Options

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    jyogit wrote: »
    must say its just as bad for some of us men as well .. lol
    ive had women contact me and within minutes ive had proposals of road testing as you put it .. as for actual dates .. we dont want to sit and listen to you big up your kids or diss your ex .. you women can be just as bad .. honest men get anywhere in the online dating wars.. lol

I've heard that men usually get a lot of women asking for money for "services" right off the bat. It's horrible with both genders. Comparing one to the other is pointless. Both genders are equally terrible.

Tinder is well known for that first comment.

• jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    ive not been asked for money yet .. lol

if a woman starts asking about work and money stuff its an instant sign to me.. yes its something to talk about at some point but ..ya know .. i never ask, its none of my business unless its a few dates in and looks like its gonna go somewhere .. the online dating things good for not having to trawl bars n clubs but full of minefields for both sexes i agree
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    10oLCzLv69wATe.gif

"We thank thee lord for this food we are about to eat..."
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I am always encouraged by threads like this...because I know just being a decent normal guy makes me stand out in a crowd LOL :smile:

As far as 'test drive the car'...well, that's crap. Sexual compatibility isn't nothing (but certainly not something to be decided on the first date), but that analogy is ludicrous and demeaning.

I have a lot of female friends on dating sites and I know they have it worse. But I've certainly had my fair share of bad experiences too.

I had one girl who was a bit older (5 years) but I didn't mind, I'm in my 30s. She was cute and fun to talk to. We met for a drink on a Friday and then for dinner on Saturday. On Sunday, I had to fly out to San Fran for a business trip for a week. I got a text from her to have a safe flight and to text when I land (which I did). But from the trip, my phone was completely dead so I dropped off my stuff in my hotel room and put my phone on the charger and went out with the coworker I was with (a guy). Got back to my hotel around midnight and just crashed from the long day. Checked my phone in the morning and had about 25 text messages from her that started off with, "What are you doing your first night?" and ended with, "Why the F__K are you ignoring me? You're f__king someone else aren't you? You're throwing away a really good thing here". I was polite and just texted back, "I believe we're just looking for different things".

The funny thing is that was my FIRST time dating online...I'm still surprised I got back online :)
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    ive not been asked for money yet .. lol

if a woman starts asking about work and money stuff its an instant sign to me.. yes its something to talk about at some point but ..ya know .. i never ask, its none of my business unless its a few dates in and looks like its gonna go somewhere .. the online dating things good for not having to trawl bars n clubs but full of minefields for both sexes i agree

Hahaha, I ask people what they do all the time. Mainly to see if we have similar interests, but when they start asking about what their wages are, big ol red stop sign right there. That is your queue to exit. Consider yourself lucky you haven't been asked about the "services" yet haha.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    sklarbodds wrote: »
    I am always encouraged by threads like this...because I know just being a decent normal guy makes me stand out in a crowd LOL :smile:

As far as 'test drive the car'...well, that's crap. Sexual compatibility isn't nothing (but certainly not something to be decided on the first date), but that analogy is ludicrous and demeaning.

I have a lot of female friends on dating sites and I know they have it worse. But I've certainly had my fair share of bad experiences too.

I had one girl who was a bit older (5 years) but I didn't mind, I'm in my 30s. She was cute and fun to talk to. We met for a drink on a Friday and then for dinner on Saturday. On Sunday, I had to fly out to San Fran for a business trip for a week. I got a text from her to have a safe flight and to text when I land (which I did). But from the trip, my phone was completely dead so I dropped off my stuff in my hotel room and put my phone on the charger and went out with the coworker I was with (a guy). Got back to my hotel around midnight and just crashed from the long day. Checked my phone in the morning and had about 25 text messages from her that started off with, "What are you doing your first night?" and ended with, "Why the F__K are you ignoring me? You're f__king someone else aren't you? You're throwing away a really good thing here". I was polite and just texted back, "I believe we're just looking for different things".

The funny thing is that was my FIRST time dating online...I'm still surprised I got back online :)

Brave man.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    PRMinx wrote: »
    wamydia wrote: »
    Yep. And trying to online date made it even worse. I quit after an incredibly short period of time because all I could get were text conversations along the lines of PRMinx's up there. And guys who insisted that if we didn't meet immediately IRL (like an hour after our first message on the dating site, no kidding), that I was "stringing them along" and <gasp!> "wasting their time." Sheesh.

Isn't that nice?

I especially liked hearing "well, I test drive a car before I buy it" line. Classy.

Men really use that line. I would never say that to a girl but am I thinking that. Yes and so is almost every man I know.

You must hang out with a lot of *kitten* then.

Or men who actually know who they are. I do not know too many sexless relationship. I will say that my company of people is very interesting.

No one is suggesting a sexless relationship.

But comparing having sex with a woman to test driving a car? Gross.

I agree with you on that.

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Holy crazy, batman!
  • sklarbodds
    Options
    ive had women contact me and within minutes ive had proposals of road testing as you put it .. as for actual dates .. we dont want to sit and listen to you big up your kids or diss your ex .. you women can be just as bad .. honest men get anywhere in the online dating wars.. lol

LOL, I still don't know "as bad" but yes, there are some really awful ones out there :)

The constant bag on your ex thing on a first date sucks, been there.
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    ...)

That just screams psycho o.o
    (Not you, her).
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »

I've heard that men usually get a lot of women asking for money for "services" right off the bat. It's horrible with both genders. Comparing one to the other is pointless. Both genders are equally terrible.

Tinder is well known for that first comment.

Never been on/used that. Worst I got was kik and that was a HUGE mistake lmao. -insert random human bodypart pic here-
  • sklarbodds
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Oh, I had another girl get another guy's number on our 2nd date right in front of me. The crappy thing is I drove and I had to take her home (I can't be that mean and just leave her there), but when I got to her house she asked, "Aren't you coming up?"...I'm like, "You're kidding, right?". She was honestly confused why I was upset.
  • Cantalope
    Cantalope Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    IMO people who attempt to date online are looking for the perfect "match". They limit themselves (and I'm guilty as well) to what they think they want and pass over potential finds. Oh he has facial hair (or doesn't)...nope, she misspelled that word...nope, well he has 4 kids...nope, why is her hair that color?....nope. I had a great relationship with a man who at first glance was not a hit in the looks department but after meeting him I realized how great he really was. Personality is what I find most attractive.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Oh, I had another girl get another guy's number on our 2nd date right in front of me. The crappy thing is I drove and I had to take her home (I can't be that mean and just leave her there), but when I got to her house she asked, "Aren't you coming up?"...I'm like, "You're kidding, right?". She was honestly confused why I was upset.

You are a nice guy.

• blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    10oLCzLv69wATe.gif

So... You aren't supposed to show him how flexible you are on a first date? Been doing it all wrong.
  • Sinistrous
    Options

Wow o.o
    Be glad she did that in front of you, who knows what you could have caught from her... -shudder-
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    bAtju1MC5Z3Z6.gif
  • Sinistrous
    Options
    10oLCzLv69wATe.gif

So... You aren't supposed to show him how flexible you are on a first date? Been doing it all wrong.

She was simply doing her salutation to the sun gods for the food they were about to eat.
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    From my own experience and from what my female friends have told me; the experience for men on dating sites is WAY different than the experience for women. I have received a few odd emails but in general the women I have talked to have been pleasant. I did get a note last night that I felt was slightly controversial but it wasn't too bad.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    this i why i am incredibly picky about who ill go on a date with ...to attempt to avoid this kinda *kitten*

but yet....pp are still gross and terrible even when u really filter the *kitten*