should have known-I mean damn, I can barely breathe while doing it as it is-but today I made the mistake of trying to talk. My dad is in town visiting me and was watching me do insanity before I took him to the Hoover Dam. In one way I was excited because he kept complimenting my dedication to working out. I mean it IS dedication, and like today-I was HUNGOVER and got up early to finish Insanity before we went to tour the dam and what not. But last night I drank about 5 beers and was wastey faced, and got up feeling horrible, and did insanity. So I felt good with the compliments, but then I am trying to tell him like "Oh this is only the warm up, just wait for the real part," and he starts asking questions. Within 20 more seconds I just was out of breathe and speaking one word at a time. :)

He started laughing and said "ok, no more talking for you, just more breathing...I'll leave you alone now."

And it was only the warm up yet I was dying. The warm up in power and resistance kicks my *kitten* every time! All the jumping, geeez.

This is exactly why I am attempting to have shirts printed up that say My Warm Up Is > Than Your Workout! with the Insanity logo underneath it. (Just waiting for compliance approval) Keep up the good work!! Impressive doing the work out while hungover!

LOL! I would definitely buy that shirt!!! Let me know if you get it approved. :)

And thanks! I knew I would be mad if I didn't do it, and I knew I would feel 10 times better after I worked out. Thats the problem-if I am hungover, I know that if I sweat it out I feel a LOT better, but getting through a workout like Insanity when you are hungover = no fun.
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Here is what they would look like. It's a performance T, so they would be around $25.00, but I am also looking at just doing a regular T for around $12.95.

http://www.customink.com/designs/insanity3/muk0-000j-6a4c/share/?pc=EMAIL-40778&cm_mmc=share-_-emailb-_-button-_-end
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    Here is what they would look like. It's a performance T, so they would be around $25.00, but I am also looking at just doing a regular T for around $12.95.

http://www.customink.com/designs/insanity3/muk0-000j-6a4c/share/?pc=EMAIL-40778&cm_mmc=share-_-emailb-_-button-_-end

I'd definitely buy one! Especially since I can't get the regular insanity shirt since I bought mine used :-\

Soo, week 3 is done! One more week left in month 1 :) Although I'm not sure how happy I am about this seeing as it means I'm that much closer to month 2 which is gonna kill me lol.
  • MadisonsMom2009
    MadisonsMom2009 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!!

I have read through all the posts and sounds like you are all having such success!!! I have 1 more day until I finish week 3 of round 1 ....I am LOVING my results so far too....As of last monday I have lost 4 pounds (monday is next weigh in) and I haven`t done my inches yet at the end of 4 weeks I was going to, but I can tell you I have definitely lost some inches!

Level 1 drills KILL me...I love them ...LOL

Hope its ok if I report in here and keep motivated with all of you!!!
  • Skolls081102
    Skolls081102 Posts: 184
    Options
    Ok, so for those of you not on my friends list, a little explanation....this upcoming week is going to be alittle messed up for me. My biggest problem: I am working Friday from 9 am till Saturday at 1 am (working both jobs back to back). So I needed to take Friday off. So I figured I would tweak the Insanity schedult to fit mine :grumble:

So instead of doing Day 6 of Recovery Week, I instead did my Fit Test tonight. I will do Mondays Workout tomorrow, and procede through Thursday. Friday will be a rest day, and I will finish Week 6 as normal on Saturday, putting me back on track to finish out like normal (providing nothing else meeses it up :laugh: ). So anyways....here are my Day 36 (actually Day 34) Fit Test results and new measurements- % increase is from day 1 to current day)

Fitness Test Results
    Day 1
    Day 15
    Day 34
    Switch Kicks: 57
    64(+7 reps +12%)
    66 (+9 reps +16%)
    Power Jacks: 39
    52 (+13 reps 33%)
    56 (+17 reps +44%)
    Power knees: 60
    83 (+23 reps 38%)
    97 (+37 reps +62%)
    Power Jumps: 21
    27 (+6 reps 29%)
    28 (+7 rep +33%)
    Globe Jumps: 7
    8 (+1 rep 14%)
    10 (+3 reps +43%)
    Suicide Jumps: 12
    15 (+3 reps 25%)
    17 (+5 reps +42%)
    Push-Up Jacks: 16
    20 (+4 reps 25%)
    25 (+9 reps +56%)
    Low Plank Oblique: 30---41 (+11 reps 37%)
    50 (+20 reps +67%)

I am pretty happy with my numbers. Once again, I improved in all categories, so I'll take it!!! Ok, so now my new measurements- all changes listed are from Day 1 to current).

3/29/11
    4/11/11
    Weight: 249.9 lbs
    242.7 lbs (4/8 -7.2 lbs)
    235.3 (4/29 -14.6)
    Neck: 17.5"
    17" (-.5")
    No change
    Chest: 48"
    46" (-2")
    45" (-3")
    Bicep: 14"
    14.5" (+.5")
    14"
    Waist: 40"
    39" (-1")
    37.75 (-2.25")
    Hip: 42"
    No change
    40.5" (-1.5")
    Leg: 25.5"
    No change
    25" (-.5")

So tomorrow is technically Day 1 of Week 6. I watched a little of it, and turned it off, ran to my bed, and hid under the covers!!!!:noway: Can't wait to see everyones numbers on Monday!!! Have a great weekend!!!:drinker:
  • sunflowerlala
    sunflowerlala Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone-

Had fun reading your posts and thought I would join in. I have just finished week 2 of Insanity and am ready for a day off! I am liking it, but man does it work me over. I am finally able to do the warm-up without dying.Gotta say that Shaum T is a nice change after 90 days of Tony Horton

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]2765171.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Great Job Skolls! That's def kick *kitten*.

Jatie--I want a shirt that says "wastey faced" on it. :drinker: hahahahahahaha

Hi to all the newcomers. I'm glad you guys are jumping on board.

Ok so today is my rest day and I have got to tell you....I am so nervous about tomorrow it's giving me gas. :sick: TMI, I know, but why lie about it? Do you guys realize that the first day of week 6 is 90 minutes long???? The 30min FT and THEN the workout of 60min. WTF was I thinking when I decided to do this crap?! :grumble:

It's good. It's good. It'll be fine. It'll be harsh at first but by the end of the week it will be fine....right? :huh:
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

Fitness Test Results
    Day 1
    Day 15
    Day 34
    Switch Kicks: 57
    64(+7 reps +12%)
    66 (+9 reps +16%)
    Power Jacks: 39
    52 (+13 reps 33%)
    56 (+17 reps +44%)
    Power knees: 60
    83 (+23 reps 38%)
    97 (+37 reps +62%)
    Power Jumps: 21
    27 (+6 reps 29%)
    28 (+7 rep +33%)
    Globe Jumps: 7
    8 (+1 rep 14%)
    10 (+3 reps +43%)
    Suicide Jumps: 12
    15 (+3 reps 25%)
    17 (+5 reps +42%)
    Push-Up Jacks: 16
    20 (+4 reps 25%)
    25 (+9 reps +56%)
    Low Plank Oblique: 30---41 (+11 reps 37%)
    50 (+20 reps +67%)

I am pretty happy with my numbers. Once again, I improved in all categories, so I'll take it!!! Ok, so now my new measurements- all changes listed are from Day 1 to current).

3/29/11
    4/11/11
    Weight: 249.9 lbs
    242.7 lbs (4/8 -7.2 lbs)
    235.3 (4/29 -14.6)
    Neck: 17.5"
    17" (-.5")
    No change
    Chest: 48"
    46" (-2")
    45" (-3")
    Bicep: 14"
    14.5" (+.5")
    14"
    Waist: 40"
    39" (-1")
    37.75 (-2.25")
    Hip: 42"
    No change
    40.5" (-1.5")
    Leg: 25.5"
    No change
    25" (-.5")

So tomorrow is technically Day 1 of Week 6. I watched a little of it, and turned it off, ran to my bed, and hid under the covers!!!!:noway: Can't wait to see everyones numbers on Monday!!! Have a great weekend!!!:drinker:

Those numbers are incredible!!!! WTG!
    Doing my first fitness test tonite, just hope I can complete it!!!
  • lizette0727
    Options
    HELLO EVERYONE!

So I'm very glad I finally found a tread or just other people who are beginning the Insanity journey... I have struggled with Insanity for the past month and a half...I start one week and just stop...This is going to be my third time starting up Insanity BUT I plan on fully going through with it...I NEED THIS CHANGE!

I find it so motivating that so many of you have stuck with this program...it really is inspirational and motivating for the rest of us, because it is RIDICULOUSLY tough!!

Well TODAY is going to be my first day and just looking for a "support" and motivation group to help me through!
    Wish me goodluck! :D
  • Stooooo
    Options
    Honesty moment: Even though I have completed 1 round of Insanity already, I am still nervous to start again tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it.
  • JatieKo621
    Options

Ok so today is my rest day and I have got to tell you....I am so nervous about tomorrow it's giving me gas. :sick: TMI, I know, but why lie about it? Do you guys realize that the first day of week 6 is 90 minutes long???? The 30min FT and THEN the workout of 60min. WTF was I thinking when I decided to do this crap?! :grumble:

It's good. It's good. It'll be fine. It'll be harsh at first but by the end of the week it will be fine....right? :huh:

Hahhahahaha ok when Stooo makes his Insanity shirts I'll just have him make a couple "wastey faced" ones. Man but i WAS wastey faced! It means VERY drunk. :)

And yeah, even though I've DONE month two-I AM STILL SCARED.

Stoo-I feel ya on that, I mean I've completed up to day 50-something and then moved so I didn't go all 60 days-but I got to the max part and had done every one of those workouts. THEY ARE SO TOUGH!

SO- to everyone who is about to start month 2-GOOD LUCK! Keep pushing, "digging deeper," you know, all the stuff Shaun T tells ya. :) I thought that I was going to kick month 2's *kitten* because of how good of shape I was in last time I did INSANITY, and I remember the first day just lying on the floor practically crying. Ok, I wasn't crying but I was definitely suffering. I tell you, month one is not where you even see the results. (And you can see results in month one) But when I did INSANITY before, I found that month one is just getting your body ABLE to do month two. Not able to do it well-just able to do the workouts without dying. But after a few weeks on month two-my body started just getting completely defined. I loved it, which it why I am doing this INSANE workout again! :)

.......im not trying to scare anyone, I just am scared myself! I am on week 4 myself and only have 3 more workouts before starting recovery week...and I watched like 20 min of max interval circuit and was tired just from watching! I FORGOT how intense this gets. AHH and I just started getting to where I was really kicking *kitten* at month one. Like I did "Pure Cardio" the other day and just rocked it and felt so good, and now I look at the videos coming up and I realize my small achievement looks like nothing when compared to MAX.

"Sometimes I ask myself why I'm a fitness professional......cause I wanna look gooooooooooood."-Shaun T

Ok sorry if im scaring anyone. It is intense, but the workout is called "Insanity" for a reason. The good news is that when you get through all of this crazy, sweat dripping, screaming-at-the-tv-and-cursing-Tonya's-smile, ridiculously intense program, you feel SO great about yourself and how you look AND feel. :) Keep it up everybody!
  • sigsone
    sigsone Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Finish week 1 of insanity Saturday and today's my rest day....... on to week 2 Monday, Yahoooooo!!
  • JatieKo621
    Options
    Um ok and sorry for the NOVEL i just wrote! JEEZ.:happy:
  • gunnarpalm
    gunnarpalm Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Insanity was great...just did first day of aylum and it's even crazier... good luck and have fun..Insanity was great!
  • Skolls081102
    Skolls081102 Posts: 184
    Options
    Ummm.........wow!!!!! Max Cardio Circuit........yeah.......HOLY ****!!!!!!! (sorry for the language). It was so....painful....yet....satisfying!!! I can't believe it!!! It was extremely hard (not trying to scare anyone). Definitley a step up from Month 1. But it was awesome!!! Scared of tomorrow, but still looking forward to it!!! Good luck to all my peepes starting Month 2 tomorrow.

Stooooo- good luck with round 2!!!!! Awesome work everyone! Keep it up!!!
  • Stooooo
    Options

Hahhahahaha ok when Stooo makes his Insanity shirts I'll just have him make a couple "wastey faced" ones. Man but i WAS wastey faced! It means VERY drunk. :)

And yeah, even though I've DONE month two-I AM STILL SCARED.

Stoo-I feel ya on that, I mean I've completed up to day 50-something and then moved so I didn't go all 60 days-but I got to the max part and had done every one of those workouts. THEY ARE SO TOUGH!

SO- to everyone who is about to start month 2-GOOD LUCK! Keep pushing, "digging deeper," you know, all the stuff Shaun T tells ya. :) I thought that I was going to kick month 2's *kitten* because of how good of shape I was in last time I did INSANITY, and I remember the first day just lying on the floor practically crying. Ok, I wasn't crying but I was definitely suffering. I tell you, month one is not where you even see the results. (And you can see results in month one) But when I did INSANITY before, I found that month one is just getting your body ABLE to do month two. Not able to do it well-just able to do the workouts without dying. But after a few weeks on month two-my body started just getting completely defined. I loved it, which it why I am doing this INSANE workout again! :)

.......im not trying to scare anyone, I just am scared myself! I am on week 4 myself and only have 3 more workouts before starting recovery week...and I watched like 20 min of max interval circuit and was tired just from watching! I FORGOT how intense this gets. AHH and I just started getting to where I was really kicking *kitten* at month one. Like I did "Pure Cardio" the other day and just rocked it and felt so good, and now I look at the videos coming up and I realize my small achievement looks like nothing when compared to MAX.

"Sometimes I ask myself why I'm a fitness professional......cause I wanna look gooooooooooood."-Shaun T

Ok sorry if im scaring anyone. It is intense, but the workout is called "Insanity" for a reason. The good news is that when you get through all of this crazy, sweat dripping, screaming-at-the-tv-and-cursing-Tonya's-smile, ridiculously intense program, you feel SO great about yourself and how you look AND feel. :) Keep it up everybody!

Don't you just love when people get it???? :happy:
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Ok, fit test day one: complete!

Switch kick: 58
    Power jacks: 60
    P knees: 106
    P jumps: 40
    Globe jumps: 14
    Suicidee jumps: 16
    Pushup jacks: 32