How do I achieve how do I avoid the wider flat waist but a smaller waist (Pictures)

Options

Replies

• Hyspin
    Hyspin Posts: 76 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    I would love the 10 day waist too. Not sure how she achieved this look in just 14 days...

Highly unlikely she did - well, without lighting, water/carb manipulation, etc.

Your probably right base of her workout plan and diet plan.
    http://www.allouteffort.com/2012/11/how-my-wife-lost-13lbs-in-2-weeks.html?m=1

When you say water manipulation did you mean body wraps?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Hyspin wrote: »
    I would love the 10 day waist too. Not sure how she achieved this look in just 14 days...

Your probably right base of her workout plan and diet plan. When you say water manipulation did you mean body wraps?
    You don't need wraps to drop water, although if it was for a competition or shoot, I don't think they'd hurt.
    I'm sure Sarah is talking about water/carb manipulation to look "fuller" in the muscle without spilling over and blurring out the definition. Competitive bodybuilders and fitness, figure, bikini competitors do this the day of a show.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    genetics?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

Trust me, she didn't.

• Hyspin
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

Your probably right base of her workout plan and diet plan. When you say water manipulation did you mean body wraps?
    You don't need wraps to drop water, although if it was for a competition or shoot, I don't think they'd hurt.
    I'm sure Sarah is talking about water/carb manipulation to look "fuller" in the muscle without spilling over and blurring out the definition. Competitive bodybuilders and fitness, figure, bikini competitors do this the day of a show.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

I didn't know that was a practice. How does it work exactly?
  • Hyspin
    Options
    This making me wonder about other body manipulation a besides photography or photoshop. Like body wrap how long do the results last (6hrs, 12hrs, 24 hrs maybe) and corset training how much weeks of training does it take before the body will hold it shape for a couple of days without the corset?
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Well you would live off bland chicken, fish, and steak along with unsalted vegetables and reduced carbs for about 16 weeks. Then you would carb deplete (usually 2.5 days) the week off the show, then a couple of days out "carb up" but being aware of how much water you're taking in. On the day of the show, you basically just take sips of water while consuming carbs to make the muscles as full as possible without blurring out your definition.
    I've competed 9 times and I'll just say that doing this naturally is tough especially when you still have to train hard and do some cardio along with still keeping a full time job.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    Options
    This making me wonder about other body manipulation a besides photography or photoshop. Like body wrap how long do the results last (6hrs, 12hrs, 24 hrs maybe) and corset training how much weeks of training does it take before the body will hold it shape for a couple of days without the corset?
    Sorry, I don't believe that corset training will work at all for structural enhancing when it's off. And a body wrap depletes water out of the system as a whole, but the effect would only last as long as water isn't reintroduced into the body. And I doubt that people who dehydrate themselves purposely everyday just so their waist looks a little smaller. Those that do, I would note with a body dysmorphia issue.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Hyspin
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Well you would live off bland chicken, fish, and steak along with unsalted vegetables and reduced carbs for about 16 weeks. Then you would carb deplete (usually 2.5 days) the week off the show, then a couple of days out "carb up" but being aware of how much water you're taking in. On the day of the show, you basically just take sips of water while consuming carbs to make the muscles as full as possible without blurring out your definition.
    I've competed 9 times and I'll just say that doing this naturally is tough especially when you still have to train hard and do some cardio along with still keeping a full time job.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

That so insane. Would going to those extremes physically stress the body?
  • Hyspin
    Options
    Sorry, I don't believe that corset training will work at all for structural enhancing when it's off. And a body wrap depletes water out of the system as a whole, but the effect would only last as long as water isn't reintroduced into the body. And I doubt that people who dehydrate themselves purposely everyday just so their waist looks a little smaller. Those that do, I would note with a body dysmorphia issue.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Apparently corset training does work but has to be done over a long period. Women who practice say that waist will hold it shape without the corset (after weeks of training) but you can't go without the corset for too long (like a week) or the your ribs start to adjust back to their original shape. They say you start hear blunt crack noise as the rib readjust. I was think I would try out corset training following maintaining my goal measurements for a year.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    You do realise that all 4 of those shots the body is the same

The only difference is clothes, body positioning, camera angle and lighting

The look is down to genetics and body fat percentage

Personally I don't want to go below 24% body fat! am currently 25.5%

body-fat-percentage-women.jpg

Ideal-Body-Fat-Percentage-Chart3.jpg

It's actually a mix of BF%, genetics AND total weight. A person that weighs 150 lbs with 25% BF will not look the same as they would if they weighed 125 lbs with 25% BF.

My BF% is around 26-27% but I look more like the pic of 30% because I'm pretty heavy.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

No. Basically you can bloat yourself with water/sodium/carbs for a 'before' and then deplete yourself to look leaner for an 'after' pic.
  • maryjane28
    maryjane28 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    "bodybuilding" build up your lats and your glutes for the hourglass look. Don't do anything twisting on your abs like russian twists for example,it will make you boxy
  • Hyspin
    Options

No. Basically you can bloat yourself with water/sodium/carbs for a 'before' and then deplete yourself to look leaner for an 'after' pic.

Is that what they do?!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Is that what they do?!

Who do?

• Hyspin
    edited January 2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    You do realise that all 4 of those shots the body is the same

The only difference is clothes, body positioning, camera angle and lighting

The look is down to genetics and body fat percentage

Personally I don't want to go below 24% body fat! am currently 25.5%

body-fat-percentage-women.jpg

Ideal-Body-Fat-Percentage-Chart3.jpg

It's actually a mix of BF%, genetics AND total weight. A person that weighs 150 lbs with 25% BF will not look the same as they would if they weighed 125 lbs with 25% BF.

My BF% is around 26-27% but I look more like the pic of 30% because I'm pretty heavy.

I don't consider 30% heavy at all actually it closer to my ideal. I am at about 29% have the minor love handles of 25% slightly bloated stomach of 25% but if I could have the flatish stomach and rounded hips of 30% at my current weight I wouldn't be working out.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    OP, are you talking about corset training, where people wear the tight thing around their waist that deforms their organs in the abdomen? I don't think that's healthy. For a special occasion, consider some spanx and then take them off! I've seen images of how the organs get compressed and it's not good.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Is that what they do?!

There are several videos of people who do before after videos and how to "cheat" it. My favorite is a guy who takes an after photo looking lean and then binges on salt and tons of liquids and then takes his "before" photo. The difference between the two photos is only a few hours.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

That so insane. Would going to those extremes physically stress the body?
    Competitors. Same like marathoners, Ironman athletes, motocross, or ballet dancers.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Apparently corset training does work but has to be done over a long period. Women who practice say that waist will hold it shape without the corset (after weeks of training) but you can't go without the corset for too long (like a week) or the your ribs start to adjust back to their original shape. They say you start hear blunt crack noise as the rib readjust. I was think I would try out corset training following maintaining my goal measurements for a year.
    Well I wouldn't say that's "working". If someone wore a cast for 6 weeks, the body part that it surrounded would be atrophied and "thinner" but that's only because it's been constrained in a molded contraption. So not only does it return to normal size within a short time, but muscle strength is completely compromised.
    The reality is that if someone wants a smaller waist, they just need to reduce the body fat around it.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png