Kylandme Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    No I dont but he said soups with water will make the thyroid stop working
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Kylandme wrote: »

I'm not joking in the slightest about what I'm about to say: Just assume that almost EVERYTHING he told you about nutrition is completely wrong.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options

trust-me_-i_m-a-doctor.jpg
  • Kylandme
    Options
    Damn need to make a plan myself then
  • court_alacarte
    court_alacarte Posts: 219 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    how the hell can soup make your thyroid stop working? all soup is is exactly what your "nutritionist" is making you eat, except in water.... how does water--something we NEED--hurt you?

btw, google "soup makes your thyroid stop working" and you'll find N-O-T-H-I-N-G that supports this. in fact, you'll get soup recipes for people with thyroid diseases...
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    Yes, you do. It's called "tracking calories and eating at a deficit," which is... basically the purpose of this website.

Do people seriously sign up for an account here and NOT realize that it's a calorie tracking website? Like what do people think the purpose of logging food and tracking calories is for, if they decide that they need to actually use some inane diet plan that they will ditch in 3 weeks?
  • Kylandme
    Options
    Ur right. I guess I was an idiot for falling for this. I feel daft. I appreciate all your honest inputs
  • bloodlett
    bloodlett Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    fruit only 3 times a week lol i eat fruit every morning although i have made the switch to almond milk flee free to look over my diary just keep in mind what works for me most likely wont work for you or maybe it will go to youtube and play this song listen to the lyrics Jonathan Edwards - Sunshine
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    that dr is an IDIOT. my daughter doesnt eat soup and she has a thyroid issue. its not caused from eating certain things.I would definitely seek someone else out that knows what they are talking about and not pull a rabbit out his *kitten* so to speak. the calcium in dairy has been proven to help burn fat and lose weight.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Look at it this way. Don't deprive yourself of anything or create a huge list of forbidden foods. Learn to measure and track your food. Stick within the recommended calorie limits. You will lose weight.
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Soup kills your thyroid? No dairy? Not enough fruit? Jeebus, this assvice is so bad they should have charges pressed against them. One of the rare times I've ever said it, but IGNORE THAT PROFESSIONAL'S ADVICE. Ugh.
  • Torontonius
    Torontonius Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    soup you make yourself? awesome.

soup you buy in stores? avoid. too much sodium and all the processing kills any nutrition you would get otherwise.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options

Does water in tap water or bottled water make the thyroid stop working?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he found his license in a cracker jack box. Get a new dietician
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options

Does water in tap water or bottled water make the thyroid stop working?

No. No. No.

How do you know you have thyroid issues? Because judging by what this doctor said you might not.

• libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I went to a dietician who told me not to eat soup because its not good for thyroid. Is this true? And also he saod dairy prevents the body to burn fat

You have been swindled. Do your own research, seek another dietician. Report back and tell us what you have learned after you have done research on your own and found another dietician.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I will never understand why people pay money to see PTs, nutritionists, dietitians, etc...but never ask questions. I just don't get it. When my PT tells me to do something that I'm unfamiliar with and/or unknowledgable about or whatever...I usually ask something like, "ok...but what is that supposed to do"..."why exactly am I doing X?" Stuff like that.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    soup you make yourself? awesome.

soup you buy in stores? avoid. too much sodium and all the processing kills any nutrition you would get otherwise.

Processing doesn't 'kill' nutrition and 7/8 of people have no reason to even limit their sodium.

OP's 'dietician' sounds like a personal trainer. Caveat emptor.