If eating trash makes us sick, why do we keep eating it?

Options

Replies

• rachsoderberg
    rachsoderberg Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I broke the cycle when I quit purchasing it. Simple as that! Can't eat junk if it isn't in the house.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's almost like some of the responders aren't even skimming the thread at this point.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    How the hell are we losing to Buffalo already....???

Oh well, there's always the Gophers tomorrow.

That's all I've really got to offer anymore.

Edit: Never mind
    Gophers? What kind of team is that? Buffalo is football right?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

It's hockey season up here.

Gophers...as in the #1 ranked college hockey team in the NCAA. Ya, I know no ones else cares... :(
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    I broke the cycle when I quit purchasing it. Simple as that! Can't eat junk if it isn't in the house.

^this. I said something similar in the beginning of the thread.

• MyChocolateDiet
    Options

Gophers...as in the #1 ranked college hockey team in the NCAA. Ya, I know no ones else cares... :(
    oh hockey. that's like soccer with sticks and skates right?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »

No it is not

Thanks I've only played soccer and they look similar with the goals and the way the ice is drawn. So do they not have offsides or positions in hockey? Are there lots of differences game wise?

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

No it is not

Thanks I've only played soccer and they look similar with the goals and the way the ice is drawn. So do they not have offsides or positions in hockey? Are there lots of differences game wise?

I played both and the only thing that is the same is they are both play with 2 goals.
  • Tim_Simons
    Tim_Simons Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Well, these foods are designed to make you overeat. Keep in mind that, processed foods are low in nutrients,typically low in Fiber, and often high in Trans Fats and processed vegetable oils. Synthetic trans fats are known to promote inflammation, which is a hallmark of most chronic and/or serious diseases. As much as possible: Eat Real Food.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options

No it is not

I played both and the only thing that is the same is they are both play with 2 goals.
    I was bad enough at soccer that I would never attempt hockey. The only thing the girls on my team would let me do was knock the opposing team's forwards out of bounds if they brought the ball near me. I was left defense.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Tim_Simons wrote: »
    Well, these foods are designed to make you overeat. Keep in mind that, processed foods are low in nutrients,typically low in Fiber, and often high in Trans Fats and processed vegetable oils. Synthetic trans fats are known to promote inflammation, which is a hallmark of most chronic and/or serious diseases. As much as possible: Eat Real Food.

What foods are high in artificial trans fats?. I keep hearing this but really do not see many foods that have more than a trace in them nowadays.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Husband loves college hockey, roots for UND. My 3 year old is in learn to play, nothing funnier than watching 3 year olds in full pads try to skate and get up when they fall down....
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    gmallan wrote: »
    because youre not supposed to eat a pile at a time, a piece or two a day. It is not the candies fault, it is your fault. Get your mind in line and the body will follow.

Well candies/junk food are specifically designed and marketed to make you want to eat and buy more so I think they can be blamed a little bit. There is a lot of money spent on research and development by companies to investigate way to make their products more morish.

I'm not trying to negate personal responsibilty completely but it's helpful to be aware of the above point. In the end you need to figure out what works for you. It might be avoiding certain foods completely, only buying single serve packages, only eating them in the presence of others, keeping them out of the house, freezing them, dividing them up into single servings yourself, teaching yourself to eat them mindfully or any number of strategies.

That's what sodakat said. Like on one of the first few pages. Something similar.

I'll admit that I didn't actually read all of the comments
  • ryanwood935
    ryanwood935 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    because youre not supposed to eat a pile at a time, a piece or two a day. It is not the candies fault, it is your fault. Get your mind in line and the body will follow.

Well candies/junk food are specifically designed and marketed to make you want to eat and buy more so I think they can be blamed a little bit. There is a lot of money spent on research and development by companies to investigate way to make their products more morish.

I'm not trying to negate personal responsibilty completely but it's helpful to be aware of the above point. In the end you need to figure out what works for you. It might be avoiding certain foods completely, only buying single serve packages, only eating them in the presence of others, keeping them out of the house, freezing them, dividing them up into single servings yourself, teaching yourself to eat them mindfully or any number of strategies.

That's what sodakat said. Like on one of the first few pages. Something similar.

KFC is more delicious than any other chicken, and laced with toxins such as baking soda. We are all going to deteriorate at age 30 if we eat junk food, something about an angry panda, sugar is more addicting than cocaine, and I believe there was reference to a billy goat as well.

All caught up :)
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options

KFC is more delicious than any other chicken, and laced with toxins such as baking soda. We are all going to deteriorate at age 30 if we eat junk food, something about an angry panda, sugar is more addicting than cocaine, and I believe there was reference to a billy goat as well.

All caught up :)
    Also something about ingredients you can't pronounce being dangerous. Lucky for me my major forced me to take organic chemistry for years so I get to eat anything I want!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Tim_Simons wrote: »

Why are you spreading lies about my (processed) oatmeal and baby-cut carrots?

It is hard to quit the baby carrots, though, true.

• RHachicho
    RHachicho Posts: 1,115 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Unhealthy tasty food was the only joy in my life for a while. True it became a crutch but that wasn't really the food's fault. Fact is it made life bearable. So here you have it a life made longer and richer by fast food. And eventually I pulled myself outta that pit. And I owe i all to the tasty tasty food that made it worth putting up with one more sh*tty day.

I made the decision to eat the food and when the time came I made the decision to lose the weight. No matter what path you take you suffer. No matter how you live it marks you. Even people who are awesomely healthy and muscular in youth often suffer from crippling arthritis in later years cos they simply wear their joints out. I'm not advocating anything save for taking responsibility for your decisions.

I am much healthier now but I will probably always be a little chubby. This bothers me not one jot. Cake is awesome and middle fingers to anyone who says I can't have some. Doesn't mean I can't otherwise be strong and healthy. That's something I learned recently. And now I own myself. My mistakes and my victories belong to me and no one else.

You wouldn't think of accrediting an outside source for your fitness so why is it justifiable to accredit an outside source for your fatness? Blaming others for your mistakes is an inherently childish and immature act. Unless you where strapped to a bench and force fed you only have yourself to blame for everything.

• MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I think that comic sans just gave me a seizure.

lol ditto
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    I feel stupider having read this thread

lol ditto