Is it an issue if I simply don't want to jog?

Options

Replies

• htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    ashmeg84 wrote: »
    Sure you don't have to run, just know you will have to work much harder cardio wise.

OK, explain this please

Why do I need to work harder than 20 mins elliptical with resistance at 15/16 out of 26 keeping HR at 150-165 which is my general cardio. What does jogging bring that current cardio work isn't?

Runners always like to think that they know everything there is to know about cardio - and that they work the hardest. It's B.S.

Hey! Not all runners! o:)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    ew running. Hate. Don't do.

Bust sometimes I DO feeling like running, so I do it. I'm an adult. I love making my own decisions.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    htimpaired wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Sure you don't have to run, just know you will have to work much harder cardio wise.

OK, explain this please

Why do I need to work harder than 20 mins elliptical with resistance at 15/16 out of 26 keeping HR at 150-165 which is my general cardio. What does jogging bring that current cardio work isn't?

Runners always like to think that they know everything there is to know about cardio - and that they work the hardest. It's B.S.

Hey! Not all runners! o:)

I know, I was overgeneralizing. Some runners that I know. Not all though :)
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    kyta32 wrote: »

false...steady state does not superseed HiiT cardio in cals burned (and even less time)

Jogging does not have to be steady state. I use intervals, as do many joggers/runners.

It's been many years since I did cross country in school but I do remember that most of the practices were some version of an interval. Jog for x long, skip rope while jogging for x long, run for x long.

I really don't pay much mind to people out jogging or running unless they are approaching the same intersection as me, then I will wait for them so they don't have to break their stride. I haven't really noticed many people shifting speeds.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    runner475 wrote: »
    AglaeaC wrote: »
    I actually don't have sour grapes at all. I also have nothing against running. I enjoyed it. I enjoy other forms of cardio, too. Of which there are many.

Looks like you don't know the story. Fox never owned grapes because he couldn't reach the branch. So he advised everyone passing by "Don't eat them. They are sour".

Woman, you can't generalize the entire community and call them "BS" if you want people to take your advice seriously and assume you speak with some gray matter.

Girl crush...

Bwahahahaha .... I almost fell off the chair. Crush for Crossfitter. No thanks.

I see where you are going - probably my profile pic. That's me and my daughter. Ha Ha Ha Ha

And, so it goes.

I never attacked running as a sport. Ever. But, by all means, attack my sport. That's cool.
    You need to re-read my comments again.
    Attack your sport?!! Who attacked Crossfit? Show me where you found me saying anything negative about Crossfit. I'm talking about "No Thanks on Crush for Crossfitter."

"That's not conclusion. It's my experience"

So in future just advice people of what you are good at rather than pointing fingers at things you don't do and conclude by saying "BS".
    Looks like you have too much free time in your hands to spin words around.
  • runner475
    Options
    I actually don't have sour grapes at all. I also have nothing against running. I enjoyed it. I enjoy other forms of cardio, too. Of which there are many.

Looks like you don't know the story. Fox never owned grapes because he couldn't reach the branch. So he advised everyone passing by "Don't eat them. They are sour".

Woman, you can't generalize the entire community and call them "BS" if you want people to take your advice seriously and assume you speak with some gray matter.

Girl crush...

I see where you are going - probably my profile pic. That's me and my daughter. Ha Ha Ha Ha

I didn't see your reply earlier, runner475. I already responded in another sub-thread what I meant. The way you seem to have interpreted my comment wasn't at all how it was intended.

I certainly didn't mean for rude comments to be made ("Crush for Crossfitter. No thanks."), as Minx and I are friends.

It's not cool to look down on the efforts of others, no matter what they are, and I hope the topic could get back on track.

YEAH! Misunderstanding.
  • PRMinx
    edited December 2014
    Options

Girl crush...

And, so it goes.

I never attacked running as a sport. Ever. But, by all means, attack my sport. That's cool.
    Attack your sport?!! Who attacked Crossfit? Show me where you found me saying anything negative about Crossfit. I'm talking about "No Thanks on Crush for Crossfitter."

So in future just advice people of what you are good at rather than pointing fingers at things you don't do and conclude by saying "BS".

I'm not spinning words. I never once said running was "BS." Reading comprehension fail.

And I'm pretty sure no one is going to believe that your CrossFit quip wasn't a jab at CrossFit. Obvious is obvious.

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Girl crush...

And, so it goes.

I'm not spinning words. I never once said running was "BS." Reading comprehension fail.

For a 2nd time. It's already been pointed out that not only did you not call running BS, but that you yourself do it. LOL.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Girl crush...

And, so it goes.

For a 2nd time. It's already been pointed out that not only did you not call running BS, but that you yourself do it. LOL.

Thank you. I was starting to think I hallucinated or something ;)
  • kyta32
    kyta32 Posts: 670 Member
    Options

false...steady state does not superseed HiiT cardio in cals burned (and even less time)

Jogging does not have to be steady state. I use intervals, as do many joggers/runners.

But are you doing High Intensity intervals? Many joggers and runners may pace themselves, but they aren't typically doing HIIT. That'd be more sprinters.

Does pushing yourself until you feel like you're about to pass out, your lungs are buring, and you see stars count as HIIT? 1 min hard, 30 secs harder, 1 min 30 recovery jog x8...
  • kyta32
    kyta32 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    sheepotato wrote: »

It's been many years since I did cross country in school but I do remember that most of the practices were some version of an interval. Jog for x long, skip rope while jogging for x long, run for x long.

I really don't pay much mind to people out jogging or running unless they are approaching the same intersection as me, then I will wait for them so they don't have to break their stride. I haven't really noticed many people shifting speeds.

Intervals are all the rage...There's loads of articles on them on the internet.
  • PikaKnight
    edited December 2014
    Options

But are you doing High Intensity intervals? Many joggers and runners may pace themselves, but they aren't typically doing HIIT. That'd be more sprinters.

Does pushing yourself until you feel like you're about to pass out, your lungs are buring, and you see stars count as HIIT? 1 min hard, 30 secs harder, 1 min 30 recovery jog x8...

Then wouldn't that be sprinting, not running or jogging (even though you are jogging during your down time)?
  • runner475
    edited December 2014
    Options

Girl crush...

And, so it goes.

And I'm pretty sure no one is going to believe that your CrossFit quip wasn't a jab at CrossFit. Obvious is obvious.

So can I safely and with full confidence in you declare here on MFP that PRMinx henceforth will comment only and only what she is good at and the activities she performs regularly.

She'll refrain from talking and passing comments on those she does not practice and leave it upto experts of that sport.

• PRMinx
    Options

Girl crush...

And, so it goes.

So can I safely and with full confidence in you declare here on MFP that PRMinx henceforth with comment only and only what she is good at and the activities she performs regularly.

She'll refrain from talking and passing comments on those she does not practice and leave it upto experts of that sport.

What are you even talking about?

I will comment on what I want to comment on. Get over yourself. Seriously.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Girl crush...

And, so it goes.

So can I safely and with full confidence in you declare here on MFP that PRMinx henceforth with comment only and only what she is good at and the activities she performs regularly.

What? That didn't really make any sense.

I think you should just stop.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I love running - used to be a track and field athlete. I just don't like running for the sake of just running. Basketball, tennis, volleyball, soccer - I'll run all over the place. Jogging/running for the sake of burning calories - I'm not doing that.
  • runner475
    Options

Girl crush...

And, so it goes.

Ohh!! Well ! People stop writing sensible comments after being falsely accused. This is the result of that.

• PikaKnight
    Options

Girl crush...

And, so it goes.

Ohh!! Well ! People stop writing sensible comments after being falsely accused. This is the result of that.

You "falsely" accused PRMinx about saying something she didn't but she managed to remain comprehensible. *shrugs*
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    WTF is going on in here??
  • PRMinx
    Options

Girl crush...

And, so it goes.

Are you really saying that you are so upset by my post that you have lost your ability to communicate sensibly?

If that is the case, then perhaps you should reconsider participating in the forums. This is nothing compared to some other threads.