How bad is it to do weight machines 2 days in a row?

Replies

• IndianCat3
    IndianCat3 Posts: 158 Member

She actually said you "shouldn't" Not can't
    IndianCat3 wrote: »
    you should not work the same muscle group two days in a row, doesn't matter what machine you are using. Just don't work the same muscle group two days in a row.

Touche with "shouldn't". See follow up sentence. But, at this point we're going to argue semantics and I don't care so I'll just wrap it up.

It's entirely possible to train back to back without injury and still get stronger. In the case of the OP, not applicable anyway. To answer original question... lifting light weight back to back will not hurt or hinder them.

Suffice?

100% agreed.

Plus she can't take any advice so have at her. I tried and she's going to dig her own grave all by herself.
    U only agreed bcuz u can't handle the heat
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Never said it wasn't imposs, said he shouldn't

The OP said he was going to do a FULL BODY workout. Unless you are advising that he flat out doesn't work out the next day, it's impossible NOT to work out the same body parts 2 days in a row.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    I stand by what I said....

Please enlighten us on yet another topic you have no knowledge on.

I'll give u something to enlighten you on..DONT SKIP LEG DAY!!

Good thing LolBroScience squats 4 times a week.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    u muscle heads need to stay off that juice!!!

Incorrect blanket statements, derogatory name calling, stereotyping and attempted body bashing.

Pretty amazing.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    I stand by what I said....

Please enlighten us on yet another topic you have no knowledge on.

I'll give u something to enlighten you on..DONT SKIP LEG DAY!!

mmm... k. Don't really feel like posting pics to make you look like even more of a fool, but I'll oblige if you want...
  • IndianCat3
    Ppl gonna do what they wanna do, go head and do legs two days in a row, chest two days n a row, shoulders two days in a row..then take a rest day, because ur bi, tri, back and abs will get neglected..go right on ahead
  • JeffseekingV

you should not work the same muscle group two days in a row, doesn't matter what machine you are using. Just don't work the same muscle group two days in a row.

Touche with "shouldn't". See follow up sentence. But, at this point we're going to argue semantics and I don't care so I'll just wrap it up.

It's entirely possible to train back to back without injury and still get stronger. In the case of the OP, not applicable anyway. To answer original question... lifting light weight back to back will not hurt or hinder them.

Suffice?

100% agreed.

Plus she can't take any advice so have at her. I tried and she's going to dig her own grave all by herself.

LOL! I tried to stand up for you in the beginning. I put myself out there a bit in your behalf. He's right and you're wrong in the context of the OP's post. You're just looking like a bitter scolded child grasping at straws here.

I ASKED you to reply twice to my posts but you just ignored them. Have fun because these two know more than you, are much more experienced than you and aren't afraid to tell you that. See ya, wouldn't want to be ya.
  • JeffseekingV
    Ppl gonna do what they wanna do, go head and do legs two days in a row, chest two days n a row, shoulders two days in a row..then take a rest day, because ur bi, tri, back and abs will get neglected..go right on ahead

The OP said he was going to do a FULL BODY workout. Unless you are advising that he flat out doesn't work out the next day, it's impossible NOT to work out the same body parts 2 days in a row.
  • IndianCat3

Suffice?

100% agreed.

LOL! I tried to stand up for you in the beginning. I put myself out there a bit in your behalf. He's right and you're wrong in the context of the OP's post. You're just looking like a bitter scolded child grasping at straws here.

I ASKED you to reply twice to my posts but you just ignored them. Have fun because these two know more than you, are much more experienced than you and aren't afraid to tell you that. See ya, wouldn't want to be ya.

Dueces✌️✌️✌️✌️
  • JeffseekingV

• Wronkletoad
    Wronkletoad Posts: 368 Member
    lolz. "chest day".
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member

Biceps and triceps get hit on chest and back days without isolation work. If you are doing compound lifts correctly and bracing your core you'll hit abs. I don't isolate abs, zero need for me to.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    edited December 2014
  • IndianCat3
    skullshank wrote: »

A split is a better choice
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member

if your tris are feeling neglected after shoulders and chest, youre doing it wrong.
  • IndianCat3

if your tris are feeling neglected after shoulders and chest, youre doing it wrong.

U guys are missing the point..
  • JeffseekingV

U guys are missing the point..

Girl you are missing the BOAT. 2 snaps
  • IndianCat3
    edited December 2014

"Girl you are missing the BOAT. 2 snaps"

Now that made me laugh lol
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    I think where/how you feel fatigued can be different for some exercises on a machine vs free weights. For example, when I bench press on my machine for 10-12 reps, my arms can't really push the bar anymore once I'm done, but I'm not sure that my triceps are actually getting stimulated by that movement. In contrast, just recently I did a dumbbell bench press with much lighter weight for 35 reps. I didn't have the same fatigue in my arms, but I definitely felt more soreness in my triceps the next day than when I use the machine.