Discouraged by trace calories...

Options

Replies

• GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    astrose00 wrote: »
    OP, I'm not sure if you are being overwhelmed by so many responses and perhaps the messages aren't sinking in. So please read the following very carefully:

1) Your "diet" is severely flawed and you are not eating healthy
    2) Your comments and original may indicate that you either have or are in danger of having an eating disorder. At the very least, you seem to have an unhealthy relationship with food
    3) You seem to have no knowledge of nutrition, how many calories you should eat and exercising.
    4) You haven't seemed to absorb anything that anyone has said to you in this very long string of comments and follow up their posts will perplexing questions that make me wonder if you are "for real".
    5) If you are on MFP then you have access to the internet. There are tons of websites on dieting, nutrition, fitness, eating disorders (and their warning signs), etc. Do some research and do not rely on strangers on MFP to tell you how to live.
    6) I haven't looked but it seems you may already be underweight. Are you getting that?
    7) This is serious and not a game. You could be doing irreparable damage to yourself physically and mentally.
    8) As I read through your posts the theme is the same: You want to know if you're eating too much. 100 people have told you that you are not eating too much. Your husband said you eat a lot of junk, meaning you eat mostly unhealthy food, not that you eat too much.

Bottom line: What we are all trying to tell you is that you are not eating the right things. We are also trying to tell you that you may be eating too little calories. And we are trying to tell you that you may not need to lose any weight because you appear to be too thin. Lastly, a few posters have made reference to previous posts you have made that might indicate an eating disorder. I strongly suggest you speak with a professional about this as soon as possible. Let you husband read these posts and hopefully he can explain it to you.

Do you get it now? Good luck.

^ this.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    is this for real? it does not seem serious to me

I agree with you. I've been wondering that since this post came out. I gave my summary and now I'm done!!!
  • GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I'm going home for Christmas and won't have a treadmill there so I will be on a 1200 calorie diet. Could someone possibly show me what I can eat throughout the day that would be equal to 1200 and filling?

What??? Seriously????

? What

You are 22 years old. We need to tell you what to eat?

Honest question, can't your husband help you with that since you knoe, you do live together? Or does he also eat Cocoa Puffs for dinner?

Calling her out won't help her fix that, though. Regardless of whether or not she should know better at her age.

MrM does have a good point however, what does your husband eat?

Anyhow, I agree with the comments saying that you should talk to you doctor and seek a dietician or follow some nutrition classes. If you need a quick fix, however, you can add me as a friend and have a peek at my diary, I have been on a 1200 calorie diet for a week now, and maybe you can get some ideas from there. (Ignore the first week, I had just had my teeth pulled) You may have to navigate through all the stuff that are not in English though.

So you're telling me that calling her out isn't helping but then you agree with what I said. Makes sense.

Sorry, I don't cover my advice in sprinkles. Not happening.

I was actually taking issue with the first part (and your first reply), as you are just telling her "you should know". Which, obviously she doesn't, if she is asking. So it's not really advice.

The second part, yes that I agree with. I also don't care much for how you phrase it.

She's an adult. She should know that it's time to stop eating like a kid. You don't like the way I said it then that's just tough.

Sorry, I just realised I mis-phrased my sentence and thus gave a completely different meaning to what I said. I meant to say I don't care how you phrase your advice. I just dislike in general when people give empty advice, such as "just eat better". Since it does not really help.

I'm not even going to bothe going back and forth with you. I don't have the desire to baby people, you handle that.

ok.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    An entire bottle of salad dressing a day? I'd think that'd get expensive.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I'm going home for Christmas and won't have a treadmill there so I will be on a 1200 calorie diet. Could someone possibly show me what I can eat throughout the day that would be equal to 1200 and filling?

What??? Seriously????

? What

Honest question, can't your husband help you with that since you knoe, you do live together? Or does he also eat Cocoa Puffs for dinner?

Calling her out won't help her fix that, though. Regardless of whether or not she should know better at her age.

Anyhow, I agree with the comments saying that you should talk to you doctor and seek a dietician or follow some nutrition classes. If you need a quick fix, however, you can add me as a friend and have a peek at my diary, I have been on a 1200 calorie diet for a week now, and maybe you can get some ideas from there. (Ignore the first week, I had just had my teeth pulled) You may have to navigate through all the stuff that are not in English though.

So you're telling me that calling her out isn't helping but then you agree with what I said. Makes sense.

I was actually taking issue with the first part (and your first reply), as you are just telling her "you should know". Which, obviously she doesn't, if she is asking. So it's not really advice.

The second part, yes that I agree with. I also don't care much for how you phrase it.

She's an adult. She should know that it's time to stop eating like a kid. You don't like the way I said it then that's just tough.

+1

Ay Yi Yi. getting flagged for the truth. really?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Did I read that right, I eat a bottle of salad dressing every day, why are I not losing weight?
  • dbmata
    Options

What??? Seriously????

? What

Sorry, I just realised I mis-phrased my sentence and thus gave a completely different meaning to what I said. I meant to say I don't care how you phrase your advice. I just dislike in general when people give empty advice, such as "just eat better". Since it does not really help.

I'm not even going to bothe going back and forth with you. I don't have the desire to baby people, you handle that.

ok.

lol, I like newbies.
  • dbmata
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Did I read that right, I eat a bottle of salad dressing every day, why are I not losing weight?

Maybe she ate the bottle?
    how many calories does glass have? What is an appropriate serving size? 100grams?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

I think it's the Walden Farms "zero calorie" dressing. I concur with someone else who said that is just way too expensive...
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Oh, dear. I just saw the second photo. OP, if that is you now, I recommend seeing an ED therapist right away and consulting with a Registered Dietitian who specializes in treating disordered eating.

You need a 2200+ calorie a day diet to be healthy, NOT 1200.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Oh, dear. I just saw the second photo. OP, if that is you now, I recommend seeing an ED therapist right away and consulting with a Registered Dietitian who specializes in treating disordered eating.

You need a 2200+ calorie a day diet to be healthy, NOT 1200.
    Whoa

Yup, scary. Hopefully, she will get it. Note, she hasn't responded to any questions about her weight and whether that 2nd photo is current...
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    The funny thing is that the zero calorie dressing could actually by 2, 3 or 4 calories per serving. Have the whole bottle in one day and well, a good hanfull of calories not accounted for.

Which, to think, was what OP was worried about. Until we all called her out. Oops.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Well, no it doesn't matter. Go look at picture #2. OP needs to seek therapy.

Oh I know. I totally agree.
  • dbmata
    Options
    AHainzl wrote: »
    Well, no it doesn't matter. Go look at picture #2. OP needs to seek therapy.

Oh I know. I totally agree.

I'm not even understanding what I just saw. How can someone function like that?

I mean, refugee, I can understand, but in the industrial/modern world, with a family who cares for them? I don't get it.
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Abby2205 wrote: »
    Your weekday calories add up to 1220 not 1540 so I really hope you just forgot something there, but if not, I second the call to eat some more protein and fat.

Oh yeah I forgot 300 calorie popcorn to my weekday lol doesn't cheese and cereal have fats? And dot carrots have protein and fruit?

Water... came out my nose... and onto my keyboard.