Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• maram29
    maram29 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    @Lois...keep on swimming, graceful dolphin or crashing pelican...whatever. It makes you happy and your body is responding to the work. Rock on. I am sure you are more graceful than you give yourself credit for being.
    @MountMary84 aka Barbara....you don't fail unless you fail to get up and try again. You are here. That means you haven't given up. That sounds like success to me.
    @Niki...the quotes are worth stealing....they are awesome.

I had a great day. Tuesdays I go and get weighed...good loss today! Back on track after Thanksgiving madness.

Take care and Rock on!
    Mara
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @mara—great job getting right back to losing! I’ve been “stuck” for quite a while—fluctuating within a 5 lbs range for the past 2 years. However, at least right now I’m at the low end of that range and am really working at getting the scale to move below my lowest weight.

@rozie—we all have those days. My husband is a big fan of taco bell. Fortunately, he prefers the crunchy beef tacos, so when he goes he gets a box of them. They are only 170 calories each, so I can easily have a couple for dinner and stay within my calorie goal (albeit not in the healthiest way though). I’m also fortunate that I don’t care for Chipotle. Actually, I should rephrase that—Chipotle tastes delicious, but always, always gives me a terrible stomach-ache.

@amy (mrs morgori)—hi stranger, good to see you! Please post some of those fun holiday pics of you and tom!

@tom—no Christmas cards for this girl!

@niki—sometimes sleep trumps all else.

@barbara (montmary)—I also credit this group with helping me stick with it. If not, I suspect I would’ve gained back all I lost and then some.

@lois—I also never used to be a Grinch—and honestly still don’t really consider myself one. I love Christmas; I just choose not to feel obligated b/c that ruins it for me. I agree family issues can cause a lot of stress as well. I don’t know how much of my MIL drama you’ve been around for, but not having to worry about accommodating her (b/c my DH no longer speaks to her) actually makes the holidays so much more enjoyable. There’s still a bit of finagling b/c we want to spend time with the rest of his family, but it definitely lowers the stress level knowing we don’t have to work her into the schedule.

@L2T—I hope you get a break from the craziness at work soon.

@robin—you crack me up!!

@kaye—yes, I always knew vanity sizing existed and that sizes have gotten bigger as evidenced when I’ve tried on vintage items at resale shops. And we all hear stories about how Marilyn Monroe and Jane Mansfield were size 14s. However, I was shocked that they are apparently still increasing at a rapid rate. I have size 12s purchased 5 or 6 years ago (by my sister who has since lost weight) that now fit me perfectly, but the 12s I tried on at Loft were very loose. I was just floored that sizes have changed so much in just the past few years.

@laurie—I’m sorry that your break is so short. My last day is next Friday 12/18 and we also return on 1/5, so at least we get a full 2 weeks.

Tuesday Goals:
    My first goal is to make sure I get to the gym tomorrow now that my meeting is canceled.

Second goal is to get more grading done throughout the school day tomorrow. Today and yesterday I was doing a lot of odds and ends, but feel like I've made no real progress on my list below.

Third goal is to continue to stay within my calories despite all of the meetings and social gatherings. My first real test will be this weekend. I'm going downtown with a friend for some holiday cheer which will include eating dinner out and some cocktails. Then on Saturday it is our holiday faculty party. Both days I plan to eat light earlier in the day and make the best choices I can given what's available.

No more meetings this week. Yay!!!!

December All-In:
    Under calorie goal: 9/9 days (goal is 28/31 days)
    Workout: 1/9 (goal is as much as possible)
    8k over Winter Break (not sure what day) in 56 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k was 56:49)

Grading Goals:
    1. 62/66 AP essays
    2. 21/66 AP Journals
    3. 30/60 SL Tests HALF DONE!
    4. x/66 Tone tests

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner DONE
    Mon--meeting
    Tues--meeting
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Just a quick hi tonight. It is getting late and it has been a busy day. Tomorrow is also busy. My goals for the week is to stay on target and get some exercise without school work overwhelming me. Need to end the 8-9 hours days due to extra planning.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    @Rozie - I'''m so glad to hear your pipes have been fixed. THe stress had to have been dreadful! No wonder both of you were running out and about and found comfort food to lean on. I do love me some ice cream. I've been leaning on that one item for quite a long time. I have to allow for it even. Its right in there as a part of my daily calories! All my food is basically dairy. Tonight I had white cheese and cottage cheese for my dinner. :\
    @Mountmary - I'd love to read you drink recipes on here - so please, do share! Grand Marnier used to be a favorite sipping liquor of mine. I enjoyed it warmed in the microwave in a snifter. Yumm...... Havent had it in 7 years - since my divorce, in fact! Thanks for jarring my memory
    @Maram = you a a breath of positive, encouraging air! Big hugs of gratitude for your being here!
    @Kaye - so THAT'S whats happening - I just thought I was nuts.

Glad to see so much effort being put forth. I sure feel back for those with bad weather. I sympathise with those folks with "grinch" feelings. I love Christmas but there sure are a lot of pressure points that do come up. I used to send out so many cards but receiving amounts have dwindled, so now I also send only to out of towners and those faithful senders to me. It seems to be an older crowd anymore. Not the texting crowd. And I don't text.....sigh.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    @ Morgori - Tom, I really need to start writing some of these down on a calender, they are becoming quite useful to know when something should be done by.
    @ Rozie1019 - I'm glad you have got your pipe fixed, I know how it feels to have low water pressure, we live on top of a hill and our shower pressure is awful, you would get a better shower standing in the rain!
    @maram29 - Thank you for the encouragement! I do enjoy myself, I think is a good winter sport, but I'm already looking forward to the spring when I can start my walk/jogging again. :smile:
    @Skinny j - I think I'm just Grinchy about the run up. Christmas Day (roads permitting) always seems to go quite well. I never enjoy leaving my family though, its always "I'll just watch this" or "One more coffee" and then end up driving back late to SO's family house. I think the future MIL is never going to leave... its all "when are you leaving my house" at the moment, but the day we move out she'll never leave us alone.

AFM it seems my laziness has caught up with me, I'm managed to put on 2 lbs this week. Which is a bit strange because I've kept up with the swimming three times a week and I wouldn't say I have eaten badly. Pretty much the same as usual but I have a suspicion that it is the Christmas nibbles. Things like mini mince pies, nuts and chocolate. I'm being offered things I can't refuse! I must reign myself in!
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    @Lois, I'm with you about "Grinchyness" ... the only think I leave out of my holiday is the house trimming.

Gosh, I remember the days when there were little kids about instead of kittens. I'd trim the windows with lights and plug them into the sterio receiver so that's go on and off in time with the beat of the music ... and that would be up all of Advent. The kids and I would use spray snow and plastic cutouts to decorate the windows. As cards came in, they'd find themselves strung up on a garland that drapped it's way around the tops of the wall, and I'd hand special Christmas ornaments to keep the swag in them. There'd be long evenings of cookie and fruit breads baking and ripening. Flurried trips to the stores and pouring over of advertising magazines. Lots of late nights to wrap those purchases before anyone could get into the boxes and bags. There would be a Tree Trim and we'd gather for a party .... but that was then.

Now, the Christmas music starts playing on the radio and Christmas advertising is aired starting before Halloween. Advent is unheard of except in certain Churches. The kids are grown and gone far and wide, the cats get into the tree, it's too much bother to trim to house when I'm the only one to see it, besides, it's too much work to put up and take down.

We still gather for Christmas as a family, on Christmas Eve so everyone can keep their other commitments on Christmas Day and have their own kids have the morning to open gifts. Even that has trimmed down ... so many of our kids and grandchildren are spread around the world. So many of us have passed on to glory and makes the occasion bitter-sweet as we remince and miss them. We don't exchange gifts any longer except with immediate family and some of us have stopped sending out Christmas cards. The greeting has turning into "Happy Hollidays" instead of "Merry Christmas".

It's still nice but in a metamorphised way. So I celebrate Christmas in my own special way without all the fanfare that I put on in the past. It's a quiet day of reflection in my home. It's the day I listen to Christmas Carols as I loll around.

Wow ... I got into a ramble ... but I won't delete it.

December Challenge ... days at or under calories 9/9 (goal is 28/31)
    Got the shopping and errands done that I was going to do on Thursday. Today is back to schedule. Making roast chicken and vegetables and chicken dumpling soup because if that lovely bird I bought on sale yesterday.

Here's a quote from a trivit my son bought me when he was 10 years old ...
    "Blessed are those who go around in circles, for they shall be called the Big Wheel"

Niki
    PS ... sorry for all the typos, the dumb computer thinks it knows the word I want to use and I didn't catch it's mistakes. Get a laugh out of it, I did.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Good morning all.

Happy Nobel Prize Day!
    December 10
    The Nobel Day
    On the Nobel Day the Nobel Prizes are delivered to the Prize Winners of the year. The prizes are for a Scientific Exploration of great value for mankind in the areas of Physics, Chemistry, Medicine, Literature, Economics and Peace.

Maybe the donor Alfred Nobel was forced by a bad conscience?
    He had found out how to make Dynamite and got his wealth from that investigation. An investigation which made it possible to make bombs.
    When Alfred Nobel died in 1896 he had made a will in which he bequeathed his money to a Prize which was promoting development of Peace and the progress of the living conditions of mankind. He directed that the Scientific prizes was to be delivered in Stockholm and the Prize of Peace in Oslo, the capital of Norway. Norway and Sweden were united at that time.

The delivering of the prizes in the Concert Hall of Stockholm is followed by a grand feast in the Town Hall, and nowadays all people can follow this by television. The climax of that dinner is when an amount of serving persons is coming downstairs in a procession, carrying big plates with enourmous very elegant Ice Cream Desserts. The room is dark and there is fire-spitting torches in the Dessert. An elegant finish of a grand feast - even to us who just follow the festivities by the direct television display.

The Official Web Site of The Nobel Foundation

Nobel Peace Prize Winners

About the Prize in Literature

Alfred Nobel. life and Work

“Nothing will work unless you do.” ~Maya Angelou

Tom
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Rozie~Yikes on the broken pipe, glad all is fixed though. I get frustrated with my boss too—most of the time he’s really easy going but when we are under the gun with deadlines he tends to micromanage, which drives me crazy. :angry:

@Lois~I’m sorry for the stress you’re enduring with regards to your partner’s Nan’s will, it amazes me sometimes how petty family members can get in those situations. It’s best to step aside like you’ve done. I hope things settle soon. The holidays are hard for me too sometimes. Luckily I don’t have too much family drama—but I do miss family members that are no longer with us and the huge gatherings we used to have a family. That’s what makes it hard for me. I try to remember the true meaning behind this holiday; it makes it a little easier to get through the stress of the season. I don’t put up a tree anymore since I have a cat that would think every ornament on there was meant for her to play with :wink:—but I do put up other decorations.

@Niki~Hooray for your loss! Great job, remember all those small losses add up in the end—slow and steady wins this race. :smile:

@Mara~Hooray for your loss too! :star:

@Karen~Yay for no more meetings this week, I hope you are able to get to the gym and get gunner out for his walk (I’m sure he misses it).

AMF~I’ve been kind of emotional this week, really missing Pebbles for some reason (she went over the rainbow two years ago on Friday). She was such a special cat. But I do have my big furry Zoe, who makes me laugh (even when she wakes me at 2am like last night :smiling_imp:). It’s been a busy week and easier to re-adapt myself to WW than I thought it would be. I do miss a few MFP things but I’m staying within my daily requirements (even trying some different meals). I’m still weighing every day as I don’t think that is something I can stop and the scale is being cooperative so far. I hope I have a decent loss on Saturday.

I didn’t make it to the gym for cardio on Monday, just wasn’t feeling well after so little sleep the night before. I went home Monday and crashed on the sofa, napped all evening. Did workout with my trainer yesterday. Cardio won’t happen today either, seeing chiro for more myofascial release therapy on my Achilles. :frowning: I need to make up missed cardio somehow this week, hopefully Friday.

December “all-in” challenge:
    Food: 8/9
    Exercise: 7/9

Exercise Goals:

Sunday~Trainer DONE!
    Monday~Cardio (rest day instead)
    Tuesday~Trainer DONE!
    Wednesday~Cardio (chiro instead)
    Thursday~Trainer
    Friday~Cardio(?)
    Saturday~Rest Day (hair appt and party)
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    To paraphrase Pogo, 'I have met the enemy and it is me.' I've been handling the Christmas baking and candy making really well until I made peanut brittle yesterday. Covering it and putting it the other room didn't work for that like it did the fudge. I rode the pedaler for 2 hours last night while I knit. I hope I covered the calorie deficit. It says I did, but that depends on whether or not I actually remembered how much peanut brittle I actually ate. :\
    This evening is our church Christmas party. They are serving dinner and pot luck desserts. I'm making carrot pudding. The desserts will be a temptation.
    My Wednesday wish is that I will not do too much damage before I get all these treats out of the house and into the mail.
    DH put up the outside lights last week, but he forgot what he usually does and used some of my tree lights so I will have to go buy tree lights. Most of the time he does quite well, but it is really scary when he forgets things that he has been doing for years. I quit doing Christmas cards years ago when I was raising 7 kids and working full time.
    Have good day.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Greetings from this Santa’s workshop. All morning long I worked on finding photos and printing them for a year in photos book for my 92 year old mother for Christmas. Sounds easy enough, but I have had trouble finding photos of some family members and wind up scrounging through their FB pages for good ones. I sent out a plea for more just before lunch. Hopefully, I will get some help.

We decided to simplify gifts this year and drew names and are making the gifts. For my son, whose name I got, I am going to make a “Recipes from Mom’s Kitchen” notebook. Of course that is still far from done too. Lots of time at this computer is in my future.

Needless to say, I didn’t move much this morning; I didn’t snack though either as I just kept my head down.

…..then, it was lunch time and I was suddenly quite hungry and still not dressed. My rule is no lunch without being dressed, so I put some leftover chicken scraps in my 45+ year old pressure cooker and went to the bedroom to quickly get dressed for lunch. In 45 years I have NEVER blown the thing up. Well, you can guess what I did today! BANG and there was chicken broth all over the kitchen! I was able to recover enough for two smallish bowls of soup. I am sure DH will be very hungry at supper time.

It sounds like everyone is sort of getting their things done for their own style of holiday celebration. I note we all seem to have cut back a bit on what it is we do.

Like Niki I seem to be rambling today. Sorry. I will do some personals later or tomorrow. It is back to the workshop for me. HO! HO! HO!

AFM: Today was my weighing day and I lost 1.5# this past week. As always I would like more, but I will take it.

December Challenge:

Calories under goal: 8/31
    Salad a day: 8/31
    Exercise: Dismal

Thanks every one of you for being here.
    Barbara
    Mountmary84
  • mountmary84
    Options
    tiny little picture above is me and my two sisters with Mom on her birthday in October.
  • NK1112
    Options
    tiny little picture above is me and my two sisters with Mom on her birthday in October.

Nice picture Barbara ...
  • lleecc
    lleecc Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Here are my Wednesday Wishes...
    1. I want to see the 100s again on my scale, even 199 would be amazing!
    2. I want there to be more tolerance, understanding, and compassion in our world.
    3. I want someone to develop healthy, tasty, no-calorie chocolates.

Happy Hump Day y'all!
  • Rozie1019
    Options
    Today I am eating light because for dinner it's burger king. My mom is having surgery today and I promised to stay the night with her in the hospital and bring her home tomorrow. (Which goes with my wed wish that her surgery goes well) She told me I better bring her burger king or she'll send me home. She's such a hoot! Also eating light because I wayyy over ate on Monday. Trying to balance things out. I went to the park near my moms, a 10 minute drive, and took a good brisk 30 minute walk. It felt great about 5 minutes after I finished. I have always had a problem with my ankle and used to have to wear an air cast when I went walking. I think I need to dig it out again just for a little while. Can't wait for the weekend so I can walk my puppy, technically he's still a puppy. He just turned 2 but he is a mix of large breeds and definitely still has at least 6 more months in the puppy phase. I don't think he'll ever grow out of his puppy face though!

Have a great day!
    Rozie
  • NK1112
    Options
    Wednesday Wish ... I wish I hadn't bought those Quaker Bonnet Buffalo Chips at the store today .... coconut macaroons with chocolate tops, and they are 28g each in size.

They were my dinner and supper tonight instead of the chicken dumpling soup. .... Well, my body must have needed the coconut ... yeah! Right!!
    Niki
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Another long day at work and then a meeting after work so I am exhausted. I will be so happy when these long days end and of course the number of papers I have to deal with has doubled.

Wish-That I can stop rushing around and find the time to enjoy the holiday season.

• mountmary84
    Options
    Hi everyone,

@Kaye Good luck getting all the treats out of the house quickly. You were brave to make them. I hope to you were able to easily replace the “missing” tree lights. LOL Sounds like something my DH would do!

@lleecc good luck getting into onederland! How exciting! Hang in there, it will happen (I wish I spoke from experience, but that would not be a recent truth)

@Rozie I hope your mom’s surgery went well.

@Niki I hope you get that chicken cooked tomorrow. Sounds good; wish I could join you.

@Laurie Good luck with the papers. You teachers just get an extra load about now.

@Mara As Robin said you are a breath of positive fresh air and such a motivation. I am so glad you are here. Another teacher of course…

@ Tom I need another nudge. I didn’t get those Christmas letters out today; worked on Mom’s photo book instead. Maybe tomorrow.

AFM: Just tired from staring at the computer all day. Seem to be doing okay with calorie counts, but of course there are no cookies here either.

December Challenge:

Calories under goal: 9/31
    Salad a day: 8/31
    Exercise: Dismal

Thanks every one of you for being here.
    Barbara
    Mountmary84
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--I feel the same way about just wanting to relax and enjoy the season. In fact, even though I knew it would be a long week, I made plans with my Lake Geneva friend to take the train downtown after work on Friday. We are going to the Chriskindlmart at Daley Plaza first, and then we will just make our way around to see all of the holiday decorations. Finally, we will meet some friends at Butch McGuire's which is a Chicago bar that decorates extensively for Christmas. I thought I might regret making the plans, but so far it's actually keeping me going by giving me something fun to look forward to during this long, tiring week.

@niki--I love macaroons, so I understand how tempting they can be. I agree that the holiday has changed over the years, and sometimes I'm nostalgic for the past. I do have to say though, the one change I actually like is the shift to "Happy Holidays" as a general greeting throughout the season. I know some people think it's wrong and the media has the whole "war on Christmas" campaign every year. However, I love that the season has become more inclusive of all cultures and religions. Of course I still say "Merry Christmas" on the 24th and 25th, but the rest of the season I love including everyone in my greeting. :smiley:

@kaye--ditto on my post to niki regarding peanut brittle.

@rozie--thank goodness your pipes are fixed.

@laura--I remember moving from the 200s into Onederland. I had lost about 45 pounds at that point, but plateaued just above 199 for months! In the back of my mind I kept thinking maybe my body would just refuse to make that move, but I persevered and it was the best feeling ever to see 199 on the scale. I can't wait to celebrate with you when you reach that point!! :smiley:

@barbara--sounds like a lovely gift for your mother.

@kelley--yes, gunner got his walk today and I made it to the gym. Hope you get that cardio session scheduled for later this week.

@tom--I watched Malala Yousafi's acceptance speech today. Such a remarkable young woman!

@lois--yes, I'm also struggling to resist all those little nibbles that add up.

@robin--I'm also sympathizing with those who are getting hit with storms. We have been fortunate that although we got some early snow and cold, it really hasn't been bad here in Chicago. In fact, we will be back up in the mid-40s this weekend. :smile:

AFM--today is one of those days that I really could've used one of those fitbits that tracks flights climbed! I had 3 of my 5 classes in the first floor library classroom working on research projects. Since my office and classroom are upstairs, I was up and down the stairs for that. In addition, my laptop got yet another virus, so I was up and down checking in with technology (on the 1st floor) to see when my computer would be cleaned. Despite all of the stairs, I walked gunner and ran a 5k at the gym.

Tomorrow and Friday my classes are still in the library classroom so it will be more of the same. I'm actually kind of thankful for the added movement.

Another silver lining--not having my laptop meant I got a lot more jpurnals graded. I had my ipad to take attendance and check email, but I couldn't work on any documents to lesson plan. Tomorrow will be a busy day getting all of my prep work done!

Wednesday Wish:
    I don't really have anything for myself, so I'm going to hope for lessened stress moving into the holiday season, plus added strength and resolve to stick to our goals, for all of us.

December All-In:
    Under calorie goal: 10/10 days (goal is 28/31 days)
    Workout: 2/10 (goal is as much as possible)
    8k over Winter Break (not sure what day) in 56 minutes (Thanksgiving 8k was 56:49)

Grading Goals:
    1. 62/66 AP essays
    2. 47/66 AP Journals
    3. 30/60 SL Tests HALF DONE!
    4. x/66 Tone tests

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner DONE
    Mon--meeting
    Tues--meeting
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    @Mountmary - Exploding Pressure Cooker! Oh MY! That is one kitchen accident I have always feared - thank goodness no one was got hurt, but what a mess to clean up- Sorry that had to happen - did you let out a squeak when you heard the bang?
    <3 Big WOOT for your 1.5 LB weight loss, Barbara. <3

@Rozie -Congrats on getting your walk in and also watching your calories to plan for the Burger tonight. Hoping all goes well for your mom's surgery, as well as the whole nite there. Nites sure can be hard and noisy.

@LLeecc - great wishes - seems like you contribute so much already to #2, sweetie! You will defitely get to onederland sooner than you wish! And the no-chocolate chocolates? Hmm, good wish!

@Kaye - mmm. peanut brittle...maybe you can set aside a small amount for yourself to enjoy in January as a reward for being so good this month? I don't know how well that stuff keeps.. Your house must smell dreamy. Oh to be a mouse in the corner of the kitchen this week! OH! Thats my Wednesday Wish!

@Kah - sounds like you're having an exhausting week. Pebbles must have been such a sweetie. I had some pangs when I opened my ornament box. In there was the 18 inch christmas tree I had decorated with felt catnip mice for my cat Betty - she was dumbstruck the year I gave it to her ! She looked up at me with such a quizzical look! Now I have an ornament that looks like her. ( Big sigh....) nice to reminisce with a fellow cat person.
    Shame your Achilles is acting up, Kelley. Just keep plugging away at everything your doing.

@Tom - Interesting - I get a trivia quiz each day and it was about the Nobel Peace Prize - I got it wrong. - Did you know that the Peace Prize is NOT awarded in Stockholm. It is in fact the single and only Nobel awarded in Oslo, Norway. It was specified in his will that the money awards be dispersed in Norwegian countries, so it was split up that way.

Also last week and this week, a elderly U.S. scientist, J.D. Watson, sold his Nobel medal for 4.7 million dollars in an auction. The Russion millionaire who bought the Nobel medal at auction, gave the Nobel medal back to the scientist, and let him keep the auction money. Isn't human generousity amazing?

@Niki - I enjoyed your stroll down memory lane!

@Lois - I'm in the same boat as you - I don't feel ashamed as much as a bit wondering how does time slip away so fast and all my meals tend to get stacked up so late in the day. Also how come they consist of a lot of carbs?
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I survived the day and the party. It helps to be a good experienced cook. It was easy for me to look over the dessert tables and choose 3 samples that I knew would be the best. One wasn't as good as I expected, so didn't eat it.
    In addition to the carrot pudding, I made vanilla fudge and almond toffee today. I got the candy that I made yesterday and Monday packaged up so it is less tempting. Saving some peanut brittle for later would be a good idea if I could be trusted, but I can't! Found out today that Anya loves it, too.
    Barbara, I'm so sorry about the pressure cooker. I've never had that happen, but I can imagine how awful the clean up must have been.
    December challenge: food 10/10, exercise 10/10, water 9/10
    Onward and downward. Kaye