Pregnancy 2011- May

Options

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    On weight gain -- I've gained less weight from 20-30 weeks than I did from 0-10 weeks or 10-20 weeks (sad, yes, but still true).
    0-10 weeks I gained 10 pounds. Ugh. From 10-20 weeks I gained a ridiculous 14 pounds. From 20-30 weeks I've gained 7 pounds (that was a fleeting 3 pound loss this weekend. I'm sticking steady at a 1 pound loss for this week), putting me at a total of 31 pounds at nearly 30 weeks. Having only gained 7 pounds in the last 10 weeks & FINALLY being back in control over my eating for the last week gives me hope I can finish out under 40 pounds. Maybe even at 35.
  • peanutrenee
    peanutrenee Posts: 179
    Options
    good luck with that ive been working my butt off and calorie ristricting like mad.. and im sitting at 35 lbs due in 2 weeks.. AND I FING HATE IT..
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    good luck with that ive been working my butt off and calorie ristricting like mad.. and im sitting at 35 lbs due in 2 weeks.. AND I FING HATE IT..

Is it possible you're restricting your calories too much? Overexercising and/or undereating is going to screw your metabolism whether your pregnant or not.
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Annelise: I’m sorry to hear you didn’t feel to well last night but you def deserve that Ice cream!!!

Meokk: I didn’t pass the 1 hr and had to do the 3hr both times but I upped my protein intake and lowered my carbs each time so hopefully that helps. Good luck mama!

Ron: Yay for the heartbeat!! I don’t ever get tired of hearing it either I even borrowed a sethescope from a friend who is a nurse and has many to listen when I feel like it.  I also know what you mean about the doctor’s office scale I’m almost a lb heavier than at home.

AFM: I spent the day shopping for my job yesterday wow I was super swollen when I got home from work yesterday! Yipes!! This was the most I’ve ever been swollen I could poke my ankles and there was an indent WOW!! As a result I didn’t get on my stationary bike and log my thirty mins i really want to keep this exercise going
  • peanutrenee
    Options

Is it possible you're restricting your calories too much? Overexercising and/or undereating is going to screw your metabolism whether your pregnant or not.
    my doc says i needs to stay at this weight. for 2 weeks.. so im trying.. i dont eat alot in general.. but i work out alot, i do alot of walking and things like that...its just hard i hate gaining weight and things like that.. i just want to be able to drop it fast.. u know.. i just want more than one pair of pants.. and my butt to be toned up cause its rly not now.. i dont eat junk food i drink about 8 glasses of water a day no soda..
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Feeling better today, probably because i slept much better than usual last night.

Random question- what does everyone think about anti-virus software? Is it really needed? My new laptop came with a free trial.. but I am hesitant to pay a bunch of money for a subscription!

I'm guessing you have a PC- don't bother with what it came with. You can download AVG online for FREE and it works the best.
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Ron- I’m so glad your appointment went well. I love love love hearing baby’s heartbeat, though it’s only been once for me thus far (brat likes to hide). The first time was just like a huge sigh of relief for one and makes it all the more real, as if it couldn’t be more real already!

Lynn & Anna- I KNOW!!!!!!!!!! 18 hours to go!!!!!!!!!

Julie- It’s amazing how different all pregnancies are because I haven’t gained diddly yet so I’m sure the next 10 weeks I’ll become a hippo, maybe even over night!

AFM: Our Ultrasound/Gender appointment is at 7:30am tomorrow and the hospital is over an hour away. I really didn’t care because I’ll be lucky to get much sleep tonight, if at all! We’ll have to be out of the house by 6 so up by 5 at the latest. I’m excited though :love:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    AnneElise – Have a great weekend with your family. That’s so sweet of your students to throw you a shower!

Julie – I told my husband what yours said about not giving your daughter the code to the alarm. He said that’s a great idea and we should do the same. :laugh:

Renee – I always weigh more on my doctors’ scale than I do at home. Don’t be so hard on yourself; I don’t think 35 pounds is a bad gain especially when you’re due in 2 weeks.

Mel – sorry you’re having a rough time getting exercise in.

Pmaria – If you were that swollen it’s probably best that you took a break from exercise.

Danielle – I can’t wait to hear what you’re having!!!!!!!!

I forgot my lunch today so when I walked on my break I stopped at subway to get something. I would have been fine if I didn’t buy 2 chocolate chip macadamia nut cookies along with my sandwich. I officially have 180 calories left for the day! :explode: :grumble: :noway: Oh well, ya win some ya lose some! :ohwell:
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    i dont eat alot in general.. but i work out alot

If you ask me (and yes, I'm aware you didn't :smile:), this could be a problem.
    I lost 80 pounds from September 2009-September 2010 and I learned I have to feed my body to lose weight. I was exercising too much and not eating enough and I slammed into a weight loss wall like you wouldn't believe. I struggled for 8 months to drop about 20 more pounds (after dropping close to 60 the 4 months before that).

I won't be doing that again after baby is here. I'm going to aim for about 500 calorie deficits for me each day (which means once I start exercising again, I should be eating 1500-2400 calories a day depending on my exercise). None of the totally stupid 1500+ daily deficits like I had in the beginning that time.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

my doc says i needs to stay at this weight. for 2 weeks.. so im trying.. i dont eat alot in general.. but i work out alot, i do alot of walking and things like that...its just hard i hate gaining weight and things like that.. i just want to be able to drop it fast.. u know.. i just want more than one pair of pants.. and my butt to be toned up cause its rly not now.. i dont eat junk food i drink about 8 glasses of water a day no soda..

What is he gonna do if you gain more, spank you? Your pre-pregnancy weight is 120, so a very healthy weight. For someone who is starting their pregnancy at a healthy weight, a 40 lb gain is not bad at all.

Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly enjoy gaining the weight either (I don't know anyone that does) but it's something that you don't have 100% control over at this point. And we all want to be able to drop it fast, like the day after delivery would be nice! :laugh: Try to remember that being kind to your metabolism now will help you to lose it faster after you have the baby.

Don't be so hard on yourself, you are doing great!
  • peanutrenee
    Options

What is he gonna do if you gain more, spank you? Your pre-pregnancy weight is 120, so a very healthy weight. For someone who is starting their pregnancy at a healthy weight, a 40 lb gain is not bad at all.

Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly enjoy gaining the weight either (I don't know anyone that does) but it's something that you don't have 100% control over at this point. And we all want to be able to drop it fast, like the day after delivery would be nice! :laugh: Try to remember that being kind to your metabolism now will help you to lose it faster after you have the baby.

Its sad... that my husband was like this morning live lost 5 lbs.. i looked at him and wanted to beat him up and cry at the same time im just not sure what scale to trust.. there is a 6 lb difference.. so its like uhh.. idk..
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Arrghhhh! One of my co-workers is pregnant, she smoke. Last week she told me she was going to quit. Today I saw her outside smoking, without even me saying anything she tells me, “the doctors said the baby might have a heart problem (because of all the lithium she was on) might as well a lung problem too.” Seriously?????? :noway: If the doctors told me I had to give up breathing to have a healthy baby I’d do it. I feel so bad for her baby, it breaks my heart.
  • joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Feeling better today, probably because i slept much better than usual last night.

Random question- what does everyone think about anti-virus software? Is it really needed? My new laptop came with a free trial.. but I am hesitant to pay a bunch of money for a subscription!

It's needed. But you do NOT need to pay for it! There are a few free ones that work very well. I'm a computer idiot about stuff like that but hubby is a computer/electronics genius. I'll ask him what he recommends and get back with you. I want to say it's AdAware. I know that's a program but I could be making up the part about him recommending it. :laugh:
    I'll let you know when he responds to my text.

Yep, I was making up that he recommends Adaware.

He recommends AVG Free & keeping windows updated. If you don't use Windows, then there isn't a huge threat so you probably don't need anti-virus software. He says if you're going to pay for one, Kaspersky is supposed to be super good.

For computer idiot me, he makes sure I keep Windows updated & tells me how stupid I am when I do stupid things. :laugh: I'm pretty much banned from downloading anything to my own laptop at this point. :tongue: (And I think I know a lot more about what not to do than a lot of people)

thanks a bunch!!! I will download that free one then and use it :-)
  • kacylaine
    kacylaine Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Been stalking the board lately, since I'm not pregnant anymore or TTC (I just have to keep up with all your sweet babies, Danielle--can't wait for tomorrow!), but I had to comment on this one:
    Arrghhhh! One of my co-workers is pregnant, she smoke. Last week she told me she was going to quit. Today I saw her outside smoking, without even me saying anything she tells me, “the doctors said the baby might have a heart problem (because of all the lithium she was on) might as well a lung problem too.” Seriously?????? :noway: If the doctors told me I had to give up breathing to have a healthy baby I’d do it. I feel so bad for her baby, it breaks my heart.

I had a "friend" (really, she just used me for money and free child care) who smoked through BOTH of her pregnancies (She got pregnant again when AnnaGrace was 2 months old, but by a different man, who happened to be an ex-con...she's a classy lady :laugh: ). Then she was just shocked when AnnaGrace spent nearly a month in the hospital for breathing problems, and was baffled again when Jeremiah did the same. Duh, you idiot, put down the freakin cancer stick while you're pregnant and don't smoke in the house with 2 tiny babies! I feel like maybe there should be IQ testing before people are allowed to be parents.

AFM: mini-update. FINALLY stopped bleeding. I figured it up and I bled for nearly 3 straight weeks. Had my D and C last Friday and it was awful because BF couldn't get off work and my friend had to take me with her 2 little kids, so I had to pretend to be fine the whole time. I'm starting to laugh again, so that's good I guess, but Mother's Day is going to suck. Have another Dr appt next Friday and (might be TMI, so stop now if you're not interested in my sex life :laugh: ) I'm itching to go because we can't have sex until she confims that my cervix is closed back up and it's been a MONTH and we're both just DYING!

Anyway, gotta get off here, leaving work now. Happy Cinco de Mayo!
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Ah, I am exhausted. When we hit a certain goal money-wise at work we have company luncheons. I always help prepare the food and and get it ready. Being on my feet all morning and cooking has made the rest of the work day hard. I usually love helping with the luncheons, but blahhh! I just want to go home and sleep now.

Oh and what the heck, I got to work, and I completely lost all of my breakfast. I haven't figured out why it occurs so randomly. Oh well.

I am having a hard time with the weight gain, because first tri I was down 3 lbs. 2nd I really didn't gain anything until the last few weeks, and now it just feels like I am gaining like crazy and I am not making that dumb of choices I think. I will sit at one weight for a while and then I'll be up like 4 lbs!! Well, I know that most of it is water and such, but once I get that under control I have practically gained that weight for real, so then I don't ever see certain numbers on the scale, just big jumps. I'd rather see a steady 1 lb. a week or something then nothing and then huge jump, nothing and then huge jump.

Sorry, for being whiney, I just feel cranky today for some reason. lol
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options

Wow, this just makes my blood boil :explode: :mad: It's hard to fathom the depths of stupidity within this woman. Too bad you can't call child protective services NOW !!
  • auttyfrmca
    auttyfrmca Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Wow, this just makes my blood boil :explode: :mad: It's hard to fathom the depths of stupidity within this woman. Too bad you can't call child protective services NOW !!

You know we weren't trying. I wasn't on BC because we were going to start trying at the end of this month to have a spring baby. It was hard when I found out because I just started to lose weight. I about slapped myself for thinking I could continue taking all the supplements I was taking. i was in shock and denial and thought surely this won't hurt anything. Anyways i stopped taking because most of the stuff is natural so it's not known and why would i do that!

MY neighbor smokes. She's almost 6 months and she has gained maybe 8 lbs. She's itty bitty so she needs to put a little weight on! Her first son was born at 7 months and had major complications. (she's not very classy either, it's the house that I say i live next to becaues everyone knows which house I'm talking about) Anyways, STUPID girl! She has a chance to have a healthier child and isn't doing it!
  • Mamatoabunch
    Mamatoabunch Posts: 749
    Options

LOL, ITA. We are not children, this you cannot gain anymore or only a certain amount, etc, is total bs.
  • peanutrenee
    Options

LOL, ITA. We are not children, this you cannot gain anymore or only a certain amount, etc, is total bs.
    yeah but im not having a 30 lb baby..and most ppl drop maybe 18 lbs in the6 weeks after... and id like to be able to see my feet im at 35 lbs gain : ( wanted 25 max but didnt work.. idk..
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options

yeah but im not having a 30 lb baby..and most ppl drop maybe 18 lbs in the6 weeks after... and id like to be able to see my feet im at 35 lbs gain : ( wanted 25 max but didnt work.. idk..

It's not just the weight of the baby :
    Baby = 7–8 pounds
    Placenta = 1–2 pounds
    Amniotic fluid = 2 pounds
    Uterus = 2 pounds
    Maternal breast tissue = 2 pounds
    Maternal blood = 4 pounds
    Fluids in maternal tissue = 4 pounds
    Maternal fat and nutrient stores = 7 pounds

You are well within a healthy range, try to stop obsessing :flowerforyou: