Round 2 Fit-n-Trim to Win Elimination Contest (closed)

Options

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    009-1.jpg

Alright, after my second attempt, lol it's up! I have my before pics saved in photobucket too (along with my last check in photos where I'm a good 10-15 pounds below what I'm at now..... sad lol)

Ready to get it all started!

I thought I changed my scale ticker but maybe didn't press save? I'm gonna reset it.

Goals:

64 oz of water a day
    Limited processed foods (I'm pretty good anyways)
    at least 30 min of exercise a day (with my health issues it's gonna be hard and I don't want to push it!)
    2-3 fruits a day (uncooked)
    2-4 veggies a day (uncooked)
    no eating past 6:30 pm

Cheers yall!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    2011-05-04_09-28-42_101-1.jpg

So I finally unpacked my digital scale and I'm not happy. I've been weighing myself on my wii fit for the last year or so and it looks like my wii was weighing me a lot lighter.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    TamaraMay4.jpg
    Tamara

KimMay4-1.jpg

This is what I get after 2 weeks of misbehavior and a satanist trip to Chicago with all it's good food....plan is to drop 4 to 5 of this pounds this week starting right now...although, I just cooked the Italian sausage that I brought back from Chi-town
  • mamaturner
    Options
    I like seeing everyones pretty toes :happy: That in itself may be a competition!! hahaha

ps Kim I knwo you'll do great after your naughty behavior! I'm excited for our chitown trip, Riva on the pier and XOCO for breakfast, by Rick Bayless, my fav chef!!!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    mms_picture-1.jpg

148.4 - that's up a good 4 pounds from where I was about a month ago...I know eliminating some sodium and drinking more water will help but ewww. Guess this comp comes at a good time to stop further bad habits.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    I like seeing everyones pretty toes :happy: That in itself may be a competition!! hahaha

My toes are not pretty...I need to paint them badly. My girls want them done too. Sigh - guess we get to cut and paint some toes tonight. Next week mine might be as pretty as yours. :smile:
  • mamaturner
    Options

My toes are not pretty...I need to paint them badly. My girls want them done too. Sigh - guess we get to cut and paint some toes tonight. Next week mine might be as pretty as yours. :smile:

haha actually hubs did these and they're not the best, but I'll need to get some new colors for some crazy toe painting, have fun doin the girls! I wish mine would sit long enough for it... I have to hold her between my legs just to cut finger and toe nails!
  • nehtaeh
    Options

haha actually hubs did these and they're not the best, but I'll need to get some new colors for some crazy toe painting, have fun doin the girls! I wish mine would sit long enough for it... I have to hold her between my legs just to cut finger and toe nails!

It'll get better. My girls don't like their nails cut but they are ok with it now. It helps that I bribe them with paining...they have to get the nails cut to get them painted.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options

To all the other Muscle Busters - PLEASE STEP AWAY FROM THE ALCOHOL! :devil:

Ya, McDebbie can drink all she wants this week....:devil: in fact, she should celebrate Cinco de Mayo tomorrow:drinker:
    Don't listen to them McDebbie! I'm a lush too, we can support each other... I'm a bartender, its gonna be a struggle not taking my shift drink after work everyday like I have for the last year and a half! No worries, we can do it :happy:
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    0504110828-00.jpg
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options

Ya, McDebbie can drink all she wants this week....:devil: in fact, she should celebrate Cinco de Mayo tomorrow:drinker:
    Don't listen to them McDebbie! I'm a lush too, we can support each other... I'm a bartender, its gonna be a struggle not taking my shift drink after work everyday like I have for the last year and a half! No worries, we can do it :happy:

Yeah, can you believe she is trying to game us already? :laugh:

I've decided I need a new scale, I thought my eyes were just getting old but the orange letters on the black background are really hard to see. I want one that has black letters on a white background. Do any of you have the BMI on yours and do you think it is worth it to get one?
  • mamaturner
    Options

I've decided I need a new scale, I thought my eyes were just getting old but the orange letters on the black background are really hard to see. I want one that has black letters on a white background. Do any of you have the BMI on yours and do you think it is worth it to get one?

I have a taylor that gives you bf % and water % I like to watch the bf go lower as the water % goes up, I only paid $25 for mine and it was worth it, digital to the 10th and you can program 4 different people with age, heigh and gender.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options

Honestly, I've heard that the "fancy" scales that estimate fat %, etc. are notoriously inaccurate - as there are all these specific rules you have to follow to get really accurate readings...most people can't/don't follow them and therefore get inaccurate numbers. BMI is a straightforward mathmatical computation, and MFP has a BMI calculator in the "Tools" tab. If you just wanted the scale for BMI & weight, it seems to make the most sense to just buy a nice, normal scale and use MFP's calculator to check your BMI - it's based on height and weight... nothing else.

Edited to add: Basically I've heard that the fancy fat% scales are best when you only use them to use to track the general trend in your reading, but not used as an accurate day-to-day body fat % due to accuracy problems.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

I noticed all the cute toes too!! I have hammer toes :grumble: if any of you know what that is and therefore i will be editing my toes each week! I am glad I have a scale that lets me do so. :happy:
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    My scale can tell me my bmi and something else but I don't usually pay attention to it. If I don't click to my setting it doesn't tell me. I know my scale does tenths, but I think it only shows even numbers in the tenths - at least its never shown me an odd number in the time that I've had it. I'm not sure the brand I have but I got it at target. I was going to get a WW one and this one was cheaper, and they actually had it in stock.
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I forgot to ask, how many weeks is this contest? Luckily I don't have any vacations or special occaisions for a while.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I forgot to ask, how many weeks is this contest? Luckily I don't have any vacations or special occaisions for a while.

I have to figure that out after everyone weighs in...there are 18 people; so, approximately 18 weeks of good behavior...my initial figure is mid-August...Once I have it all calculated, I am giving everyone 1 week to let me know of any weigh-ins that might be a problem. We'll go from there.

Anybody heard from McFatterton...hoping she would have had her internet today for the weigh-in...:cry:
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Anybody heard from McFatterton...hoping she would have had her internet today for the weigh-in...:cry:

No and I just looked at her fb - she hasn't been on that since sunday. Do you have her phone number? I bet she could text a pic, but I don't have it. Hmmm, maybe I can find it on fb though. I can check.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    No such luck.
  • mindy71183
    mindy71183 Posts: 74
    Options
    IMG_8489_edited-1.jpg

Hopefully that worked! I am in desperate need of a pedicure, that is my treat to myself when I reach 180! :)