Do you get hit on?

Options

Replies

• TheCounselorx
    TheCounselorx Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    I hardly ever get hit on... I like to think its 'coz I'm so good looking... but I do get hit a lot - does that count?
  • sweety510
    sweety510 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Nope not like in my younger years, now I have 3 kids I'm lugging around all day and married to an amazing man. Didn't even notice I don't get hit on anymore until I came to this forum. :#
  • anadoesit
    anadoesit Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I think there's a difference between being flirted with...and being propositioned.

I'm married, too, and I am upfront about it but why not engage in a little banter? My husband is often sitting right beside me and laughs at how I go all flustered with the attention of a handsome young man.

Again, probably a cultural thing. If you go out in Ireland to a pub, on a weekend, you will probably be chatted up. It might be a 72year old farmer, but it is still nice to be nice. :)
  • xstephnz
    xstephnz Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Never, except occasionally from this creepy old guy from my hostel
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    sweety510 wrote: »
    Nope not like in my younger years, now I have 3 kids I'm lugging around all day and married to an amazing man. Didn't even notice I don't get hit on anymore until I came to this forum. :#

She's 28 and thinking back to her "younger years"...heck those were my younger years.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the last time I was hit on by someone who was sober. I don't count them if they are drunk. lol. I know what beer goggles can do. Though mine are usually whiskey goggles.

In for the whisky goggles! I just really like whisky/whiskey/bourbon

• Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Ok, now I am really confused (being serious (just for a moment)). So being flirted with or being complimented are not considered being hit on, but being propositioned is?

Rules! There are so many rules and so little space to store them all in!
  • khansarah
    khansarah Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I got hit on a lot last year. When I lived in Chicago I couldn't go anywhere without getting hit on. Since I moved to mass I used to get hit on at the gym and work all the time. But this year I haven't gotten hit on at all. It used to be annoying, but now I miss it. It feels good to get the occasional compliment. It's very motivational. I keep wondering what changed. Maybe location, maybe me:(
  • anadoesit
    anadoesit Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Ok, now I am really confused (being serious (just for a moment)). So being flirted with or being complimented are not considered being hit on, but being propositioned is?

Rules! There are so many rules and so little space to store them all in!

No rules. Just manners. So, "How are you tonight? Having fun? You're looking well." is fine.
    "I want to bleep bleep your bleep bleep all night." is not fine. That's being propositioned.

• scorpiowoman326
    scorpiowoman326 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I can honestly count the number of times I've been hit on in the past 7 years (since I met my husband) on one hand. I'm far from cocky, but I'm not ugly and I've got a decent body, especially with clothes on....

b3laib.jpg
    (No, I don't dress like this daily. It was a country-themed bachelorette party this past weekend.)

But I never get hit on. The girls I'm with get hit on, I see other girls getting hit on. But not me. I'm not exactly heartbroken about it, being married and all, but it does make me wonder what kind of look or vibe I've got going on that causes men to not approach me. In some cases, it''s probably the wedding ring. However, I asked my husband what he thought and he said, "You just look too smart and high maintenance. Guys probably think you're either going to reject them or make them spend all of their money before they can get into your pants." Say whaaa? Haha!

So, do you get hit on a lot? What is there to say about decent-looking girls that don't get creepy guys trying to hit her up in bars?

• scorpiowoman326
    scorpiowoman326 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    your a hottie-no idea why. I get hit on often and would kill to look like you!
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I don't get hit on. Although I'm also pretty vacant so I'd maybe not notice if I did. <<the wheels still spinning but the hamsters dead>>
  • nmcrosier
    nmcrosier Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    :'( No apparently I'm not "hit on worthy" lol.... but I get the same 2 scuzzy old guys frequently staring at my boobs as I run or take Body Combat class - ewwwww
  • the_alexorcist
    the_alexorcist Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yep
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    Well there were these four hot girls that came up to me at the beach 2 summers ago and couldn’t keep their hands off of me. But then I found out that they were just trying to push me back in the water. It became apparent what was up when they kept looking for my blowhole. ;-)

Perhaps it is the ring, it may also be that you intimidate the guys; you are a good looking lady with a very nice figure. When you are out do you smile a lot? Perhaps it is you do not seem approachable.

That is what I hear a lot from girls once they get to know me. I don’t have that Prince Charming smile and I guess I look a little brutish at times, so I don’t get hit on either. A lot of ladies once I have got to know them usually through others tell me that they were scared to even approach me.

Of course the other reason I don’t get hit on a lot is because I got big as a house. Now I’m just hut size. Jabba the hut.
  • dimasj
    dimasj Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    only by men way way older than me. I'm single and wonder why no men in or around my age group do the flirting??????
  • csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Only by work colleagues that are a little too young, or in a position of authority.
    Or family members :neutral_face:
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    dimasj wrote: »
    only by men way way older than me. I'm single and wonder why no men in or around my age group do the flirting??????

What do you consider "in and around your age group"?

• Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    csman49 wrote: »
    Only by work colleagues that are a little too young, or in a position of authority.
    Or family members :neutral_face:

Must be nice to be close with your siblings like that..

• dimasj
    dimasj Posts: 164 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    dimasj wrote: »

What do you consider "in and around your age group"?

between 38 and 50 :) since I just turned 42.... I'm not into the 65+ age group........