You know you've been doing this a long time when . . .

Options

Replies

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    pkw58 wrote: »
    People you meet think you are "naturally" skinny - HA!
    HA people think i am "naturally thin". Natural my butt.

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    You can tell approximately how many calories are in a food, even if you haven't eaten it before, just by guessing the ingredients.

You know exactly how much water weight you will be gaining after certain meals or a certain calorie intake day.

You know your heart rate just by the way you're breathing.

Your family members buy you gifts of clothes that are too small because it's a given no-brainer that if they buy something that fits it will be too large in a couple of months.

When a family member sets the table, they place a food scale next to your plate.

You've had so many discussions about certain words (gluten, sugar, fat, clean eating.. etc) that they stop registering in your brain. Your eyes magically jump over these topics automatically without even reading the title, and a verbal conversation magically turn into some kind of white noise you just nod to.
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    When given the option of my typical go-to meal and French fries I opt for my go-to *holds up index finger & thumb in the shape of a 'L' on forehead*
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    You hate sharing food 'cause it messes up your macros.

And spilling drinks.
    ^^^^ This ^^^^
  • DayByDayGetStronger
    Options
    You bring measuring cups and a food scale to work to weigh portions of food at potluck days. Yes, I am a dietitian. And yes, I do measure my food 90% of the time. It makes it way easier to log. I even ask the host of a party for a 1/4 cup measuring cup BEFORE I dig in at the food served. I'm not going back to my 80+ lb heavier self. It has cost me way too much time and money (plastic surgery) to blow it.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    When you know you don't really have to reply to this post because you have been nodding your head as you read it- but do anyway.
    Happy holidays, h.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    When you pre-log any options for take out on the way home so you know where to stop and what to order to not go over your calories. Tonight it's between Phad Thai, Gyros or Buffalo Wings...It's a hard decision because they all fit..
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    When you're answering a post from a year ago and looking to see if you already responded last year!!!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Froody2 wrote: »
    You've seen every forum fight, debate, meme, gif, cleanse, version of low-carb/high-carb/low fat/high fat miracle diet being touted as THE way to lose weight and learnt to never, ever under any circumstances go into a bang/date/avoid thread sohelpyougod.

LOL!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    stevesilk wrote: »
    When you're answering a post from a year ago and looking to see if you already responded last year!!!

And it was my post and I was thinking that I didn't remember writing it (because it is a year old!). But I had ONCE AGAIN used my Christmas pudding recipe - three years in a row! And already in my recipe file.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    tnsumner wrote: »
    A romantic date is when your boyfriend cooks for you and leaves all the UPCs or food labels out for you to scan/log,

^^^this one had me rolling!!! love it!

when all the members look familiar and you've friended and unfriended the same member 4 times or vice versa.
  • SrMaggalicious
    Options
    When you look at random strangers and wonder if they're cutting, bulking, or maintaining (as opposed to being simply overweight due to indifference, which I previously assumed).

LOLLL!!! ^^^ this thread is HYSTERICAL!!
  • SrMaggalicious
    Options

When a family member sets the table, they place a food scale next to your plate.

You've had so many discussions about certain words (gluten, sugar, fat, clean eating.. etc) that they stop registering in your brain. Your eyes magically jump over these topics automatically without even reading the title, and a verbal conversation magically turn into some kind of white noise you just nod to.

^^^hahahaah!!!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Diet_Soda wrote: »
    You can guess caloric value just by looking at an item.

^^yep! This ☺
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    blgmw2 wrote: »
    1. When someone asks: Have you logged that?
    2. When you eat based on macros.
    3. Logging something to see if you should eat it
    4. Not letting anyone eat one of your 30 chips. Lol!

Number 4!!!!! I pack and measure the things I'll eat and when my friends or dad wants a taste, I just look at them pitifully and say no... hahaha
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    When you identify with every one of the comments on this thread (and I'm not even at maintenance yet!)
  • nicoleambersumpter
    nicoleambersumpter Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    When you become the walking caloric dictionary for people around you just starting their diets.

When you have 12 calories left and you half a cracker just to get it to zero
  • elorac26
    elorac26 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    when the metal handle falls off your faithful half cup measuring cup (half a cup of peas, half a cup of cereal....)
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    lol my 1/4 cup bit the dust a while back. Dang.
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have a 1/2 cup scoop that I use, not so I can measure. Just because it looks cute on the plate. Yup…that's why!!! :p

Most of these sound realllllllllyyyy familiar…. :-) as I end my 1093 day of being here.