What's your biggest weight loss / fitness pet peeve?

Options
1323334353638»

Replies

• 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    One word summarises my biggest pet peeve - "cleanses"

I had a cleanse this morning. Took a shower, washed my hair.
  • dorothyrobbins9
    dorothyrobbins9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So many....
    1. A lot of people tell me I don't eat "real" food. So many times when someone sees the food I eat they say its "fake". I guess to many people fruits and veggies don't count as food :\
    2. Also people saying I'm lucky to be thin not realizing how hard I've worked and continue to work on myself. Or telling me I'm "crazy" or "psycho" for all the hiking I do.
    3. Also I hate how people get into a contest to see who can eat the least. All the women I know do this and its infuriating especially if we go out to eat.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Band-Aids in the swimming pool.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options

EWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *shudder*

As gross as what you're actually dealing with in a pool REALLY is (seriously, if you love swimming, don't ask) I don't know why this yucks me out so much, but I'm totally with you on that one.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

I wish that was the worst thing I ever found in a pool. I found a turd once in a hotel pool. I was like, "That looks like...it can't be - No, it...Oh, my god! It is!"

I know those pools are checked late at night and this was early in the morning, so did some drunk just poop in the pool? I do not know. Grody to the max.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options

EWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *shudder*

As gross as what you're actually dealing with in a pool REALLY is (seriously, if you love swimming, don't ask) I don't know why this yucks me out so much, but I'm totally with you on that one.

Ugh, all the things in the swimming pool, including but not limited to opaque viscous fluids that are not killed off by the chlorine, people who smell of sausages and/or strong perfume, teenaged boys who stay by the jets for suspiciously long amounts of time..

I mean, swimming feels good etc., but if I let myself think about it too much, I have to work to restrain a gag reflex.

Although, I don't feel that way about swimming in the ocean, and I for sure have seen turds and worse floating in that, never mind the pollution.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    People who drone on about the squat rack or squatting. I get it. You squat. Squatting exists. It's a thing. I know.

Also form snobs. I read someone post once that you shouldn't deadlift unless you have perfect form. OK. You shouldn't perform an exercise unless you're PERFECT at it. PERFECT. First off, no one is perfect. There are people who train for years. Pretty much only train. Do nothing but train. Then they go to the Olympics. 9.3. 8.9. 7.5. Sorry loser. You weren't perfect so you should stop training. Second, so I need to be perfect to deadlift. OK, so I better practice my deadlift so I can get to be perfect at it. But I can't deadlift unless I'm perfect so I can't practice my deadlift so I can try to be perfect. But I want to deadlift still. I need to be perfect to do that. Sooooo I should practice. But I can't because I can't practice the movement because I'm not perfect so... Yeah. Anyways, bottom line. Form snobs are bad. I mean should it really be that hard to, ya know, move?

I hate that too

A very good trainer told me your form only has to be good enough to prevent injury.

Any form is better than NO form (ie, NOT doing the lift)

So get out there and do it, perfect or not, my form is terrible I am sure i look like a newb all day but I dont care :)

LOL_ yeah- that whol eit has to be "perfect" before you do it thing.. I can't.

1.) how do you get better at it? By doing it

2.) side peeve- you aren't strong enough to do XXXX.

wait- so you want me to do leg press- because I'm not strong enough to squat..... or DL... WUT?

no- that's how you get stronger at doing the thing.

sure accessories help- but the only way to get better at doing XXXX is do DO. XXXXX>
  • GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    So many....
    1. A lot of people tell me I don't eat "real" food. So many times when someone sees the food I eat they say its "fake". I guess to many people fruits and veggies don't count as food :\
    2. Also people saying I'm lucky to be thin not realizing how hard I've worked and continue to work on myself. Or telling me I'm "crazy" or "psycho" for all the hiking I do.
    3. Also I hate how people get into a contest to see who can eat the least. All the women I know do this and its infuriating especially if we go out to eat.

I did not know any of these (except 2) were a thing. I hope I never meet these people.
  • Phill2488
    Phill2488 Posts: 97 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    When people say that diet soda's cause weight gain. Most diet soda's contain zero calories, and it's impossible to gain weight with zero calories. The people who gained weight drinking diet soda's were still eating too much
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    "Cheat" days; illegal food/bad food :#
  • votick
    votick Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    "Why are you obsessing over your weight you look fine."
  • gin_fb33
    Options
    lothquendi wrote: »
    "I tried using MyFitnessPal, it didn't work for me."

I've heard this so many times. The app works fine. You aren't working.

Or the other side of that, I can't use it because I don't understand how it works. What is there to understand? You type in the food you're looking for, you select the proper amount and hit submit.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »

No, you're just taking what you want from what was said. Their point was that if I say "Lead weighs more than feathers" you wouldn't fuss about "only by volume!" It's beyond obvious that a pound of feathers will have much greater volume than a pound of lead and that equal amounts of the two, by volume, will not weigh the same.

To say, "Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat because a pound of muscle and a pound of fat weigh the same" is indeed a true statement. However, it's also so blatantly obvious and so incredibly far away from the point of "muscle weighs more than fat" that it makes you sound ridiculously silly.
    You're completely right, a pound of lead weighs more than a pound feathers. Thanks for educating me.

Again, no one has made that claim.
    If you have an intelligent response, make it known. Otherwise, making false claims about what we're saying only delegitimizes your own argument.

what you're saying or what you are implying with an assumption that your audience will fill in the rest of your sentence?

I think the difference between statement and implication is what "smaht guy" Carlos is missing. ;)
  • dbmata
    Options

Poster stated that a pound of feathers is lighter than a pound of lead, and that it's perfectly valid.

Where I come from, that's called stupid. However, now that I live in the pac northwest, I'll go with it.

Bigfoot is real.

No, you're just taking what you want from what was said. Their point was that if I say "Lead weighs more than feathers" you wouldn't fuss about "only by volume!" It's beyond obvious that a pound of feathers will have much greater volume than a pound of lead and that equal amounts of the two, by volume, will not weigh the same.

To say, "Muscle doesn't weigh more than fat because a pound of muscle and a pound of fat weigh the same" is indeed a true statement. However, it's also so blatantly obvious and so incredibly far away from the point of "muscle weighs more than fat" that it makes you sound ridiculously silly.
    You're completely right, a pound of lead weighs more than a pound feathers. Thanks for educating me. gg. gj.

One pound of gold weighs 373.24 grams but one pound of feathers weighs 453.59 grams. So a pound of feathers weighs more than a pound of gold. But one ounce of gold weighs 31.1 grams and one ounce of feathers weigh 28.35 grams. So one ounce of gold weighs more than one ounce of feathers. ;)

#troyweighttrolling

I was honestly hoping someone was going to bring up troy, or a case where a pound is not a pound. lol. I almost mentioned silver, just to see if that was enough bait out. lol.
  • dbmata
    Options
    I think my big one right now, because I bit someone's head off about it last night, "Oh you shouldn't deadlift, that's dangerous, you should use a nautilus."

Last night's response to that was both fueled by ham and a sense of it's Christmas, so you deserve a gift for being so dumb. It is not appropriate to write here. It involved indictments against their family with multiple allegations leveled of buggery, bestiality, incest, and engaging in the business of haberdashery.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    People saying they are going to lose the weight then go on to get even fatter.