women who dont shave

Options

Replies

• theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I am single and I admit in the colder months I dont shave. When its warm I shave, if I had a man, I d prolly shave...maybe lol
  • johnmurphymfp
    johnmurphymfp Posts: 2,590 Member
    Options
    I am single and I admit in the colder months I dont shave. When its warm I shave, if I had a man, I d prolly shave...maybe lol

Are we talking legs and arm pits?

• giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Waxing solves all of the problems. No shaving, no stubble. Bare to fuzz and repeat.
  • jenny24012014
    jenny24012014 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    zSandman wrote: »
    Huge turn off. Especially armpit hair. I attribute it with hygiene.

Which is why all the men who don't shave their armpits are incapable of being anything but stinky and dirty.

Personally I shave my armpits more often than my legs but get pretty hairy before I bother doing either. My husband seems to be able to suppress his gag reflex enough to still want to sleep with me.
  • AgentRomanova
    Options
    People who disapprove of women with body hair are immature as hell. A body grows hair, if it wasn't natural, it wouldn't happen. There is nothing unclean about it, either, that's total crap. I find it hilarious when men say its gross and dirty - what about your own bodies then, huh? If you wouldn't touch a woman with body hair - why should she touch you? Why not keep yourself to the same standards?

Preferring either or for aesthetic reasons is fine but that kind of child and uniformed attitude should be rectified when you grow up. I can't stand the 'taboo' that surrounds something as natural as body hair, particularly someone else's body hair. Shaming women who don't shave is just awful.

It's everyone's decision to do what they want with their bodies, be it go completely hairless or be au natural and proud, and everything in between.

Here's a fact: the reason women in the UK/US started to shave their bodies is because during the war (the second, I believe) they started marketing razors towards women in order to generate more money. Before that, women didn't shave. Of course, it varies in different cultures, but that's what happened in the West.
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options

Are we talking legs and arm pits?
    Legs and shave armpits less often in the cold months.
  • zSandman
    zSandman Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    zSandman wrote: »
    Huge turn off. Especially armpit hair. I attribute it with hygiene.
    So you shave your pits then, or are you one of the gross people?

Strong personal attack.
  • coffeeebeanzzz
    coffeeebeanzzz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I shave a few times per week! I don't necessarily think natural hair on women is gross. But personally, I am not a fan & would much rather be nice & smooth. I like rustic hairy guys though ahha:)
  • Silverdracos
    Silverdracos Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My legs only really get shaved if they're going out in public. Because they're white and the hair from the knees down is dark. I didn't even do it very often for the swimming pool this year. I'm fine with armpit hair until you start sweating. Armpit hair dripping with sweat makes my skin crawl. And I keep mine shaved every few days or I get itchy.
  • LeenaJean
    LeenaJean Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    People who disapprove of women with body hair are immature as hell. A body grows hair, if it wasn't natural, it wouldn't happen. There is nothing unclean about it, either, that's total crap. I find it hilarious when men say its gross and dirty - what about your own bodies then, huh? If you wouldn't touch a woman with body hair - why should she touch you? Why not keep yourself to the same standards?

Preferring either or for aesthetic reasons is fine but that kind of child and uniformed attitude should be rectified when you grow up. I can't stand the 'taboo' that surrounds something as natural as body hair, particularly someone else's body hair. Shaming women who don't shave is just awful.

It's everyone's decision to do what they want with their bodies, be it go completely hairless or be au natural and proud, and everything in between.

Here's a fact: the reason women in the UK/US started to shave their bodies is because during the war (the second, I believe) they started marketing razors towards women in order to generate more money. Before that, women didn't shave. Of course, it varies in different cultures, but that's what happened in the West.

I truly love this <3
  • zilannoj
    zilannoj Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I haven't shaved in years. I used to spend so long shaving and though I'll do it once in a while out of curiosity, I ask myself, "Why?" I understand why people think it's disgusting. It's just what we're conditioned to do. My mom would not allow me to shave when I was young but because all the girls around me were doing it, I wanted to be like that. I'd rather save time than do that again.
  • AgentRomanova
    AgentRomanova Posts: 54
    edited December 2014
    Options

I truly love this <3

Aw thank you, I'm just awaiting the backlash for expressing a feminist view on a forum now, lol.

• LeenaJean
    LeenaJean Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hah, nah. I'll have your back :)
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Every girl I've ever been with has shaved their legs and armpits, and either shaved/trimmed "other" areas... But it doesn't really matter to me. I don't think it's inherently gross, at all. It's her body and her choice. Plus, it wouldn't grow if it wasn't natural. There's nothing unhygeinic about it, unless the person doesn't bathe lol.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options

Coming from a male, I supoort this. Seems to be a body hair double standard these days.
  • swole_elsa
    swole_elsa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    inb4 "ur all just ugly feminists that can't get a man"
    I see the "cooking and staying quiet" comment has already been made. B)

I'll always remember in 8th grade, I had a friend named Faith who wouldn't shave or wear bras. She was bullied to no end. Hurts my heart to think about. Is this the kind of culture we want to create? Unaccepting, judgemental little *kitten* for children?

I think of Faith every time I skip shaving my legs nowadays.. It's saved me so much time and money just doing my armpits. The only reason I do my armpits is because I don't like the feeling of sweat and hair there together. It's cut way down on my morning routine!
  • CatLady1309
    Options
    I really hate body hair on myself,but really not bothered about other people,aslong as personal hygiene is there lol.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options

a) I've seen a lot of females commenting about it being 'gross and dirty' as well, why only calling out one gender?
    b) Agreed, it's awful to shame women who don't shave, but I question why it's OK to shame the people doing it
    I'm just awaiting the backlash for expressing a feminist view on a forum now

Flamebait, perhaps?
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options

First, actually. And word to your entire post.

Although I shave because I can't stand having stubble. I've had one boyfriend who shaved his legs/armpits and that had no bearing on our relationship.