GIRL WEIGHTTRAINING

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    no sense hashing this out now- it's done- it took this long- but it's done- we've got a better understanding and we are moving forward.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Lofteren wrote: »
    sheepotato wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    you can get pretty much what you need here and via the internet- you don't need a food plan from a trainer.

So dont i need a very limited food plan ?
    No i'm asking this because i've found on internet a personal trainer who said that you must track every single little meal...but i think this can become a a sort of mental illness :\

Everyone who uses this site tracks or has tracked their food. It's only the people that already have mental illnesses that have trouble with obsessing over tracking. If you have a healthy relationship with food, it's just a tool. If it becomes more, take a break from it.
    I've already tried to track my food but how can i know how many calories have got, for example lasagne, got ? it's a meal made by a lot of ingredients

The easiest way is to eat simpler foods. You can build a recipe on here if you really want lasagna though.

OP, it is easier to eat simpler food like Loft says. However, it can get boring fast.
    There's a recipe builder on the site, it takes a little getting used to but you would just add all of the ingredients and their amounts into the builder and log it that way.
    It's definitely time consuming at first but once you get used to it, the recipe builder and logging in general goes quicker.

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    603reader wrote: »
    you can get pretty much what you need here and via the internet- you don't need a food plan from a trainer.

So dont i need a very limited food plan ?
    No i'm asking this because i've found on internet a personal trainer who said that you must track every single little meal...but i think this can become a a sort of mental illness :\
    I log and track every bite of food that goes in my mouth...yup: Totally mentally ill, here. I'm a complete lunatic. *eye roll*

Do you ever read entire threads before making posts like this?

I think that one is just looking for an easy target to make jabs at. Mission accomplished.

i really sorry i didnt want ti offend someone...i've only wanted to say that it could be an obsession :(
    Don't worry about offending someone. You were being made sport of, ineffectively and inappropriately.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Is this thread still a thing?

Sure. And the OP has started asking some more pointed questions and seems to be catching on. Is that an issue?

No, but taking 6 pages to get to the point where you can ask simple questions might be indicative of a problem.

OP doesn't speak English fluently. Also, some people don't really even know where to start when asking questions regarding fitness and nutrition. Not to mention she had to sift through lots of sarcastic replies which she took to heart because of the language barrier and probably spent two pages of posts apologizing for offending people because of misinterpreting what people were saying.

If you had read through those pages of bullsiht you would see me giving advice to OP. Don't assume I'm just coming into this thread talking trash out of nowhere. Also, when I ask about this thread still going on, don't assume that I am blaming the shenanigans on the OP. You are making a lot of assumptions upon which to place your justification that happen to be incorrect.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options

Sure. And the OP has started asking some more pointed questions and seems to be catching on. Is that an issue?

No, but taking 6 pages to get to the point where you can ask simple questions might be indicative of a problem.

OP doesn't speak English fluently. Also, some people don't really even know where to start when asking questions regarding fitness and nutrition. Not to mention she had to sift through lots of sarcastic replies which she took to heart because of the language barrier and probably spent two pages of posts apologizing for offending people because of misinterpreting what people were saying.

If you had read through those pages of bullsiht you would see me giving advice to OP. Don't assume I'm just coming into this thread talking trash out of nowhere. Also, when I ask about this thread still going on, don't assume that I am blaming the shenanigans on the OP. You are making a lot of assumptions upon which to place your justification that happen to be incorrect.

I read through the whole thread.

Here are your posts:

1:
    This thread is hilarious.

2:
    Don't worry OP, you won't get 'bulky' or low bodyfat by accident!

So do you mean it takes time ?

and an enormous amount of work.

I've been actively working on getting what is conventionally known as "bulky" for going on 2 years. still not bulky.

<sad face>

It also takes an amount of androgens that is difficult for women to obtain with administration of exogenous male hormones. Most women cannot get bulky even if that is their goal unless they are bulky due to obesity. Building muscle is difficult, even for men.

3:
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Only to show you what it mean for bulky:
    Modern-Woman-Strength-Training-Guide-Review.jpg

This for me is already bulky.

Then you just have unrealistic ideas of what people look like. That woman doesn't really exhibit much hypertrophy at all.

Then you asked if this was still a thing. And the first piece of actual, useable advice for the OP was about eating simpler foods.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

I actually have read everything that's been posted in this thread but alrighty then.

I also never accused you of anything. Guess I'm not the only one jumping to conclusions.

• dbmata
    Options
    it's getting salty up in herrrrrr.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

I read through the whole thread.

Here are your posts:

1:
    This thread is hilarious.

2:
    Don't worry OP, you won't get 'bulky' or low bodyfat by accident!

So do you mean it takes time ?

and an enormous amount of work.

I've been actively working on getting what is conventionally known as "bulky" for going on 2 years. still not bulky.

<sad face>

It also takes an amount of androgens that is difficult for women to obtain with administration of exogenous male hormones. Most women cannot get bulky even if that is their goal unless they are bulky due to obesity. Building muscle is difficult, even for men.

3:
    Only to show you what it mean for bulky:
    Modern-Woman-Strength-Training-Guide-Review.jpg

This for me is already bulky.

Then you just have unrealistic ideas of what people look like. That woman doesn't really exhibit much hypertrophy at all.

Then you asked if this was still a thing. And the first piece of actual, useable advice for the OP was about eating simpler foods.

You took the time to do this. Really?
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options

Why Not? I thought she did a terrific job.
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options
    runner475 wrote: »

Why Not? I thought she did a terrific job.

Also, it took me less than 5 minutes.
  • BelieveInSuccessfulLife
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I'm really sorry to cause this bad situations :(

for tomorrow i will track my normal calories and let you know :)
    I really thank people who give me advises and who have helped me :) after dinner i will read another time this thread and the links you have posted:)
    See you tomorrow <3

EDIT: Tomorrow i will post a photo :)
  • lishie_rebooted
    Options

I really thank people who give me advises :) after dinner i will read another time this thread and the links you have posted:)
    See you tomorrow <3

No need to apologize.
    Good luck!
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

I really thank people who give me advises :) after dinner i will read another time this thread and the links you have posted:)
    See you tomorrow <3

Good Luck to you OP. You actually helped frogs of the well help realize today there is a world outside the well.
    No need to apologize.
  • dbmata
    Options
    help help wut whoa?

we got a double help up in here.
  • JessMcD86
    Options
    Wow I kind of enjoyed reading this thread. Some helpful advice. I might just add my 2 cents OP- I personally have a goal as to what my body can do rather than what it looks like. Hard work to help me reach my NSV, weightloss/muscle gain is a side effect to me. Why do we need to focus on a reaching a particular body type? Our bodies will pretty much do what it wants, drop fat where ever it wants, gain muscle where ever it wants (obviously there are some factors like protein/fat intake) but we are limited to our genetics to a point. Like me, I have a tendency to gain muscle on my arms and shoulders but always keep weight on my mid section - I will never get that flat pancake stomach unless I go crazy on limiting my calories - but I like food too much....mmmmm food.

But lift! It feels great! :smiley:
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    summarizing:

i will mix cardio and weight training.
    i will pay a personal trainer to learn how to do squats, deadlift ecc.... because i dont want to break my back xD

But the same personal trainer said that i have to pay 300 euros if i want a food plan, and they are so much money :( what i should do ? because how i 've understood alimentation is very important

I'm going to assume that "alimentation" is supposed to be "nutrition".

You don't need to pay for a food plan from a trainer - especially from a trainer, because at least in the US most aren't trained in nutrition and shouldn't be giving out advice.

You just need to set a reasonable calorie deficit - about 250-500 cals below your maintenance - and appropriate macro levels for you (macros being protein, carbs, and fat - 30% protein, 40% carbs, and 30% fat seems to be a good baseline but you may need to adjust yours one way or the other).

I suggest only cutting out foods you find gross or are allergic too, while eating everything else in moderation.
    I wouldn't assume that she needs to cut, if I'm remembering right from a few pages ago, she's already light. I'd shoot for a recomp, see where that gets her and go from there. As a new lifter, she may see some improvements that way.
  • hill8570
    hill8570 Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    OP wants that beyonce look. I think 90% of women want her body.

Hey, I want Beyonce's body, too. Or are we talking about the same thing here?
  • BelieveInSuccessfulLife
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Should i track the olive oil and the basil that i use to dress vegetables ?:)

I'm traking my calories and i'm already tired :p
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

I'm tracking my calories and i'm already tired :p
    everything.

olive oil/butter is like 120 calories per tablespoon. _ Those little things add up quickly.

it gets easier- down load the app on your phone- use the scanner bar if you can.

I eat the same thing daily usually since I batch cook- so it's like chicken soup for 4 days. Chicken stir fry for 4 days.

And my snacks are all the same- so again- easy peasy- you build a list of the same foods you eat over and over again- it gets easier. I log my food in the morning over my coffee since I already know what I'm going to be eating. Takes me less than five minutes.
  • dbmata
    Options

I'm traking my calories and i'm already tired :p

If it fits, it ships.