Bulletproof coffee - I want to hear your stories!

Options
12346»

Replies

• BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Coffee + cream + a little sugar
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    A friend lost 40lbs with this coffee so she started selling it to our church friends, and nearly all lost quite a few pounds that year. Fast forward today: Every single one of them without exception are much, much heavier than when they started. It's just not logical or sustainable! WHY is everyone looking for the secret bullet to weight loss? JUST EAT LESS AND MOVE MORE!

Well BPC doesn't have much to do with weight loss, it helps people who are in ketosis (which kills appetite) to eat more calories & also hit their fat macros. It's about energy more than anything, it's designed to have a high intake of calories.

Your friend lost weight because they ate at a deficit. 'Selling BPC' why? It's literally normal coffee with butter in it basically.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Yes BPC isn't a weight loss tool.
  • sadeq786
    Options
    I'm thinking about putting a scoop of my chocolate protein powder in , instead of coffee??

I hear some people say that whey protein becomes useless if exposed to high heat
  • ourtruelovewillneverdie
    Options
    It's not that bad. I add a 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract and a Splenda packet along with a tbsp of unsalted butter and a tbsp of coconut oil. I'm going to try it with a tbsp of my sugar free vanilla creamer to give it a sweeter taste next. Some days I have a hard time getting calories over 1200, let alone my 1440 goal without exercise calories, so it works good to boost my calories. I doubt I could do it with the raw egg though.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it. Love my french press and miller. I used Deathwish coffee! The taste and boldness was out of this world.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    CloudyMao wrote: »
    A friend lost 40lbs with this coffee so she started selling it to our church friends, and nearly all lost quite a few pounds that year. Fast forward today: Every single one of them without exception are much, much heavier than when they started. It's just not logical or sustainable! WHY is everyone looking for the secret bullet to weight loss? JUST EAT LESS AND MOVE MORE!

Well BPC doesn't have much to do with weight loss, it helps people who are in ketosis (which kills appetite) to eat more calories & also hit their fat macros. It's about energy more than anything, it's designed to have a high intake of calories.

Your friend lost weight because they ate at a deficit. 'Selling BPC' why? It's literally normal coffee with butter in it basically.

It does if they think "it's all healthy fat so it's okay" and they don't track and maintain their deficit- which tons of people who go that route think.

It never did anything extra moreto kill my appetite- black coffee was just fine LOL.
  • Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    The only way I would drink buttered anything in my coffee is if it came in a container that said "CoffeeMate" and "pecan."

LOL ^^^ This
  • Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    sjaplo wrote: »
    There's an article in this month's Men's Health about the "Bulletproof" diet. Seems silly to me.

I saw that somewhere too. They do find ways to suck people in.
  • Cindybishop711
    Cindybishop711 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Kait_Marie, This really doesn't make much sense unless you understand the science behind the drink... and it is for energy and brain power, and can help you lose weight but the fasting that you need to do and the proper nutrition packed food choices need to be followed too. Did you read the book? I thought it was very interesting.
    I have just started right before a really stressful event happened in my life, four things I found so far (after 1 week) is, I have increased energy,( definitely noticeable), it suppresses my appetite,( first time ever!), and I did lose 4 pounds, but I am doing a high quality fat, veggie and meat diet, no sugar, no refined carbs, and last, even though the stress has been crazy, I feel like I have handled it better than I would have not being on this. I think I am more focused and have more clarity, but still need to really see if that can get even better, stress has been interfering with that one some, I am sure.
    So I will be doing this for another week. If I lose 4 lbs a week, I will be doing this till I get down in size where I want to be.
    People should understand why we are doing it before they say how crazy it is...its all about the polyphenols( I think thats what they are) and the quality fats that help get them into our system where they can do some real good and healing.
    Best wishes... CaB
  • SusanKeillor1
    SusanKeillor1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love bullet proof coffee! I also do the same with chai tea.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Fad
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand the hate towards BPC. We all know that CI<CO is the deciding factor, but dismissing it as nonsense just because it happens to have a lot of calories in a concentrated form is odd, to me. Speaking ONLY from my personal experience with it, I thought it was tasty! I tastes exactly like an unsweetened latte.

I used about 1tbsp each of butter (salted Kerrygold - which I use for everything because it's amazing) and coconut oil, bringing my drink to ~250 calories. I would have a hard time finishing a modest breakfast of a couple of eggs and some bacon or some Greek yogurt and fruit and it would keep me full until early afternoon, so I was eating fewer calories overall throughout the morning and for lunch. I was losing weight, because I was eating fewer calories, but I was eating fewer calories because of BPC.

You hear a ton about satiety in these threads, and from my experience, BPC is super effective at getting a high degree of satiety for relatively few calories. I wouldn't put 500 calories of butter in it plus slicks of oil, but 1/2- 1Tbsp does a lot of keeping you full and it IS delicious :D.