The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    I grabbed a three hour nap and I'm back at it. So far the animals are fairing better today. :smile:
  • LadyRN76
    LadyRN76 Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Good deal...humans are not fairing so well... **sigh**
  • msbengbeng
    msbengbeng Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Mental Health Nurse going Crazy here at work! last shift and then some days off. I am in between semesters and need my homework :wink:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I need someone to type my records. I knew I should have taken typing in high school. The class was all girls and and I could sure use it now. :smile:
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    I need someone to type my records. I knew I should have taken typing in high school. The class was all girls and and I could sure use it now. :smile:

This is why I took 2 years of typing in HS, yes it was still typing then on electric typewriters, Ohh the good old days. And yes there were only like 3 guys in the whole class :p
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @ Lady - Sorry your humans are not fairing so well. I hope things get better. Hope it wasn't anything that involved getting your shoes vomited on or otherwise soiled.

@ msbengbeng - I thought you had to be crazy to work mental health. How did you end up there? :wink:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Tony!!! How the heck are you? I took shop instead. No girls in the class and I wasn't really interested in it anyway. I only took it to fill the vocational ed requirement. We just got IBM selectrics when I was in Highschool. :scream:
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    Im good now, Holidays were crazy, too many people off work, I ended up doing your kind of shifts. 12 on 12 off from Christmas day through the 2nd. Just now getting back to a somewhat normal 8hr shift. I took the typing fresh/soph years then Elec. wiring jr/sr years. poor kids today do not really have many electives. That is where the fun was.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    No kidding. I took computer programming. My first semester we had a computer that used punch cards and my second semester we got to use the computer that had punch tape. My third semester we were hot stuff. We got to use the computer with reel to reel tapes! :laugh: Kids today don't even know what punch cards are or the horror of dropping the stack and realizing you have to put them back in the correct order. :smiley:
  • Railr0aderTony
    Options
    Wow, Dos was too much for me. LOL
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Boy did I pick the right time to start getting a couple of days a week off. We just got 12 inches of snow and it's still coming down. I'm going skiing!!!! :smiley:
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    OMG I hate the cold.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Yay, other night shifters!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @ Leslie - Oh I love the cold. You can dress warmer but you can only take off so many clothes before they arrest you. The older I get, the less clothes it takes before they arrest me. I'm getting to the point where I can't take off my hat. :laugh:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Welcome Bethanie! :smile:
  • LadyRN76
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Board is hopping now...see suffer...we just keep the fires burning and it rekindles...LMAO
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Lady, we will always keep the fires burning for you. :-) It's the eyes. :smile:
  • LadyRN76
    Options
    :blushing: LOL suffer.....oh the eye pic...they either love it or hate it..and tell me about it.
  • danj_64
    danj_64 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Not actually a night shifter. Just up all night with a new puppy.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @ Danj - What kind of puppy?