Starting Insanity Max 30 December 15th

Options

Replies

• cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Wow you guys are scaring me. I'm supposed to get my DVD set today, if so I'll start tomorrow. I have done a lot of Jillian Michaels including body revolution, as well as Insanity, Turbofire, p90x, Brazilian butt lift and T25. T25 wasn't as challenging as I'd hoped and as a busy mom now I am really trying to stick to 30 min workouts. So I'm both looking forward to and dreading this!

So when you max out you rest for a bit then get back to it?
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    cutmd wrote: »
    Wow you guys are scaring me. I'm supposed to get my DVD set today, if so I'll start tomorrow. I have done a lot of Jillian Michaels including body revolution, as well as Insanity, Turbofire, p90x, Brazilian butt lift and T25. T25 wasn't as challenging as I'd hoped and as a busy mom now I am really trying to stick to 30 min workouts. So I'm both looking forward to and dreading this!

So when you max out you rest for a bit then get back to it?

When I max out, I write down my time, take a few breathes and then try to jump back in as soon as I can. So maybe a 10-15 second rest. Sometimes I'll grab a sip of water.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Friday Fight...I was pooped around 12 but found the moves more fun that yesterday's. If I don't enjoy most of them, I tend to not want to come back. I like punches, kicking, etc. and the end move, the abs, you can only get better. I think I'll do my Breathless Body DVD tomorrow..she does 20, 30 or 40 seconds (depending on dvd) of tabata moves and shows you 3 levels. No matter how hard, I need more than 30 min a couple of days a week. After 50 year old, 30 was minimum. I plan on eating well a few days this month, so a little extra will be needed. ; )
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I really pushed myself today!! I maxed out at 19:11 on Tabata power. So frigging proud of myself,I kept saying don't stop but the abs section with the L holds and scissor abs did me in lol. Tomorrow I have Friday night fight, so.....yeah based on review, I'm definitely not maxing out that high tomorrow LOL, I'll try though!
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    lingo10 wrote: »
    I really pushed myself today!! I maxed out at 19:11 on Tabata power. So frigging proud of myself,I kept saying don't stop but the abs section with the L holds and scissor abs did me in lol. Tomorrow I have Friday night fight, so.....yeah based on review, I'm definitely not maxing out that high tomorrow LOL, I'll try though!

Awesome job!
  • debraran1
    Options
    WTG, you'll have good days and not so good, but I know you'll see improvement day by day.
  • periwinklesilvermist
    Options
    Hey my dears. I am starting Insanity Max 30 today and I was looking for some reviews to help me understand the results you would get. Found this very useful.
    http://howdoigetripped.com/does-insanity-max30-work-workout-reviews-running-list/
    I did T25 in the past (only alpha and half of the beta) but the results were not satisfying (i must also say i did not follow the meal plan but a 1200 cal diet). What are you guys doing with the food while on Max 30?
  • debraran1
    Options
    I look for new ideas in meals but pretty much do what is "normal" for me. If I lose weight with a food menu that is nothing like I normally eat, I'll put it back on later. So I make better choices, eat less of the "not as good" food and leave myself indulgent days to make my Italian mom happy, especially at the holiday's.
    I put on a few pounds initially with Max, then lost it and one pound extra. T25, I stayed the same, being close to my goal, which was okay but I needed something a little more. He repeated too much with that I felt in cardio.

I'm debating doing an old DVD today or doing Cardio Challenge again or jumping to Month 2 Cardio to see how it goes. (My ADD brain with exercise) :)

I think you will see results and they will be "yours". Someone who is younger, older, has different weight to lose, different metabolism, they all will have different numbers. You will learn if it gives you the results you seek after a few weeks. Either way, your heart will be getting a great workout and you'll learn a little about yourself too.
  • klmab9
    klmab9 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Mine is on its way!!! I can't wait to start and I'm happy this thread exists!
  • debraran1
    Options
    I LOVED the second month cardio Max Out Cardio! I felt funny jumping ahead but he jokes in the beginning, You might be on your second month or just looking for another challenge" It had moves I had done before in tabata workouts but I liked them, basketball, oblique runs, punch/jump moves. I maxed out at water breaks so it worked out well. ; )
    Tough but not a "dread factor".
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 1 with Pulse! I'm loving this so far!!! I'm so glad they've moved to the 30 minute time frame for their workouts!! :smile:
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Just finished week 1 with Pulse! I'm loving this so far!!! I'm so glad they've moved to the 30 minute time frame for their workouts!! :smile:

@Altruista75‌ - I thought about doing Pulse today, but I did a 30 minute TRX workout instead. How did you like it?
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    Hey my dears. I am starting Insanity Max 30 today and I was looking for some reviews to help me understand the results you would get. Found this very useful.
    http://howdoigetripped.com/does-insanity-max30-work-workout-reviews-running-list/
    I did T25 in the past (only alpha and half of the beta) but the results were not satisfying (i must also say i did not follow the meal plan but a 1200 cal diet). What are you guys doing with the food while on Max 30?

@periwinklesilvermist‌ I do the TDEE method. I've never followed the eating plan with any of the beachbody programs and I've always lost weight just fine.
  • lingo10
    Options
    Took my rest day today and pushed friday night fight round 1 for tomorrow. Then ill either rest again or do pulse, then its week 2.
  • freckles2002
    freckles2002 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi all, received my max 30 on friday so will officially be starting tomorrow,Monday 22 dec.. Couldnt resist trying out the first 2 workkkouts yesterday and today which were cardio chall.lenge and tabata power. Loved both these workouts. I can tell Im going to love this program!
  • debraran1
    Options
    I skipped ahead a bit and really love the second half even more, not much longer in duration but some new moves, different combos. I think I'll try abs before the workout next time and see how I do refreshed, doing it after is tough. ; )
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Officially starting tomorrow!! I've done all the workouts at least once, and looking for a big transformation since I'm going to pay attention to the nutritional guide too! Doing a video diary to document the journey.

Add me if you want!!!
  • lingo10
    Options
    Took the 2nd rest day instead of pulse, friday fight later today when I reach home then tmrw begins week 2. :) busy time which after today i will become less busy, so more accountability.
  • jdhcm2006
    Options
    I made it through all of Cardio Challenge today. I'm very happy. I was just hoping to make it past 17 minutes.
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Cardio Challenge, Maxed Out at 7:16.....not happy with that, but something to build on....camera didn't last for 30 minutes so I don't have a video....just jumped back in after I maxed and kept on plugging away.

My shoulder keeps me from doing the in and out shoulder taps (left shoulder surgery less than 2 months ago).