Options

Replies

• SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    Oh yes,

OP has dropped weight - coincides with decreased exercise.
    OP is trying to gain weight
    OP is getting full on current calories
    OP is looking to up calories.

Let's shove more broccoli down her throat!!

Maybe recommend more cardio and a celery shake blended with water?

That would be such a negative calorie shake you would probably go catabolic just looking at it.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    And a great cap to my day- throws out huffington post as a place of credible information about what causes cancer.

thank you deviboy- thank you- that was... just. awesome.

I would like to know where it says all that food is healthy for you?
    I know it sounds crazy, but a lot of the members here don't believe in food being "healthy" or "unhealthy".
    Why are you still in this bulking forum? I don't get it.

Well he does want to gain weight. So that explains that. Why he isn't listening to logic is another story. ie.. eat a damn pizza already!
    Maybe the 1st and last time we agree

crying-smiley-12030139.jpg
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    And a great cap to my day- throws out huffington post as a place of credible information about what causes cancer.

I know it sounds crazy, but a lot of the members here don't believe in food being "healthy" or "unhealthy".
    I was helping devilboy1592 understand the general thought process of how things go in here in regards to the way food is viewed.

• JeffseekingV
    Options

Why is it crazy? You need to apply context...to your diet as a whole....and dosage.
    I understand that, but many of us come from a background where we've heard that individual foods are healthier than others (like the broccoli vs brownie discussion from another thread).

How does you 'hearing' about something make the rest of us crazy for either not hearing that mis-information or being open and learning that it is mis-information?
    Because I personally believe you could ask dozens of random people here in the Western world and almost all of them would be in shock if somone told them it didn't exist. It doesn't mean that you would be wrong, but rather it's not the norm, which makes the idea "crazy" (even being true).

But others have told you otherwise but you seem to refuse to accept the information after it was presented to you.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Why is it crazy? You need to apply context...to your diet as a whole....and dosage.
    I understand that, but many of us come from a background where we've heard that individual foods are healthier than others (like the broccoli vs brownie discussion from another thread).

How does you 'hearing' about something make the rest of us crazy for either not hearing that mis-information or being open and learning that it is mis-information?
    Because I personally believe you could ask dozens of random people here in the Western world and almost all of them would be in shock if somone told them it didn't exist. It doesn't mean that you would be wrong, but rather it's not the norm, which makes the idea "crazy" (even being true).

I think that our definitions of crazy may be different.

Also, calling it crazy in the context you did implies that it is wrong - it i not.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf thank you for posting that, seriously, I always enjoy a good read, but when I discuss clean food or junk food, I'm merely stating that food has no nutritional value what's so ever, I know your "not a car" it was a metaphor, and to me something with no nutritional value could be a problem more than being a solution. When I was young I ate everything, probably consuming 3000 or more calories during with very little exercise, mouth full of cavities and weighing about 145-150lbs, now that I'm eating better more nutritional food I'm getting to where I want to be, and maybe I can help this person out from my experience, maybe they are in the same boat as I'am, but no one is the same, but their might be some tips that work for everyone.

I am even more confused now. Food has no nutritional value?

I realize it was a metaphor - it was just not a good one. A metaphor should be relevant if trying to use it to explain something,
  • JeffseekingV
    Options

I was helping devilboy1592 understand the general thought process of how things go in here in regards to the way food is viewed.

How food is viewed is probably a big source of the problems with people have with food today
  • deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Oh yes,

OP has dropped weight - coincides with decreased exercise.
    OP is trying to gain weight
    OP is getting full on current calories
    OP is looking to up calories.

Let's shove more broccoli down her throat!!

Maybe recommend more cardio and a celery shake blended with water?

That would be such a negative calorie shake you would probably go catabolic just looking at it.

Lol
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    It would be next to impossible to find a food with no nutritional value
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf thank you for posting that, seriously, I always enjoy a good read, but when I discuss clean food or junk food, I'm merely stating that food has no nutritional value what's so ever, I know your "not a car" it was a metaphor, and to me something with no nutritional value could be a problem more than being a solution. When I was young I ate everything, probably consuming 3000 or more calories during with very little exercise, mouth full of cavities and weighing about 145-150lbs, now that I'm eating better more nutritional food I'm getting to where I want to be, and maybe I can help this person out from my experience, maybe they are in the same boat as I'am, but no one is the same, but their might be some tips that work for everyone.

What are these foods that have 0 nutritional value you speak of?
  • ForecasterJason
    Options

You can't help someone when you don't understand the concepts yourself. That's not hard to understand but with the way the back and forth conversations between you and members here go I'm not surprised you can't understand that.
    Maybe I should have worded it better. In isolation, the general thought process on here is that unhealthy and healthy food does not exist.

• Angel_Grove_
    Angel_Grove_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the basic definition of food? Something having nutritional value?
  • deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    It's funny to see how people get defensive, I'm just merely saying eat food that's good for you, broccoli is better than a damn brownie, energy vs trams fat, macro, micro who cares, I look at sodium, sugar, gluten and gmos, that's all I ate for 35 years, never seen any gains, so why bother, why eat toxic food just to gain a pound of fat then try to burn it off, it sounds like every diet fad out there.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    OP: Eat more food. It doesn't matter what kind.
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    Which food is toxic again?

Drinking water can be bad for you if done in excess. does that make water "bad"?
  • Hornsby
    Options
    No, broccoli is not always better for a person than a brownie.

And now food is toxic, too. You are the diet and fitness industries marketing dream.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Which food is toxic again?

Drinking water can be bad for you if done in excess. does that make water "bad"?
    Yes, because of the chemicals in it...
  • ForecasterJason
    Options
    It's funny to see how people get defensive, I'm just merely saying eat food that's good for you, broccoli is better than a damn brownie, energy vs trams fat, macro, micro who cares, I look at sodium, sugar, gluten and gmos, that's all I ate for 35 years, never seen any gains, so why bother, why eat toxic food just to gain a pound of fat then try to burn it off, it sounds like every diet fad out there.
    I agree. But check out this thread, you probably won't believe some of the responses made when I said broccoli was healthier than a brownie. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10037714/sweets-when-bulking/p3

• AliceSwarthout
    AliceSwarthout Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Or -if you keep on having problems - get your thyroid function checked by doctor
    ^This. This is a very good idea.