What's your biggest weight loss / fitness pet peeve?

Options

Replies

• meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    the assumption that I eat like a rabbit or am having your eating controlled by some outside source as if I couldn't possibly eat normally and make my own food decisions...by myself... ("you only eat vegetables now, right?", "someone told me you got a dietician through the hospital and they have you doing low carb. that must be how you've lost so much"). Oh and also that I must be anorexic now. yeah, I've had my "obvious eating disorder" mentioned several times now despite the fact that I can eat these same people under the table....and have on several occasions.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    It's funny how the vast majority of these posts boil the problem down to the existence of other people.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Being judged for being able to hit a buffet. Hard. With glee.

hahaha....YES. potlucks are my favourite thing. all y'all better get your behinds to that food and load up because once I charge through that table there will be NOTHING left.
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Short List:

Fear mongering over unjustified, unproven "truths," i.e. aspartame (diet soda) causes cancer

"Zero Calorie" foods and the thermogenic effect misconstrued

Nancy Snyderman and Dr. Oz used as credible sources
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    "________ is the only real exercise to get fit" (usually lifting and/or running)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    When they post they want to "loose" weight.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    My mother
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    People saying "oh its easy for you! You're 20 years younger than me."

Ok then. Keep standing there complaining about how over weight you are. I'll just ignore you now since you didn't want to hear about how counting calories and exercise works.
  • BetterKimmer
    BetterKimmer Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Ok, one more. The two camps of 'eat clean/eat healthy' and 'I eat whatever I want and still lose' arguing. If you want to eat a high volume of food to achieve feeling full while losing weight, eat clean/healthier or make better food choices. Or get hit with random hunger pangs that you cannot do anything about because you ate a cheese burger, pizza or chocolate bar and to eat anymore puts you beyond your calories allowance. Or eat more to squash the hunger and don't lose weight. So now your hungry and miserable or can't lose weight and miserable. Personally, I am a full and happy girl who eats a ton... and who eats treats... just in moderation. But good for those that don't seem to eat good and lose too. I just don't know how you got past the being hungry part.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    My two pet peeve terms:
    1. Clean eating. Means nothing. Describe the actual foods you are eating, not some trendy buzzword that means nothing
    2. Processed food. Also means nothing. If you are trying to avoid pre-packaged foods and things like heat-and-eat meals, why not use the more descriptive term of "convenience foods"
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

Oh my gosh! I HATE THIS TOO!!!! I never read when people put that. It just throws me off!!!!
  • kailibertsch
    kailibertsch Posts: 139 Member
    Options

This drives me crazy and I see it more often than not.
  • jesikalovesyou
    jesikalovesyou Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    My two pet peeve terms:
    1. Clean eating. Means nothing. Describe the actual foods you are eating, not some trendy buzzword that means nothing
    2. Processed food. Also means nothing. If you are trying to avoid pre-packaged foods and things like heat-and-eat meals, why not use the more descriptive term of "convenience foods"

I thought that too about clean eating. I'm like, "no one cares!". But the processed thing, I just think of it as - I don't eat anything made from more than 5 or so ingredients (if bought from a store). I mostly eat fresh fruits, vegetables, poultry, nuts, etc.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    My two pet peeve terms:

I thought that too about clean eating. I'm like, "no one cares!". But the processed thing, I just think of it as - I don't eat anything made from more than 5 or so ingredients (if bought from a store). I mostly eat fresh fruits, vegetables, poultry, nuts, etc.

What about a bag of trail mix that contains, say seven different types of nuts, seeds, and berries?
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options

I saw a whole post about how this girl wanted to loose another few pounds. It drove me crazy.

My biggest pet peeves is:

People asking how you're doing it, are you spending 3+hours a day at the gym, eating 1000 calories etc... and I tell them about an hour a day, 5 days a week and eating over 1700 calories, they just don't want to hear it, they get distracted, change the topic etc... Don't ask if you want a secret diet pill or something they "can't" do.

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    A Facebook friend asked for my secret, and I told her I had the help of a whole team of experts. Her reply was pretty cute, "I was hoping the answer was simple, like no chocolate."
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    No chocolate wouldn't be easy...
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    It's the people that I know that lose three pounds and are suddenly weight loss experts and are trying to give me advice (having lost 59 pounds so far). That's the only thing that has really bothered me.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    People who don't know lane ettiquette in a lap swimming situation.