Midsummer Meltdown - 4/25 thru 6/21

Options

Replies

• CBaumgardner7
    CBaumgardner7 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone!

Hope all is well. Doing great with the workouts and even doing better with the water. :) I was planning a rest day because I've been working out like a monster lately. But, I think my body is revolting because it wants on the treadmil. I don't know what it is, I love to log in my exercise so that it doesn't have a 0 at it. :) I am a scale addict and I can see the number coming down and can't wait to report my loss on Tues. That's my official weigh in so I am keeping at that. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Just remember, little steps make all the difference. :)
  • Andra01
    Andra01 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday! It's already May 1st, time is going so fast!

Just checking in for the entire weekend..... I did really BAD with the exercise ....didn't exercise for friday, saturday, sunday but was more than okay with water intake! I couldn't exercise because I had to work at my part-time job and do some much homework.... I finish school in one week and a half so it's a big rush there!

Enjoy your Sunday:)
  • shellbell2312
    Options
    so I havent' been on in a few days but I have been keeping good with all of my water. Had a little breakdown last night and ate some jr mints at a movie :( put me over my sugar. It was the only sweet thing I had all week though!Happy Sunday all!
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    glad everyone is staying on point (for the most part). I had a bad calorie weekend, but think it was needed. I've been doing well on my water and exercise.

we'll see what Tuesday brings.
  • ravenclawseekergirl
    ravenclawseekergirl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a day of two halves for me. As i said i went out for my walk to avoid the wedding. Walked 8-9 miles in the freezing rain. Lets just say i'm stubborn and dont really know the meaning of the word common sense. :bigsmile: When i eventually got home, dripping wet and actually shaking, my mother practically force fed me pizza. She'd cooked it and god forbid you should refuse food she put effort into. (even if that effort is taking it out of the packet and putting it in the oven) It just really annoys me no one eats the food i make from scratch...:explode:

I don't even want to know what the salt content of that was.
    Sorry for the ranting, today has been a better day though, i'm more in control.

you think maybe you can have a heart-to-heart with your mom about your need to take care of yourself, body and needs? Maybe if she hears you say what she CAN do to support you, her daughter who she loves more than anything in the whole wide world, she'll get it. Another option is to get your Dr involved. I'm assuming here that your Dr believes it's healthy for you to lose weight, and maybe your Dr can talk with your mom about why it's medically important for you to get healthy and what your mama can do to be a help to you?

Good luck, sometimes our families who just want the best for us, don't quite know how to be the most help as opposed to hinderance

Thanks for the advice. Yeah my Doctor want's me to loose weight so does my rheumatologist...Mum and me have never had a very close relationship i was always a daddy's girl. She's always 'tried' to loose weight and because she always give in she tries to drag my sister and me down with her.

Failed to get all the water in today but managed to get 44 mins of exercise and 8 cups of water.
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Well I've had a pretty good weekend overall. Got in all my exercise, didn't stray too much on the food front, and I've even managed to keep up on the water!

On the exercise front I've decided today I'm going to sign up for a 10k run on Memorial Day (the Bolder Boulder for anyone around here). I've never done a race before, but I do normally run for exercise. The race seems so daunting for some reason! There's something about that set start and finish that makes the distance seem impossible. Well, at any rate if anyone has any first time race tips please share! I guess I should start some type of trainig although I honestly don't really know where to start except go out and run-so I guess that's what I'll be doing for the next 4 weeks!
  • alacarte
    alacarte Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in: Water at 8 not sure I'll make it to 10, and I worked 6 days this week (at a physical job) so taking a rest day.

Great Monday to everybody.
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    So far, this has been a wonderful weekend for me--lots of water, lots of exercise. This challenge is really good for me--it helps keep me on track.
    I love the idea of reminding myself that there will be yummy foods around--I just have a hard time with "homemade" stuff--like at parties--I feel as though I won't have the opportunity later...
    Thanks for the encouraging words.
  • singer201
    singer201 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Today, I DID order one of the Red Robin gourmet burgers instead of the plain-Jane variety, but with a lettuce wrap and side salad that are available substitutions for the bun and fries. It turns out one of my brothers is also watching calories and carbs, so we supported each other in passing up the fries and dessert and ordering lettuce-wrapped burgers. I ended up with more sodium than desirable, but cals and carbs were within goals.

The sun is shining again today, so I spent 70 minutes in my yard raking the lawn and cutting down brush in my "wild area". Water is on track., but I think I'll get in a little extra to neutralize the excess sodium.
  • stefv86
    stefv86 Posts: 60
    Options
    Happy Sunday!

I'm finally feeling healthy again!! YAY!
    The past two nights have been bad around dinner time, both days friends came over and brought pizza. It's like they know that's my weakness or something. :laugh:

I've done really awesome on my water the past couple days. Not quite 10 glasses most of them, but I'm trying to get it up there! I've had to refill our brita pitcher so many times this week!

So yeah. Lookin' forward to a nice loss on Tuesday. :happy:
  • slackeyj
    slackeyj Posts: 68
    Options
    Well I've had a pretty good weekend overall. Got in all my exercise, didn't stray too much on the food front, and I've even managed to keep up on the water!

On the exercise front I've decided today I'm going to sign up for a 10k run on Memorial Day (the Bolder Boulder for anyone around here). I've never done a race before, but I do normally run for exercise. The race seems so daunting for some reason! There's something about that set start and finish that makes the distance seem impossible. Well, at any rate if anyone has any first time race tips please share! I guess I should start some type of trainig although I honestly don't really know where to start except go out and run-so I guess that's what I'll be doing for the next 4 weeks!

First races are exciting! Congrats, its will be so much fun! My favorite thing to do when I tried my first 5k and my first sprint triathlon was to focus on something small and be proud just for entering and finishing. If its running, I usually try to set a goal of maintaining a pace that allows me to finish without walking any of it. With the triathlons I actually set an overall time goal. It just gave me something to push myself further during the race when motivation wanes.
  • chelsiburnett
    chelsiburnett Posts: 317
    Options
    Sunday-- I have drank alot of water today, but I stopped keeping track!! I actually took a rest day today but ended up walking to church this evening for a total of 2.5 miles!!! Ready to start a new week!! Good luck to all!
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I ate at Red Robin for the first time a few days ago...I had the Whiskey BBQ Chicken Wrap and it wasn't too bad calorie and fat wise, but the sodium of course was through the roof!
    This weekend has not been the best for eating for me...we had two extra kids here this weekend and whew, how do people with more than one child eat healthy? Very challenging! All they ate was pizza, nuggets, noodles, and McDonalds!! But I tried to think in moderation and hope I didn't blow it, and knocked back the water all weekend too.

Catie, congrats on finishing med school!!! That is so great! I know you have worked hard, you deserve to celebrate!
    And Ailene, big congrats to you too, that is awesome that you can run like that now, you are my inspiration!! :flowerforyou:

I did lots of walking this weekend on a positive note though...walked all around Nashville, had lots of fun too!
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!

I'm finally feeling healthy again!! YAY!
    The past two nights have been bad around dinner time, both days friends came over and brought pizza. It's like they know that's my weakness or something. :laugh:

I've done really awesome on my water the past couple days. Not quite 10 glasses most of them, but I'm trying to get it up there! I've had to refill our brita pitcher so many times this week!

So yeah. Lookin' forward to a nice loss on Tuesday. :happy:

It's been a pizza kinda weekend for me too!!! Having three kids here this weekend=pizza!!!
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I haven't been posting a lot the last few days, and I haven't been logging my food, but I have been pretty good about not overeating, so I guess that's something :). Thank you to everyone for the congratulations, it's a big weight off my shoulders, and now the only step left is graduation! Tomorrow I will get back on track. I've decided to finally join a gym, and I will let you all know how that goes :). It sounds like everyone has been doing a really good job this week, and the fact that I have to post my weight here on Tuesday has helped me stay in line, so thank you again.

Keep up the good work, you are all amazing!
  • msmindyf
    msmindyf Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    It's been a great day for water! Also, I done 30 min on the elliiptical and 50 minutes on ChaLEAN Extreme Burn Intervals & Abs. Looking forward to the next challenge that comes my way..
  • shawn526
    shawn526 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Got in my long run today, 16.5 miles (3.5 hours) and I think I got 8 glasses of water today, not counting what I drank on my run (24 oz bottle of water and 24 oz bottle of Gatorade)

We'll see what the scale says Tuesday. I'm glad it's not a Monday weigh in because I'm usually up a couple of pounds the day after my long run. Muscle soreness and swelling and all that fun stuff :-P

Good night, all!
  • wildkiger
    wildkiger Posts: 25
    Options
    singer201 said...
    Today, I DID order one of the Red Robin gourmet burgers instead of the plain-Jane variety, but with a lettuce wrap and side salad that are available substitutions for the bun and fries. It turns out one of my brothers is also watching calories and carbs, so we supported each other in passing up the fries and dessert and ordering lettuce-wrapped burgers. I ended up with more sodium than desirable, but cals and carbs were within goals.

The sun is shining again today, so I spent 70 minutes in my yard raking the lawn and cutting down brush in my "wild area". Water is on track., but I think I'll get in a little extra to neutralize the excess sodium.

Yay! We'll bring them over to the dark side one by one...kicking and screaming if we have to! Okay, maybe not the last part. So proud of you, though!

I've gotten a ton of exercise this weekend, playing with my dog and hiking. Not keeping up with water, but I'm at least getting my 8 glasses a day which is sort of a struggle. I anticipate a lot of walking tomorrow as well as the next couple days as I'll be getting irrigation lines up and running.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Certainly got more than my 10 glasses today. Did my first Body Vive class - an hour of hard work AND an hour and a half of Line Dancing. Hope I can walk tomorrow :)

Nervous about my first weigh in but I have been logging regularly and staying "clean"

Do we weigh in on Tuesday or Wednesday? Start the new challenge on Tuesday or Wednesday?
    I am in New Zealand - already 9.20pm Monday night

Thanks
    Lesley
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    Can I join?
    SW - 186
    CW - 151
    GW - 137