Replies

• jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    I'm in the ewwww category....
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Or you can get really fancy....

a74139e84a203fcfcc4838a3fe38f060.jpg

Who says "I think my sexiest feature is my armpit. I'm gonna accessorize it."?
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    d8m1ydomccma.jpg

Unless this is your thing it shouldn't matter. ;)

• blktngldhrt
    Or you can get really fancy....

a74139e84a203fcfcc4838a3fe38f060.jpg

Who says "I think my sexiest feature is my armpit. I'm gonna accessorize it."?

Wouldn't that be irritating
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    I don't have much hair under my arms, but I still run a razor under there. As for the rest of me, blond body hair or not, it's coming off. I don't like it. On men, I like hair that has been groomed and tamed and removed from shoulders and back. I think men have it worse in a way. Back hair isn't easy to remove without the assistance of a friend.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Go to Europe and then ask me again :)
  • I personally love my bodyhair :smile:
  • ciarotheray
    ciarotheray Posts: 20 Member
    some of these responses...... seriously? how much hair do you think we are even ABLE to grow? And since when does not shaving imply not showering?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    some of these responses...... seriously? how much hair do you think we are even ABLE to grow? And since when does not shaving imply not showering?

Hair traps odor. No one ever said anything about not showering.
  • blktngldhrt
    edited December 2014
    I don't have much hair under my arms, but I still run a razor under there. As for the rest of me, blond body hair or not, it's coming off. I don't like it. On men, I like hair that has been groomed and tamed and removed from shoulders and back. I think men have it worse in a way. Back hair isn't easy to remove without the assistance of a friend.

You're lucky. I was amazed, and slightly jealous, that there are women in here who say they get so little armpit hair that they can tweeze it.

Not all men have a bunch of hair. My boyfriend has hair in all the right places..head, face, armpits, small patch on his chest, and down there. It's sparce everywhere else..including his butt and back.

You probably think men have it worse because you're not a very hairy, or even a dark haired, woman. It's not acceptable, by most people's standards as proven by this thread, for women to have a significant amount of body hair. If I go a day without shaving my legs (it could be literally minutes if I get goosebumps) you can see my dark hair again underneath my pale skin. Men can usually get away with it without much judgement in comparison. I've been made fun of, and I have seen many other women made fun of, for body hair but have never witnessed a male going through the same.

Then again..it's just an opinion.
  • LeenaJean
    LeenaJean Posts: 276 Member
    I find interesting the backlash against shaving (or I should say against other women's preference FOR shaving) by women wearing heavy makeup (again, I love makeup it just seems interesting). Granted this is just judging by avatar and perhaps they don't actually wear it in real life? But if you do wear it, some could consider that a construct much the same as the introduction of shaving to women.

Like others have said not really seeing the backlash against people who shave. I let my hairs get fuzzy but I do shave, I find women who don't shave very attractive though. There is something about the long hair, don't care attitude that makes me say fuk yeah!

I always wear a lot of make up because I have had guys tell me that I am boyish or weird looking without it. One time I was putting on make up and my ex said 'Oh good, Mr. Hyde is going away and now I get Dr. Jekyll... another time I had lost some weight and was feeling good about myself so I thought, I can overcome this insecurity about make up so I didn't wear any that day, a co worker told me I was letting myself go... that's some of the sht that woman have to put up with, I wish I didn't feel the need to wear so much make up but it's too heavily ingrained in me.
  • blktngldhrt

It's not that a lack of shaving implies lack of hygiene. Hair traps odor.

Some women can grow quite a bit of hair..
  • ciarotheray
    ciarotheray Posts: 20 Member
    I dunno, I get just as stinky with or without it. But then I wash my body and it's all okay again.

Personally (in answer with op question) I think body hair is kinda nice ;o) it's grown up and it's animal-y. Maybe it smells slightly, but hey baby, we got a shower!
  • blktngldhrt
    LeenaJean wrote: »
    I find interesting the backlash against shaving (or I should say against other women's preference FOR shaving) by women wearing heavy makeup (again, I love makeup it just seems interesting). Granted this is just judging by avatar and perhaps they don't actually wear it in real life? But if you do wear it, some could consider that a construct much the same as the introduction of shaving to women.

Like others have said not really seeing the backlash against people who shave. I let my hairs get fuzzy but I do shave, I find women who don't shave very attractive though. There is something about the long hair, don't care attitude that makes me say fuk yeah!

I always wear a lot of make up because I have had guys tell me that I am boyish or weird looking without it. One time I was putting on make up and my ex said 'Oh good, Mr. Hyde is going away and now I get Dr. Jekyll... another time I had lost some weight and was feeling good about myself so I thought, I can overcome this insecurity about make up so I didn't wear any that day, a co worker told me I was letting myself go... that's some of the sht that woman have to put up with, I wish I didn't feel the need to wear so much make up but it's too heavily ingrained in me.

Nothing sucks worse than feeling good enough about yourself to skip the makeup and having someone tell you that. :/ I usually get asked if I'm tired or sick. Ditto when I wear my glasses as opposed to contacts.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    I think it's hilarious all the comments that unshaven/natural hair women "smell like XXXX." Like really? I guess you won't have to smell me, since I don't want to be anywhere near that ignorance :p

FTR, I'm crazy pale with black hair. IMO, I look better unshaven, since I get 5 o'clock shadow exactly 12 seconds after shaving anyway. The soft, fuzzy look/feel is more attractive than sandpaper (for me, YMMV). That's what I like my body to look like. And I like others to look like whatever they like for their own bodies :)
  • LeenaJean
    I usually get asked if I'm tired or sick. Ditto when I wear my glasses as opposed to contacts.

I despise people who feel the need to say things like that. It's like cool well those pants make your *kitten* look lumpy but I suppose you probably didn't want to hear that, haha sorry I just have such a hard time with that whole attitude of no dam filter. My husband has done wonders with helping me but I just don't ever see it being any different.

That's why I feel for woman who do grow a lot of body hair or develop early, they could go their whole lives without hearing those negative opinions.

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    :sick:
  • blktngldhrt
    I think it's hilarious all the comments that unshaven/natural hair women "smell like XXXX." Like really? I guess you won't have to smell me, since I don't want to be anywhere near that ignorance :p

FTR, I'm crazy pale with black hair. IMO, I look better unshaven, since I get 5 o'clock shadow exactly 12 seconds after shaving anyway. The soft, fuzzy look/feel is more attractive than sandpaper (for me, YMMV). That's what I like my body to look like. And I like others to look like whatever they like for their own bodies :)

Yess. I hate the sandpaper..and also have pale skin and dark hair. Shaving pretty much does nothing but cause irritation for my legs and bikini area.
  • LeenaJean
    I'm not trying to say you should get rid of the hair at all but just wondering if you guys have tried veet or similar products? They make one specifically for coarse hair.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member

Yess. I hate the sandpaper..and also have pale skin and dark hair. Shaving pretty much does nothing but cause irritation for my legs and bikini area.

OMG, the itching and red bumps, too, right?! Not a sexy look for some of us, lol!