Options

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I gotta be honest, I am frustrated. I realize that everyones journey is their own....totally get it. But I am sick of seeing people whine and complain.....sick of seeing them sabotage themselves and blame circumstances, holidays and failed relationships. Someone needs to say "GET OVER IT!" Seriously, I had to tell it to myself and I still to this day say it to myself. You cannot wallow in self pity. You cannot blame gorging yourself with food that is killing you on anyone else but yourself. I did it for years. I played the victim. I blamed being busy, other people, my kids and the fact that I simply liked food "too much" to give it up. I wish someone would have kicked me in the *kitten* long ago. If this is you....GET OVER IT! Step up to the plate and choose life. There is nothing or no one that can get in your way....except you! I love you so much. You can do it!
    To whom is the "I love you so much" directed?
    Me, quit stealing my thunder.

I hope you two have many happy years together. :)

Such an odd post. Typical "I'm so great! Everyone should be more like me!" Then, the love. Not just love, but SO MUCH love. Then nothing. Such a letdown.

It's because it was a direct copy/paste from a post he made on his news feed. I imagine he just forgot to delete that part.
    I see. Makes sense.

Disappointing, all the same.

I was, as they say, "in" for the So Much Love. The "I'm smart, you're stupid, you suck, stop making excuses, I'm so great, everyone should be more like me" stuff...yawn.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    OP: maybe the people you are complaining about are not quite " there yet ". Maybe they are today where you were before. Maybe just like you they need to go through a process and that needs time. I think you need to practice patience and some understanding as far as your fellow MFPers are concerned.
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 623 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    his thanksgiving dinner?

mini-meal05.jpg

i'll take time, effort, and learning to manage my health for the rest of my life as opposed to a quick fix...at least this way i'm learning

Keep up the hard work, life will get in the way, but you (whomever the you was he was talking to) can do this! And we are here for support and advice!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Did the OP have gastric bypass surgery ? .........If he did , he may want to realize that some people dont have insurance that will pay for it, or they just don't have the money

I lost, I got it, but I never critized anyone along the way.......Sheese, lets all play nice
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Ang108 wrote: »
    OP: maybe the people you are complaining about are not quite " there yet ". Maybe they are today where you were before. Maybe just like you they need to go through a process and that needs time. I think you need to practice patience and some understanding as far as your fellow MFPers are concerned.

That's the thing... he will never have that understanding it's a process and the patience needed cuz he never went thru that. He went directly under the knife. Now it's just that he has to eat a little. So he'll never have that sympathy. That's why he's all "I'm successful and you're not cuz you're whiny crybabies." He needs to get over it.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    OP, I posted a supportive kudos to you in your success stories thread. But in response to this particular post, I'd like to remind you that the vast majority regain their weight within 5 years of losing it.

I hope your tough love words don't come back to haunt you. And I mean that sincerely.

If you are interested in helping other morbidly obese who are just not getting over it, like Sheepotato said, maybe fill in the details of how you did it.

As inspirational as your before and afters are, some practical advice to your morbidly obese brothers and sisters would be even more inspirational.

Beautifully stated. Love the eloquence!
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Is it just me, or did anyone else read this post in the voice of Matt Foley, Motivational Speaker?

6a00e55214ffbe8834017ee5b0fb47970d-500wi

Haha.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    best backfire I've seen in a while.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    So Much Love.

don't step there. That's love. Let me get the mop.
  • LOL!

http://www.breaktopic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/demotivational-posters-this-will-not-end-well1.jpeg

I hear what you are saying but "get over it" does not help me. It takes forever to lose weight when y ou get over 50. You had gastric bypass, that is easier than trying to lose 20 pounds once you get as old as I am.
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    This kind of sanctimony, acrimony and disharmony is usually found in "Motivation & Support".

Not that I'm complaining.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    Complaining burns so many calories though. I can't stop or the scale will go up again.

LOL'd pretty hard at this.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Ang108 wrote: »

That's the thing... he will never have that understanding it's a process and the patience needed cuz he never went thru that. He went directly under the knife. Now it's just that he has to eat a little. So he'll never have that sympathy. That's why he's all "I'm successful and you're not cuz you're whiny crybabies." He needs to get over it.

Not defending the OP whatsoever but most people who do gastric have to go through a lot before going "under the knife." They do have to try other diets first. That being said - I'm doing it the calorie counting way because I will NOT get surgery if there's any other option. I've seen the complications my parents had from their bypass surgeries. Unless I'm physically unable to lose anymore and am still at risk for health complications (right now my cholesterol is a tad high and there's family history to consider) I'm going to do it this way.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Two thirds of gastrics end up regaining the bulk of the weight inside of five years.

And then what...?
  • daybehavior
    Options
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    Two thirds of gastrics end up regaining the bulk of the weight inside of five years.

And then what...?

This is something I've been curious about. If they are physically unable to overeat because of the surgery, how do they regain? I mean obviously they start consuming more calories than they expend, but shouldn't there still be a stopgap because of the surgery? Does the "stop you're full" sensation go away?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options

And then what...?

This is something I've been curious about. If they are physically unable to overeat because of the surgery, how do they regain? I mean obviously they start consuming more calories than they expend, but shouldn't there still be a stopgap because of the surgery? Does the "stop you're full" sensation go away?

A lot of posters above touched on it - by taking a surgical short cut like this, subjects don't learn proper eating habits. So, eventually, they stretch their insides back out.

Add in a dose of self-righteous arrogance about "getting over it", and it's a disaster waiting to happen.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options

And then what...?

They stretch their smaller stomachs to fit more, I'm sure it's incredibly painful. There is the lapband where the stomach is not cut but restricted with a band, people have had them slip off or their stomach burst.

article-2011047-0CDBDF3C00000578-707_233x427.jpg

• daybehavior
    Options

And then what...?

A lot of posters above touched on it - by taking a surgical short cut like this, subjects don't learn proper eating habits. So, eventually, they stretch their insides back out.

Add in a dose of self-righteous arrogance about "getting over it", and it's a disaster waiting to happen.

Ha! Funny because a lot of WLS proponents like point out that they still have to learn to eat correctly and the surgery is just a tool, etc. Didn't know the relapse rate was so dismal.
    sheepotato wrote: »

And then what...?

They stretch their smaller stomachs to fit more, I'm sure it's incredibly painful. There is the lapband where the stomach is not cut but restricted with a band, people have had them slip off or their stomach burst.

article-2011047-0CDBDF3C00000578-707_233x427.jpg

yikes. Yeah I'd think it'd be painful too but apparently its not enough to discourage people from relapse.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

And then what...?

I had no idea it was that high. How sad. You'd think having major surgery would push people to make permanent changes.