Some Rules for Gym Noobs.

Options

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    errollm wrote: »
    Everytime I read one of these, it makes me so glad I invested in a home gym

Every time there is one of these threads, someone always has to make the "I'm glad I have a home gym" comment. Never fails.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I see the but hurt has already started to flow through this thread….
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be posting this list of rules in my gym next time I'm there, like a regular Martin Luther.

Had to tell a dude to eff off because he stepped over my barbell while I was mid pull in a deadlift. If it were lighter I would have pulled it faster to tap him in the wedding tackle.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I'm going to be posting this list of rules in my gym next time I'm there, like a regular Martin Luther.

Had to tell a dude to eff off because he stepped over my barbell while I was mid pull in a deadlift. If it were lighter I would have pulled it faster to tap him in the wedding tackle.

for real?????
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options

What is it with people doing that? I've been tempted to do the exact same thing when people step over mine
  • ndj1979
    Options

What is it with people doing that? I've been tempted to do the exact same thing when people step over mine

never have had that happen..

I have had some morons stand directly behind me talking whenI am trying to pull 375….
  • EvelynR1967
    EvelynR1967 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    A great & needed post! Thank you all
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options

ndj1979 wrote: »

I have had some morons stand directly behind me talking whenI am trying to pull 375….

Unless it's my coach yelling at me to tighten my back, inner b*tch would come out. And it wouldn't be pretty.

On another note, 385 is going to be up for me by the end of next month. Came so close last time
  • ndj1979
    Options

Unless it's my coach yelling at me to tighten my back, inner b*tch would come out. And it wouldn't be pretty.

On another note, 385 is going to be up for me by the end of next month. Came so close last time

oh they got the death stare when I was done…

385??? damnnnnn that is impressive…!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options

368.5 is current platform best, was inches away on 385 and just couldn't push through to lockout
  • ndj1979
    Options

368.5 is current platform best, was inches away on 385 and just couldn't push through to lockout

I have not gone for a PR in a while…my best to date is 385#…..
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Those numbers are impressive!! I am happy about my 2 big plates PR :P
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options

NIce. I haven't gone with a belted PR for sometime. I had a bad work day and decided to pull 365lbs no belt. Might not have been the smartest thing to do
  • ndj1979
    Options

NIce. I haven't gone with a belted PR for sometime. I had a bad work day and decided to pull 365lbs no belt. Might not have been the smartest thing to do

i have not gone heavy in a while, so that number may be a tad lower now…

it might be time to try one here in a few weeks….
  • SunshineGoodVibes
    Options
    TO THE OP:

I hope you understand that taking the time to write ALL of those said "rules" out on MFP is a clear and blatant waste of time. Chances are, people will do what they please, even if you don't agree with it.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but that's just reality. It happens at every gym. If you have an issue with that, I suggest you workout in your own home where your rules will not be broken.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

You are much nicer than I. Mid pull? Yeah - he's singing soprano for a while.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    One pet peeve, if your gym has a sign up sheet for machines and a specific number, please dont sign up for a time and you dont take the machine again, or use a machine without signing in, its real annoying XD
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

welcome to being a woman- where everyone stands behind you for- almost everything.
    I love you so hard for this.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    TO THE OP:

I hope you understand that taking the time to write ALL of those said "rules" out on MFP is a clear and blatant waste of time. Chances are, people will do what they please, even if you don't agree with it.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble but that's just reality. It happens at every gym. If you have an issue with that, I suggest you workout in your own home where your rules will not be broken.

considering several gym new goers replied to the thread you are already wrong….

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

welcome to being a woman- where everyone stands behind you for- almost everything.
    I love you so hard for this.

Aww well thanks! I love you for your bench