Discouraged by trace calories...

Options

Replies

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    My question is you work for 1 hour your exercise and only burn 220 to 330? I would die if I worked this hard and only burned this much. There is only calorie burn and no fat burning in your work out! Work smarter not harder. You could get a 220 calorie burn in a shorter work out unless your work out is by design to work this way!

Actually, that's a pretty moderate-to-intense workout burn for most women who are on the smaller side. I'm 5'1"/140, and if I work out for an hour and burn 300 calories, I consider that to be doing pretty good. MFP overestimates calorie burns by quite a bit, I've found, so it might tell me that the workout is worth 400-500, but if I were to eat back that much, I'd gain weight.
  • neversummer7
    Options
    I'm going home for Christmas and won't have a treadmill there so I will be on a 1200 calorie diet. Could someone possibly show me what I can eat throughout the day that would be equal to 1200 and filling?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I'm going home for Christmas and won't have a treadmill there so I will be on a 1200 calorie diet. Could someone possibly show me what I can eat throughout the day that would be equal to 1200 and filling?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Seriously
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Please look into finding some help. You can start with your doctor and get some referrals to therapists and dietitians. Sometimes you can find people who do both. It can take a lot of support to change eating habits if they are really ingrained in us.
  • neversummer7
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

What??? Seriously????

? What
  • GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

What??? Seriously????

? What

You are 22 years old. We need to tell you what to eat?

Honest question, can't your husband help you with that since you knoe, you do live together? Or does he also eat Cocoa Puffs for dinner?

Calling her out won't help her fix that, though. Regardless of whether or not she should know better at her age.

MrM does have a good point however, what does your husband eat?

Anyhow, I agree with the comments saying that you should talk to you doctor and seek a dietician or follow some nutrition classes. If you need a quick fix, however, you can add me as a friend and have a peek at my diary, I have been on a 1200 calorie diet for a week now, and maybe you can get some ideas from there. (Ignore the first week, I had just had my teeth pulled) You may have to navigate through all the stuff that are not in English though.
  • GingerbreadCandy
    edited December 2014
    Options

What??? Seriously????

? What

Honest question, can't your husband help you with that since you knoe, you do live together? Or does he also eat Cocoa Puffs for dinner?

Calling her out won't help her fix that, though. Regardless of whether or not she should know better at her age.

Anyhow, I agree with the comments saying that you should talk to you doctor and seek a dietician or follow some nutrition classes. If you need a quick fix, however, you can add me as a friend and have a peek at my diary, I have been on a 1200 calorie diet for a week now, and maybe you can get some ideas from there. (Ignore the first week, I had just had my teeth pulled) You may have to navigate through all the stuff that are not in English though.

So you're telling me that calling her out isn't helping but then you agree with what I said. Makes sense.

Sorry, I don't cover my advice in sprinkles. Not happening.

I was actually taking issue with the first part (and your first reply), as you are just telling her "you should know". Which, obviously she doesn't, if she is asking. So it's not really advice.

The second part, yes that I agree with. I also don't care much for how you phrase it.
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options

What??? Seriously????

? What

OP doesn't need to be on a 1200 calorie diet. I don't think she has stated that she isn't the weight in her pictures, so I'm assuming she is. There really isn't anyone on MFP that can help her in a healthy way because her goal isn't healthy. It is encouraging that she said she would add more protein, and I hope she continues to read up on how to achieve good nutrition.

OP, someone gave you the link for the governments MyPlate. It will tell you exactly how to improve your diet and give you meal plans. If you won't seek professional help, start there.
  • GingerbreadCandy
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Maitria wrote: »

What??? Seriously????

? What

OP doesn't need to be on a 1200 calorie diet. I don't think she has stated that she isn't the weight in her pictures, so I'm assuming she is. There really isn't anyone on MFP that can help her in a healthy way because her goal isn't healthy. It is encouraging that she said she would add more protein, and I hope she continues to read up on how to achieve good nutrition.

OP, someone gave you the link for the governments MyPlate. It will tell you exactly how to improve your diet and give you meal plans. If you won't seek professional help, start there.

Mostly, I was hoping she could get some meal ideas. Since she seems to be struggling with that.

I was only able to see the second picture just now, for some reason. My mistake. You are right, based on her second picture a 1200 cal diet is not what she needs.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

What??? Seriously????

? What

Mostly, I was hoping she could get some meal ideas. Since she seems to be struggling with that.

I was only able to see the second picture just now, for some reason. My mistake. You are right, based on her second picture a 1200 cal diet is not what she needs.

She's not struggling with that. She's looking for excuses to continue under eating, and your helping to enable that.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

What??? Seriously????

? What

So you're telling me that calling her out isn't helping but then you agree with what I said. Makes sense.

I was actually taking issue with the first part (and your first reply), as you are just telling her "you should know". Which, obviously she doesn't, if she is asking. So it's not really advice.

The second part, yes that I agree with. I also don't care much for how you phrase it.

She's an adult. She should know that it's time to stop eating like a kid. You don't like the way I said it then that's just tough.

+1
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    OP, I'm not sure if you are being overwhelmed by so many responses and perhaps the messages aren't sinking in. So please read the following very carefully:

1) Your "diet" is severely flawed and you are not eating healthy
    2) Your comments and original may indicate that you either have or are in danger of having an eating disorder. At the very least, you seem to have an unhealthy relationship with food
    3) You seem to have no knowledge of nutrition, how many calories you should eat and exercising.
    4) You haven't seemed to absorb anything that anyone has said to you in this very long string of comments and follow up their posts will perplexing questions that make me wonder if you are "for real".
    5) If you are on MFP then you have access to the internet. There are tons of websites on dieting, nutrition, fitness, eating disorders (and their warning signs), etc. Do some research and do not rely on strangers on MFP to tell you how to live.
    6) I haven't looked but it seems you may already be underweight. Are you getting that?
    7) This is serious and not a game. You could be doing irreparable damage to yourself physically and mentally.
    8) As I read through your posts the theme is the same: You want to know if you're eating too much. 100 people have told you that you are not eating too much. Your husband said you eat a lot of junk, meaning you eat mostly unhealthy food, not that you eat too much.

Bottom line: What we are all trying to tell you is that you are not eating the right things. We are also trying to tell you that you may be eating too little calories. And we are trying to tell you that you may not need to lose any weight because you appear to be too thin. Lastly, a few posters have made reference to previous posts you have made that might indicate an eating disorder. I strongly suggest you speak with a professional about this as soon as possible. Let you husband read these posts and hopefully he can explain it to you.

Do you get it now? Good luck.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    OP, Please seek help. Based on your subsequent posts in this thread, I truly think you need to seek professional help. Perhaps you can ask for referrals for Christmas, and stop worrying about eating 1200 calories on Christmas day.
  • GingerbreadCandy
    edited December 2014
    Options

FredDoyle wrote: »

What??? Seriously????

? What

She's not struggling with that. She's looking for excuses to continue under eating, and your helping to enable that.

Yes, I said I realised that and that I made a mistake.
  • carriecarrio
    carriecarrio Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    is this for real? it does not seem serious to me
  • GingerbreadCandy
    edited December 2014
    Options

What??? Seriously????

? What

She's an adult. She should know that it's time to stop eating like a kid. You don't like the way I said it then that's just tough.

Sorry, I just realised the phrasing I used has a completely different meaning than I what I wanted to say. I meant to say I don't care how you phrase your advice. I just dislike in general when people give empty advice, such as "just eat better". Since it does not really help.