Doing all the right things but my weight won't budge.

Options

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I appreciate you're exercising each day - but where are you getting your calorie burns from?

Are you wearing a HRM?
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I see that you have cleaning, light effort for 360 minutes as a 1000 calorie burn. If that is a normal part of your week, I wouldn't be logging it as exercise. Sure all movement adds up, but I'd not be logging it.
  • SoSusieQ
    SoSusieQ Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi Quasita, Sorry what do you mean by TDEE ? The exercise tracking I do is with MFP. I burn a day only 350 to 500 at the very most. I think one day I did about 8 hours of housework which did rate as much as 1000 calories. I don't eat back my calories I am pretty sure I am not miscalculating. I eat a little bit more once a week and it might be 1500 but that is only once a week. And when I first started dieting with WW I didn't exercise at all and still lost weight every week! And I have lost over 30kg already. But thank you for that info, I suspect it has something to do with the menopause.
  • SoSusieQ
    Options
    HI Laurend224 No, that is not a normal day for me that was a spring clean...lol. But yeah, I get the point. Cheers
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    FYI if you meant 82 cals of white rice, that's 1/8 of a cup, raw, or about 24g raw.

Check out this post about logging accurately, and please read the stickies at the top of the forum as well:

Logging Accurately: A step by step guide
  • njmark72
    njmark72 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi Susie... Obviously MFPs calculation on house work is a little off. Here's the deal. You should stick to 1300 calories and do not eat any additional exercise calories you gain. See where that takes you.
  • SoSusieQ
    Options
    HI MrM27, But what is a TDEE? I lost a lot of weight with Weight Watchers International, I lost 15 kilos in a year. I didn't have too many loggings errors, I lost a consistent amount of weight each week.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
    TDEE = total daily energy expenditure
  • SoSusieQ
    Options
    Thanks Lauenend224 thats what I wanted to know
  • SoSusieQ
    Options
    Thanks njMark7s, good advice :)
  • SoSusieQ
    Options
    MrM27, I am 77.5 kilo and 159 cm
  • SoSusieQ
    Options
    Mrm27, Yes that's what I think! Might have something to do with the change of life. I did have anorexia nervosa when I was 14 to the age of 18 and sometimes, I think I might have mucked up my metabolism somehow. But that is just a theory. Thanks
  • SoSusieQ
    Options
    JanelR36, Yes 82 cals for the rice is 1/3 of a cup (cooked), and as far as I know I am logging correctly. But thanks for the link it is interesting :)
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'd be careful "mixing and matching" weight watchers and calorie counting. They aren't the same thing and calorie counting needs consistency I'm afraid. After all it only takes an extra 100 kcals a day to gain nearly a stone in a year!!

Also ditch the measuring cups and use a digital food scale, cups can be really inaccurate!

Good luck!
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    My question was more, how do you know you're in a deficit if you don't know what your TDEE is? "I feel I am in a deficit" is not nearly the same thing as knowing you are.

Based on your numbers, using a typical calculator, you are eating approximately an average person of your age/weight/height who works out 5 days a week's basal metabolic rate. Meaning you are actually undereating. You don't have to eat back your exercise calories, but you do need to give your body the fuel it needs to support the life you are living. Assuming that your work out is 300 calories or so, you would need to eat around 1600 calories give or take.

If you had acute anorexia nervosa as an adolescent, it leaves you at high risk of perpetuating those behaviors throughout life, while considering them normal. The average anorexia patient affects their metabolic process permanently, to a level where to maintain their body moving forward, they tend to need higher levels of calories than most average people.

Have you ever tried increasing your calories modestly? Are you always trying to cut, rather than considering that maybe you aren't eating enough for your activity habits? The closer you get to goal, the more accurate you have to be about these things... It's time to stop explaining the why and how of every suggestion, and actually consider a real change to YOUR habits, rather than looking for an excuse outside of your control.

Just my two cents, from another ED recovery patient to another.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Accepting that you logging may not be correct might be the first step to achieving your goal.

^This.

I don't care how much your metabolism is messed up. You body requires a certain amount of energy to survivie. If you were truly eating only 1300 calories per day while also exercising then you should be losing weight.