Bulletproof coffee - I want to hear your stories!

Options

Replies

• ladypitek
    ladypitek Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Hendrix7 wrote: »
    yeah when trying to get in to calorie deficit and stay as satiated as possible you definitely want to start off the day by drinking 500 calories of liquid.

llololoololololololoololololol

The entire point is to eat a high fat/low carb diet and eat until satiated and NOT count calories or be at a deficit.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hendrix7 wrote: »
    yeah when trying to get in to calorie deficit and stay as satiated as possible you definitely want to start off the day by drinking 500 calories of liquid.

llololoololololololoololololol

The entire point is to eat a high fat/low carb diet and eat until satiated and NOT count calories or be at a deficit.
    That's how people got into trouble with their weight in the first place
    I'll just leave this here
    http://www.vox.com/2014/12/19/7416939/bulletproof-coffee
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    ok, so if we're not kosher with bp coffee, what if we add rum and a little simple syrup? It's no longer bp coffee, it's now just butter rum coffee.

Switch out the rum for whiskey and you're golden. ;)

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Slasher09 wrote: »
    What's it supposed to do? In the nursing home when people are constipated we give them hot coffee or warm juice with butter. I feel like combining the two could be bad
    Lol. Yup.

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    marvinq42 wrote: »
    I was going to ask for people's experiences myself. I wasn't going to try it for weight loss per se. But David Asprey(sp?) who created it, did so because he felt the brain ran on fats, so adding fat to the coffee 'woke' up his brain. But couldn't that waking up effect just come from the caffeine itself?

The brain doesn't run on fats. It's made of fat. It runs on glucose.

Sayings the brain runs on fats is like saying cars run on metal.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Will I get the same result eating butter on toast and washing it down with coffee? Or will the toast
    c***block the magical energy?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I finally bit the bullet :p

I just made one with-

1 tsp coconut oil
    1 tsp Butter
    And 1 raw egg.

Bloody yummy!! It tastes like a creamy coffee, but without cream and milk.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    uhm, I won't do the egg, but... cool.
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options

I just made one with-

1 tsp coconut oil
    1 tsp Butter
    And 1 raw egg.

I admire your ability to jump in both feet first lol. I'm reading this thread like some strange foreign thing - slightly repulsed but interested
  • Travis_2
    Travis_2 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    Will I get the same result eating butter on toast and washing it down with coffee? Or will the toast
    c***block the magical energy?

Fairly sure the toast ruins it all. Evil carbs.

• festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I tried some tonight out of curiosity, meh. It's not terrible but it's a lot more work than a cup of black coffee.
  • Christine_72
    Options

I just made one with-

1 tsp coconut oil
    1 tsp Butter
    And 1 raw egg.

I admire your ability to jump in both feet first lol. I'm reading this thread like some strange foreign thing - slightly repulsed but interested

hehe once you try it, you won't go back ;) I've only just started drinking coffee, black. This way makes it much easier and tastier. I'll only do it every now and then, and obviously not on a fasting day!

• marjorieallred839
    Options
    I love bulletproof coffee. I use 1tbs coconut oil, 1 tbs unsalted butter, and 1 tbs heavy cream, dark roast coffee. YUM. I don't froth it, just stir and I leave the spoon in so I can stir every so often. I use refined coconut because the flavored unrefined upsets my tummy. I started Keto 3 months ago and have lost 37 lbs so far.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    So yes, it definitely fills you up and with healthy fats.

I wish! Butter in coffee is delish, no doubt, but it doesn't satiate me much at all.

:grumpy:
  • denisegresham1
    denisegresham1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I went on a "fat fast" for three days and started the bulletproof coffee. I am so hooked on it every morning now. 12 oz chocolate or vanilla flavored coffee, 1/2 to 1 tbsp unsalted butter, 1-2 tsps coconut oil, 1 tbsp whipping cream, and shot of skinny girl stevia vanilla liquid. I do use my mixer that I originally bought for shakes that didn't work.
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    zchastain wrote: »
    So..... "bulletproof coffee" is just a fat delivery system for those who can't get enough through food? Huh.

My personal preference would be to eat my delicious fats and drink my coffee strong and black. Why make "bulletproof coffee" when you could just as easily have some delicious black dark roast and a plate of salty, chewy, crispy bacon?

A man after my own heart.
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Love me some bulletproof coffee - I actually made a video on tumblr about how to make iced BPC - that is fkin amazing in the summer, so good.
  • Christine_72
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm thinking about putting a scoop of my chocolate protein powder in , instead of coffee??
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking about putting a scoop of my chocolate protein powder in , instead of coffee??

I don't see why not, however it would need to be at a high temperature first to melt the butter & coconut oil (the usual) so as long as you mix it very well while making it up hot first there's no reason not to. I've made bullet proof hot chocolate before, tastes just as creamy and luxurious as the coffee - i've even mixed coconut oil with green tea, but skipped the butter & cream. eek.
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    A friend lost 40lbs with this coffee so she started selling it to our church friends, and nearly all lost quite a few pounds that year. Fast forward today: Every single one of them without exception are much, much heavier than when they started. It's just not logical or sustainable! WHY is everyone looking for the secret bullet to weight loss? JUST EAT LESS AND MOVE MORE!