What's your biggest weight loss / fitness pet peeve?

Options

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    when people show up on the internet talking about how they are 'new and don't know what to do and can you please do all the research for me (here's my stats<3;);)xoxox) and tell me exactly what program i have to do and exactly what i should eat cause i dont want to waste any of my own precious time teaching myself hahahahahaha no really do it all for me, i aint got time for this sht i jus' wanna look hott.'
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    and ANYONE who says that motivation is necessary, i will go head to head against.

i mean, if we were in person. NYC laws are way more lax about behavior than the MFP terms of service and it's no fun to argue with someone that doesn't even have the guts to show her face when she tells you are wrong :flowerforyou:
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    when people show up on the internet talking about how they are 'new and don't know what to do and can you please do all the research for me (here's my stats<3;);)xoxox) and tell me exactly what program i have to do and exactly what i should eat cause i dont want to waste any of my own precious time teaching myself hahahahahaha no really do it all for me, i aint got time for this sht i jus' wanna look hott.'

And then come back two months later, having not listened to any of the advice given and complain they aren't losing weight.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Oh and the whole "sabotage" thing. Seriously. No one is forcing those donuts at work or free bread during family night at a restaurant down your throat. No one has to eat like you and no one is responsible for you or your actions but yourself.

That's 100% true, but I live with someone who is constantly trying to push food at me and I hate having to constantly deal with their issues and insecurities. I'm finally in the right direction and it is getting old fast.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options

This x 1,000,000

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    What bugs me is all the bragging "hur hur hur I can eat pizza and burgers and fries and still lose weight cause I burn a million calories a day, lookit me!" Well goody for u. Thanks for rubbing my nose in the fact that due to age/height I don't have this privilege and have to be very strict at all times just to lose one pound every 3 weeks.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    When they post they want to "loose" weight.

This drives me crazy and I see it more often than not.

Then one day, you type out "lose" and have to sit there, staring at it for 5 minutes and wondering WTF is wrong with it before you realize so many people are interchanging "loose" with "lose" that even you can't remember which is which.

• MsOpus
    MsOpus Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Don't get me started. My husband is the only person who knows that I am "dieting" and trying to genuinely lose some weight. (He's very supportive too and hid the 4 boxes of Thin Mint Girl Guide Cookies he bought.)
    If I even get asked by a co-worker or friend "Have you lost weight?" I always reply with "No, maybe you should get your eyes checked." Usually shuts them up.
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    *Food fear mongering (sugar, artificial sweeteners, carbs, etc)
    *Pintrest and women's fitness magazines and their health and exercise tips that are obviously misleading. Ex: getting abs or amazing arms with these 5 simply moves!
    *The word toning and many women's general fear of picking up some real weights
    *Ask-holes: People who see your results and ask your secret and advice repeatedly, but don't actually use your advice.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    MsOpus wrote: »
    Don't get me started. My husband is the only person who knows that I am "dieting" and trying to genuinely lose some weight. (He's very supportive too and hid the 4 boxes of Thin Mint Girl Guide Cookies he bought.)
    If I even get asked by a co-worker or friend "Have you lost weight?" I always reply with "No, maybe you should get your eyes checked." Usually shuts them up.

It's awesome to have a supportive husband! But, why do you get so angry at that question from your friends? I used to love it!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    People who don't know lane ettiquette in a lap swimming situation.
    +1

• jbee27
    jbee27 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    levitateme wrote: »

This x 1,000,000

I'll go ahead and x your 1,000,000 by another 1,000,000

These also seem to be the same people who have 1,000 excuses for why whatever plan is suggested to them won't work, or how they don't have time, etc.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    The people who knock the people who eat ice cream and pizza and burgers and chocolate and cupcakes. Everybody works hard to eat what they want. Or not.
  • Betsyx72
    Betsyx72 Posts: 19 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    people who complain about us food police... just kidding:) But seriously, my pet peeve is sort of the opposite - people treating me like a freak because I eat things they have never heard of. I don't judge what they eat, but they automatically assume I'm some kind of snob because we make a good bit of our own food from scratch. Unfortunately, if I eat a lot of what they are eating it makes me sick (because of thyroid problems), but if I choose to bring/make some other food, they treat it like I am insulting them personally! They know about my health issues, but don't take them seriously (assuming I can get away with "cheating" every once in awhile, which I can't or it can send me into a spiral of inflammation, headaches, and other pain for days). This is especially a problem at holidays and other family get-togethers.... but I see comments on social media from other like-minded people too.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It's the word "journey" for me. We aren't going on a space expedition here. Also, people randomly picking on the word "diet". OMG it's just a different word to describe the same thing! Synonyms people. Synonyms. Chill.

ETA: Also the word "tone". A lot of women on this site DO know that means building muscle and losing weight. People assume they ALWAYS mean they think 3 lbs weights will do it for them alone.

So.. essentially, I hate word police. And yes... I realize I'm a hypocrite because I am very literal when I read words.
  • PerfectlyImpaired
    Options
    lmao Katie too true.....
    Im just waiting to LOOOVE exercise, I enjoy the way I feel after, but the actual act, no matter what I try, I dread it and just cant wait for it to be done.
  • babyrover
    babyrover Posts: 51 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    "If your building muscle from working out it's okay that the scale doesn't budge Muscle weighs more than fat" No it doesn't...a pound of fat weighs the same as a pound of muscles or a pound of bricks. It all weighs ONE POUND. Muscle is more dense and takes up less space.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    babyrover wrote: »
    "If your building muscle from working out it's okay that the scale doesn't budge Muscle weighs more than fat" No it doesn't...a pound of fat weighs the same as a pound of muscles or a pound of bricks. It all weighs ONE POUND. Muscle is more dense and takes up less space.

Never understood why people don't accept "muscle weighs more than fat". We all accept "helium is lighter than air", or "oil is lighter than water" .. the volume being constant is implied in all those. and most people know this. because otherwise, nothing weighs any more than anything else, since a pound of anything weighs the same as a pound of anything else.

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    sullus wrote: »

Never understood why people don't accept "muscle weighs more than fat". We all accept "helium is lighter than air", or "oil is lighter than water" .. the volume being constant is implied in all those. and most people know this. because otherwise, nothing weighs any more than anything else, since a pound of anything weighs the same as a pound of anything else.

Agreed! Oh my goodness, if you KNOW what the person meant when they said muscle weighs more than fat, why do you correct them? Word police!!!

(Again I'm a hypocrite here - my nephews all know it's a "concrete truck" not a "cement truck". I'm always like "Well you don't call a cake "flour", now do you!).

I love myself, I love myself, I love myself :-/ lol.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    sullus wrote: »

Agreed! Oh my goodness, if you KNOW what the person meant when they said muscle weighs more than fat, why do you correct them? Word police!!!

(Again I'm a hypocrite here - my nephews all know it's a "concrete truck" not a "cement truck". I'm always like "Well you don't call a cake "flour", now do you!).

I love myself, I love myself, I love myself :-/ lol.

HA. Just like my kids know it's not a Zamboni. It's a Zamboni BRAND ice resurfacing machine.